Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by STomo View Post
The water is slightly muddied for us as we should get Universals version of a DAS as DD has ADD and ODD. So will probably get help accessing the rides anyway, so its just as much for the experience as anything else and the extra hour in park in the morning, so we can hit the WWOHP on day 2.
DS is eligible for Universal's Assistance pass, as I said in my previous post, FOTLP is far better. The disability pass is like Disney's; you are given a return time although anything under 30 minutes you are let straight on.

I prefer the FOTLP as it makes us the same as all the other Resort guests.
Old 13 Jun 14, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
STomo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
DS is eligible for Universal's Assistance pass, as I said in my previous post, FOTLP is far better. The disability pass is like Disney's; you are given a return time although anything under 30 minutes you are let straight on.

I prefer the FOTLP as it makes us the same as all the other Resort guests.
Thanks for that.

We had FOTLP before, well... for a party of six, we had one Unlimited (we bought it from someone just leaving the park) and 5 normal one ride only ones.
STomo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I still get a bit peeved about this, especially given Disney offers it for free.

We would probably have benefitted from staying on site this time, especially with Diagon Alley's opening being so close! But we just can't afford to do that and then stay in Disney as well. This is something I'm thinking of for our honeymoon in 2017 though
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
STomo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I still get a bit peeved about this, especially given Disney offers it for free.

We would probably have benefitted from staying on site this time, especially with Diagon Alley's opening being so close! But we just can't afford to do that and then stay in Disney as well. This is something I'm thinking of for our honeymoon in 2017 though
Yes, Disney do their spin on it for free but I think the Universal system works better.

On the old FP system you had to walk to the ride, get your FP tickets and then find something else to do but couldnt have more than one FP on the go at one time, so it had to be something that didnt involve a long queue! With the new system, it seems to be a military operation to book the FP+ 30/60 days in advance.

I dont know what im doing tonight, let alone in 30/60 days time!

Yes, its expensive, but it works.

Some universal rooms are less than £170 though... yes, its a lot... but is it really in the grand scheme of things?
STomo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

You will love it.
Great decision.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

We did this last month and it was great. All very easy to do, the hotel was lovely (Royal Pacific) although a little cramped for 5 of us, and the longest we queued in the park was probably 10 mins (not including harry potter, which isn't included btw)

What I will say though is they aren't truly Front of the Line (FOTL) passes, you just go on the express queue like all over guests with express passes. Think I got it in my head there there is a third queue that guaranteed you almost straight onto the ride with only other FOTL guests in front of you. They are unlimited though.

Also, felt like we didn't really get our monies worth as although we rode everything we wanted, having two small children meant we were restricted a little - i.e. couldn't go on the hulk 5 times in a row which we probably would have if we were on our own! But that's down to our circumstance, not a fault of the passes - just thought id throw it in there as something to think about if anyone is going with little monsters
Old 13 Jun 14, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
STomo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Also, felt like we didn't really get our monies worth as although we rode everything we wanted, having two small children meant we were restricted a little - i.e. couldn't go on the hulk 5 times in a row which we probably would have if we were on our own! But that's down to our circumstance, not a fault of the passes - just thought id throw it in there as something to think about if anyone is going with little monsters
We are lucky, the baby sitters are coming with us... the grandparents!
Old 13 Jun 14, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

We're thinking of staying 1 night at a universal hotel
My question is. If you can only Cheack in at 4pm and have to be out by 10am how do the express pass work If you go to the park first thing

You won't have the room key till after 4pm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Your room wont be ready but you can still check into the hotel and get your FOLP, even as early as 7am,!
You will also be able to use it until park closing the next day
Old 13 Jun 14, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok. Thanks for that
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread