Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
Excited about Disney

Difficult week...

So we finally straddled the hurdle of my 15 yo DD1's inquest on Tuesday.

It was a very tough day but we did get some answers that will hopefully bring us some peace in the long run... we now know that there is nothing that anyone could have done to save her.

We had asked that family members do not attend the inquest as I did not want them to have images in their minds of Abby that they would never be able to shake. DH and I were with her when she died and so we saw everything but there is no way I would want to put any other friends or family through that. My dad and brother wanted to support us but I asked them not to.

The local press were there, lord knows why as surely the only people this matters to is us as a family. The story is all over the North Wales press and has also been online on the Metro, Daily Mail etc. It's tough seeing it, they shared detailed information that I was hoping to protect my family from...

One of the last 1st year hurdles is now approaching being the 1st anniversary of her death which is on April 2nd...

You may have read my other thread regarding us naming a new puppy. We almost bought a new puppy in the early days after DD1 died as DD2 (14) is dog crazy but we held off as we didn't want to make a spur of the moment decision.

We have now decided that the time is right and so we go to collect him on April 2nd. I don't know if this seems bonkers but we just needed something to look forward to and if there is anything I can to to make this date more bearable for us all as a family then our new little pup Chip is the answer.

Hope you all don't mind me sharing I just needed to get this off my chest this morning to help clear my mind.

Ali x

Edited at 09:40 AM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Next trip in...
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry that you are having to go through this. Heartbreaking enough without seeing it in public.
You are very brave and you have now got over that particular hurdle.
Good decision with the puppy, hoping he brings much needed comfort and smiles xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
He just hasnt met me yet!
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

You share away if it helps. I cannot pretend to know what you are going through/have been through but my heart goes out to you.
I hope your puppy brings you some much deserved happiness. X
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Brightwatervilla our home from home
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Iím so sorry your family has had to go through this and I wish you peace and healing xxx
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

No parent should ever have to go through this my heart goes out to you and your family. Iím sure I echo other dibbers when saying no one at all minds that you feel able to come here this morning and share. We all need an outlet and if it helps you even in the slightest then I know youíll receive much support on here.

I think a puppy is a lovely thing to help you all focus your love on Iím sure it will bring you all much fun and happiness.

Sending much love xx
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having a daughter who is a similar age to Abby I just cannot comprehend what you have faced... so very sorry for you and your family. Itís very sad that the press are still allowed to publish these very personal stories which as you say the details of which should only be for the people who need to know and not be up for public scrutiny. I think it is a wonderful idea to collect your new puppy on that date it will not take away the sadness and the memories but is a tiny step forward in your familyís healing process.
Take care

Edited at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
jools1302 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
It's happening! The Big '50' family trip
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have no words, but enjoy your new puppy. ♥️Be kind to yourselves and hugs to you and your family xxxxx
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Getting Excited

Mobile

I donít know what to say other than I am so sorry. Take care of yourselves.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I only hope the inquest will, eventually, give you some peace. I can only imagine how distressing it must have been to have to through everything again at the inquest, and then again through the press 😔

As others have said, I hope our words help you in some small way. I think your family has been so strong through this. I hope Chip brings a little more happiness into your lives xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Sincere condolences to you and your family - such a tragic and out of the blue event. Bless you.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote