Notices

Old 29 Mar 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
2 weeks with the family... are we crazy?! Final update 22/09/18

As some of you may remember our last Disney trip was last summer with our friends and their 3 children which was definitely a different experience for us!

We did manage a winter trip to Washington DC and Delaware and have been hoping to sneak in a short break for just the two of us - but so far haven't managed it

So, as it stands our next planned trip is a family adventure in Sept/Oct for 2 weeks.

The group

Obviously, there is Rob and I (the tour guides).

We are joined by his parents Paul and Tracey (who are generously funding the trip). Paul celebrates his 60th birthday shortly before our trip and so is hoping to retire soon. Tracey had heart surgery last year and despite not really enjoying flying she is looking forward to riding Splash Mountain repeatedly!

Finally we have Kevin (Rob's brother), his partner Sharna and their 3 children: Blake (14), Leona (10) and Charlie (6).

Accommodation

For the first week of our trip we are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter in 3 separate rooms. We had the 'free' QSDP but upgraded to the DDP so that we could fit in some of our favourite restaurants.

After our disappointment last year I cancelled our booking at the villa we had reserved (although we appear to have lost our deposit as the owners stuck to their T&Cs despite the fact we felt the villa was misrepresented on the website) and I have after much research found another property which will hopefully live up to their reviews.

For our final night I have splurged and used most of our DVC points to book a Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower. I didn't quite have enough points for a Theme Park view so we have booked a Lake View and will watch Hallowishes from the Top of the World lounge. I am reasonably confident that this is not the best use of our points but it may be Tracey's last visit and I think she will really enjoy it!

Food

Having discussed meal options with the group I am planning to book the following restaurants:
  • Sanaa
  • Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
  • The Plaza
  • Sci Fi
  • Teppan Edo
  • Garden Grill
  • Chef Mickeys
  • T Rex - for the rest of the group, Rob and I will visit Yachtsman instead!

Treats

As we did last year we have a few special treats planned for the children.

We will book Leona a makeover at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique - although we may look at getting her a dress separately that she can wear when she gets home.

Charlie will be turned into a pirate at the Pirate's league - hopefully he will like that.

Blake is a bit old for being a pirate so we are hoping to book places at one of the DVC moonlight magic events so that he will get some time without the others. If I can't book this he will probably go clothes shopping instead!

Custom cake - last year I got Amy a Frozen themed cake at Chef Mickeys. Paul would not enjoy the attention of a birthday cake so instead I think I am going to get a Splash Mountain themed cake for everyone to share - Tracey will love that!

We are also planning a trip to Busch Gardens but not Universal as tickets for 9 people get expensive fast…plus I'm not sure we have time for much more!

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I really enjoyed reading about your trip last year. This sounds like it will be fun. POFQ looks like such a cute resort from the vlogs I've seen. Your special treats for your family are lovely, what a nice idea.

I hope you all have a fab trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I really enjoyed reading about your trip last year. This sounds like it will be fun. POFQ looks like such a cute resort from the vlogs I've seen. Your special treats for your family are lovely, what a nice idea.

I hope you all have a fab trip.
Fun?! I’m sure it will be something 🤔 I forgot to mention - we are also doing the Halloween party - which will definitely be fun 😀

I’ve also got some ears for Sharna and Leona, might get Tracey a pair too
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
So, our ADR day has now arrived and I have booked all of the restaurants that the group agreed upon.

I had to make one minor adjustment and switch The Plaza and Garden Grill around as we were originally planning The Plaza on a halloween party day - and that seems to affect the available reservation times.

I got everything else on the day I wanted - although I had to take slightly earlier times for 2 nights but they are on our first couple of days so I don't think it will cause any problems.

I also have the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and the Pirates League booked on the same day as our Chef Mickey reservation so everything is sorted!

I also got our Halloween party tickets booked using our DVC discount.

So, all I have left now is to book tickets for Busch Gardens and the FP to book at our 60 day mark

Having said that - Rob and I might fit in a separate Sanaa visit on the 2nd week
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
My new park bag arrived today 😀

Old 31 May 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
So, I’ve now added a reservation for the new Happily Ever After after dessert party for Rob and I for the 2nd week.

I get really frustrated with people when waiting on Main Street so have booked this to avoid that! The desserts will be a bonus

I also ordered some ear lanyards which arrived a few days ago

Old 1 Jun 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip & what a way to end it in that villa!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
So, my latest pair of ears from TheMerryEarMarket arrived today 😁

And here are my 3 new accessories all together 🤩

Old 6 Jul 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
What is a plan without a few changes?!

So, Busch Gardens is out...

Charlie really loves Lego and so today we bought tickets for Kev, Sharna, Leona and Charlie to do a day at Legoland!

And, subject to a final decision Rob and I may be taking Blake to Universal - a 1 day 2 park ticket is expensive but would allow him to visit both bits of Harry Potter and hopefully get to see a lot of the rest as we wouldn’t have to hang around for the others...

Paul and Tracey will probably have a villa day to rest!

Edited at 10:14 PM.
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
So we are getting closer to our trip, fast passes booked (mostly) although I am trying to rearrange a couple to better suit our plans.

I’ve been buying a few bits and pieces along the way for the kids:

Bag for Leona

Wallet for Blake

Some Lego bits for Charlie

Plus Ears for Sharna and Leona