Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Dec 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
No idea who you are. Why would I be referring to you?
I do believe the obvious answer to this has been helpfully given while I’ve been busy at work all day. However. The above was pretty rude too.
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

Update as I rode this yesterday if this helps.

So, advertised opening (from cast members at our resort and online Disney) time for the park was 0800hrs but from seeing previous days we ubered it from our resort to DHS and arrived at 0600hrs.

There were about 1000 people already here and we went through security. We were held from entering the park at this stage but at 0630hrs they opened the park.

It’s only after all members of a your party are inside the park (scanned in) can you request a boarding group. We did this immediately and got boarding group 20. We then went to Slinky dog with a 20 minute wait so with walking the queue we were almost on straight away.

Our boarding party was called at 0710 with it expiring at 0910hrs. We did Toy Story Mania and then went straight to ROTR.

We went straight in and there was about 20 mins before we actually started the ride but great queue with very atmospheric scenery.

Ride was fantastic, no spoilers but I would do this again if I wasn’t restricted for time. By 0750hrs all boarding passes were gone. It helped for us as it was our first full day after arriving from the uk so we’re awake by 0400hrs.

Disney will not advertise this and they stick to their official opening times but speaking to a cast member they have people out at 0230hrs in the queue and when there are lots of people waiting, they open early for safety reasons.

Hope this helps and this is directly from the event yesterday.

If you want to ride this then get there early as all passes were gone before the official opening time.
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pipster View Post
Disney will not advertise this and they stick to their official opening times but speaking to a cast member they have people out at 0230hrs in the queue and when there are lots of people waiting, they open early for safety reasons.

If you want to ride this then get there early as all passes were gone before the official opening time.
If they carry on like this there is no chance of us getting on it! We are not early risers and it will be our 5th day there so the jetlag will have passed. There is no way I’d be able to get my team up to be at a park for 6am no matter what the prize at the end!
But it sounds a little as if the crowds are making this happen. If we all stopped, and stopped talking about it, there wouldn’t be a queue and they wouldn’t have to open so much earlier for “safety reasons” 🙄
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So, advertised opening (from cast members at our resort and online Disney) time for the park was 0800hrs but from seeing previous days we ubered it from our resort to DHS and arrived at 0600hrs.

There were about 1000 people already here and we went through security. We were held from entering the park at this stage but at 0630hrs they opened the park.

It’s only after all members of a your party are inside the park (scanned in) can you request a boarding group. We did this immediately and got boarding group 20. We then went to Slinky dog with a 20 minute wait so with walking the queue we were almost on straight away.

Our boarding party was called at 0710 with it expiring at 0910hrs. We did Toy Story Mania and then went straight to ROTR.

We went straight in and there was about 20 mins before we actually started the ride but great queue with very atmospheric scenery.

Ride was fantastic, no spoilers but I would do this again if I wasn’t restricted for time. By 0750hrs all boarding passes were gone. It helped for us as it was our first full day after arriving from the uk so we’re awake by 0400hrs.

Well managed. Glad you had a great morning 👍
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

Good info. Glad you had a great time. RotR sounds fantastic, the early start not so much.

But just to clarify, for those that don't know...

As of yesterday morning, the official opening time for HS advertised on Disney's website and elsewhere was 7am. It's listed as 7am for at least the next week or so.

The park is opening around 30 minutes before the official opening time (i.e. 6:30am ish). As mentioned above, the boarding passes are generally all gone within the first hour after the official opening time (i.e. before 8am) and I guess this will still be the case for several days.

(And, no, I don't know why Disney doesn't put 6:30am instead of 7am as the opening time if they know they're going to open at 6:30am. )

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
But it sounds a little as if the crowds are making this happen. If we all stopped, and stopped talking about it, there wouldn’t be a queue and they wouldn’t have to open so much earlier for “safety reasons” 🙄
Yup. The reason Disney has opened the park earlier is because crowds of people keep turning up really early to the park in order to go on the new ride. A bit like they did when Pandora first opened and when Toy Story Land first opened.

Of course, reports of boarding passes all gone within an hour or so of opening aren't going to help either. This is not a criticism of people reporting this; it just means that I'd expect more people reading these reports to turn up early (I wouldn't blame them) meaning that Disney will have to continue to open the park at 6:30am-ish.

I can't see it getting any better before the new year, unfortunately. But I expect it to ease off by mid-January or so.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Surely a better solution would be to open early if the crowds necessitate, but only start distributing boarding passes at official park open.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For this morning as I type boarding passes are still being issued at 07.30 am (half an hour before advertised opening). Started issuing at 07.00. Part was due to open at 08.00.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
For this morning as I type boarding passes are still being issued at 07.30 am (half an hour before advertised opening). Started issuing at 07.00. Part was due to open at 08.00.
The advertised opening time is 7am.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...rs/park-hours/

That was also the case yesterday.

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
Surely a better solution would be to open early if the crowds necessitate, but only start distributing boarding passes at official park open.
Sounds like that's what they are doing according to LostGirl above, who said "Started issuing at 07.00". Which was the official park opening time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 13 Dec 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My bad guys I was going by Dibb opening times!

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List