Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Dec 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Can I report this to eBay?

I bought something from eBay before Christmas from what was listed as a UK seller.
They updated when they posted the item with a tracking number which they said was Royal Mail. After a week of no parcel arriving I tried to track only to find that it was not a Royal Mail tracking number. I contacted the seller only to find his account now updated and him now being listed as in China. I reported the item as not received to eBay and eventually got a message back from seller saying they would resend and to cancel the case I had opened. I didn’t cancel as I didn’t get the replacement and was eventually refunded. I left negative feedback to say communication was awful, item was not received and seller was in China not UK as he was saying he was. I am now getting bombarded with messages from the seller telling me to remove the feedback. I initially replied saying no, due to the reasons above, and have not replied since but he is messaging ever day saying it’s very important that I remove it. Am I able to report this to eBay? I know I should probably just ignore all his messages but its really annoyed me that he is conning people into purchases. Yesterday he was again listed as a UK seller and this morning it’s changed to Hong King. Either he gets about a bit or his geography is pants!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I would do it in 2 stages . Firstly I would message them confirming your reasons for the negative review and advise that if they continue sending these messages you will report them to ebay.

If they continue- report them.

Just my 2c
Old 27 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Don’t reply or anything else, straight to EBay and report. They sort these things out and that’s what you pay them for, although it’s not as safe and good as it was they do clamp down on this kind of behaviour as their reputation is not as good as it once was.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve noticed loads of sellers doing this lately! Stating they are based in the UK but they actually aren’t. eBay needs to be sorting this as it’s basically fraud!
I would be reporting it, you are well within your rights to leave negative feedback and the seller should not be harassing you trying to get you to remove it.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Take any screen shots of him being in ‘uk’ and ‘China’ as proof just in case
Old 28 Dec 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Item location misrepresentation is rife on Ebay and they don't care. They say they do but as long as they're getting their fees they're not bothered.

Contact Ebay about the "threatening" messages here:

ebay/help/action?topicId=4850
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Obviously they are trying to intimidate you so you remove your feedback BUT why should you as long as your comments are fair and truthful you are doing the rest of us a favour.
It’s your point if you, you had bad service so they should not make you feel sooo bad. Can you imagine how often they have done this and then you came along read the positive feedback and provided them with your custom.
Ignore their comments, report straight to eBay. No point “arguing” with them clearly unless you do as they say they’ll not be prepared to listen.
Good luck
Old 28 Dec 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Can you update your feedback to indicate that the seller has now been bullying you.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thank you for all your comments. I am now on eBay chat waiting for them to investigate.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Well eBay are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. They are taking his many messages telling me to remove the feedback as 'the sellers way of trying to sort the issue that happened on the transaction' although I do not have to revise the feedback if I do not wish to. I have also reported him for selling as a UK seller (yep, he seems to have relocated to London again after being in Hong Kong yesterday!) when he is located in China. They have said that this will will be investigated by the relevant team and the action taken will be warning>restriction>suspension. So basically, he can do as he pleases and they won't do very much at all!