Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile Pre-holiday blues

Does this happen anyone else?!

6 days until we fly to DW for 2 weeks and today the blues seem to have set in. It happens before big holidays sometimes where I just get exhausted by all the planning and just want to wallow for a while.

Also slightly stressed I’m forgetting something but I have lists (and lists of lists!) so I think I’m good!
Maggy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Exactly how I always feel just before. It’s when everything you can do is done and you just have to wait. It goes once I’m at the airport.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Exactly how I always feel just before. It’s when everything you can do is done and you just have to wait. It goes once I’m at the airport.
I haven’t actually packed yet! I have everything in packing cubes and sorted but, because the kids don’t know we’re going, I can’t get the suitcases out! That’s not helping the stress levels.
Maggy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maggy78 View Post
I haven’t actually packed yet! I have everything in packing cubes and sorted but, because the kids don’t know we’re going, I can’t get the suitcases out! That’s not helping the stress levels.
Maybe that's why you have the blues, you can't get really excited as your kids don't know they are going. You will be ok once you get going on your trip. I am usually rushing around flapping about this and that and it drives my DH insane. I have to pack for 3 of us, he just does his plus I have all the tickets, money, etc. Enjoy and have fun! How are you going to tell your kids?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
How are you going to tell your kids?
We’re going to pick them up from school and then tell them just before driving to Dublin! Stay overnight and then fly on Saturday!

First it was too early to tell them, then there was illness on both sides of the family so we were worried we might not actually get to go and then it was Christmas and then we kinda decided it would be kind of cool to wait and really surprise them!
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Lucky kids! I wish I was one of your kids right now! :-)

Please let us know how they reacted!

I think it's normal to feel the way you are feeling. A whole lot of planning has gone into your holiday no doubt. I'm sure one you are at the airport and all checked in, it'll be fine.

Have a great trip! :-)
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I get a bit anxious but not “blue” in the days leading up. Maybe keeping it from the kids is ruining your own excitement. Maybe it’s time to tell them so they can enjoy the anticipation too? For me that’s all part of the enjoyment!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I get a bit anxious but not “blue” in the days leading up. Maybe keeping it from the kids is ruining your own excitement. Maybe it’s time to tell them so they can enjoy the anticipation too? For me that’s all part of the enjoyment!
I agree.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Yep, happens to me too. All excited on the lead up to the holiday and then a few days before we go I get all panicky and down. I start worrying incase it doesn't all go smoothly, don't know why because that is out of my hands.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This upcoming holiday has had the opposite effect on me. I was diagnosed as suffering from anxiety and stress last year and the thought of this holiday - and all the planning - has been one of the key things that has helped me. I never used to be one for watching YouTube but now I really enjoy watching travel day videos (and reading about them here).

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this holiday has cured me but it has certainly helped.