Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Nov 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Don’t go for ProCook, awful pans that I wish I hadn’t bought.

At some point I’ll phone them and try to get mine swapped as they’ve got a 10 year guarantee and the coating is chipped at the rims on quite a few already.

When I ordered them it took 3 deliveries before I got a full set of 7 that weren’t damaged.

I store them with a piece of kitchen towel between the pot and lid and am very careful about the utensils I use but they’re still showing signs of wear after less than a year of use.

They’re also heavy and the handles get very hot.

The range I got were new out at the time so no reviews available, reviews of other products seemed good so I gave it a go. Never again. I must get round to writing a review and contacting them to see if they’ll change to a different range under the guarantee.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

John Lewis Classic stainless steel. I was given them as a wedding present 30 years ago and they still clean up beautifully.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We use Tefal Ingenio and wouldn't use anything else. Apart from the storage benefits I find the non stick great even though I abuse them by putting them in the dishwasher. I guess only downside is they are quite expensive and you really need to buy an extra handle or two than comes in the sets.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
I've just bought these as they were on offer, I've only used them a few times but so fay I'm really impressed.
P.s - I use frylight often too

Product code: 5880971

groceries.asda/product/s.../1000002936686

scoville-neverstick-5-piece-cookware-pan-set
I bought the Scoville-never stick sauté pan and it's been really good so far, nothing has stuck, my only gripe is the handle is large and doesn't sit in the pan to be able to stack other pans.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We have the full set of Tefal Ingenio, really like them. Storage is a real bonus, being able to put them into the oven as dishes has come in handy and ours came with storage lids too which have also been good.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We got a set of prestige stainless steel pans when we got married 18 years ago and they are still going strong.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have Pro Cook Elite Tri-ply. I always had non stick pans before but always found them to peel after a time. These are Stainless Steel and not non stick It took a bit of used to a different style of cooking but I absolutely love them now and would never go back!

They do well in the dishwasher and come out sparkly clean.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

We have a set of these, had them quite a few years now lecreuset/en_GB/p/...d/SS53202.html quite often they do offers on a set in the outlets.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Personally, I avoid non stick as much as I can, as it is a waste of money because it never lasts, and also the chemicals it releases are not good!

I have been using Costco's Kirkland signature range for some years, and they are brilliant. Very good quality at a reasonable price, and perfect for an induction hob. I do have one non stick pan for eggs, but I have mastered frying an egg on SS so very rarely have to use it.

Even though some pans say they are suitable for induction, they may only have a thin layer of stainless steel in the construction to heat the whole pot. You really need full stainless steel or iron to get the best out of induction.

Here is a link...costco/Home-Kitche...-Set/p/1119338
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I have Stellar 7000. Had them 10 years and still good. Used them for our gas hob which we had first and have used them on our induction hob.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List