Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Aug 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

afternoon/evening of landing we head to hotel unpack quick shop at wallgreens and head straight to Buffalo wild wings. Its just tradition as we have for the last 7 years eat and let the realisation of the holiday set in.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisnasah
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Mezza1991 View Post
afternoon/evening of landing we head to hotel unpack quick shop at wallgreens and head straight to Buffalo wild wings. Its just tradition as we have for the last 7 years eat and let the realisation of the holiday set in.
Same here, walmart first and then Buffalo Wild wings.

I wish they did some sort of coupons, I got a $5 dollar off last time from the I-drive leaflet
chrisnasah is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post

I would say Perkins is my favourite too.
I am pleased to learn there is a Dibb user actually called Perkins!

Originally Posted by Perkins View Post
We have to go to Perkins - its a must every time - even though its so late, we always think it signifies the start of our holiday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Sorry to dampen expectations of excited Florida first timers but, really have to say it how it is but you will be disappointed with eating out in Orlando if you follow the tourist trails. After 4 visits to Orlando I’ve lost count of the poor value for money and generally low quality meals out we’ve eaten in the Kissimmee (192/I4) area. I remember a steak meal we had on our first night back in 1998 that was pretty good but have been sadly disappointed ever since. For this years trip we’ll eat at the parks during the day and eat in our villa in the evenings. Sorry
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
Sorry to dampen expectations of excited Florida first timers but, really have to say it how it is but you will be disappointed with eating out in Orlando if you follow the tourist trails. After 4 visits to Orlando I’ve lost count of the poor value for money and generally low quality meals out we’ve eaten in the Kissimmee (192/I4) area. I remember a steak meal we had on our first night back in 1998 that was pretty good but have been sadly disappointed ever since. For this years trip we’ll eat at the parks during the day and eat in our villa in the evenings. Sorry
Aw, we've been 14 times (I think) and offsite we still enjoy places like Longhorns, Red Lobster, Cheesecake Factory etc. Ww won't touch the cheap buffets though.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s like anywhere.
There are some awful places and some fantastic.
I think there’s something for everyone really.
I do agree that you will find better options the further you move away from the main tourist areas. You don’t need to go far though.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just noticed this thread was posted in 2017 so I may have already replied and missed it!

We’re always starving when we land and eager to start the holiday off with something special.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My first one on arrival day! I don't like aeroplane food and I'm always hungry when I get there. I stay on site so have something to eat there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I guess it depends what you like. We have been several times and have only had one meal I didn't like and that was at Ponderosa. Other than that I've enjoyed everything I've had. I guess I'm just easy to please.
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Pancakes at Crackerbarrel 😋