Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've got a booking at the moment with the beach club for 14th October for 5 nights but I'm waiting for them to release other rooms and going to change it to a one night booking so that we can stay onsite for a MNSSHP night. That way I won't lose my deposit and not still get a Disney fix. It's all a bit of a joke really. Wish I never booked it in the first place and just stuck to the non Disney stop like planned 😩

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I've got a booking at the moment with the beach club for 14th October for 5 nights but I'm waiting for them to release other rooms and going to change it to a one night booking so that we can stay onsite for a MNSSHP night. That way I won't lose my deposit and not still get a Disney fix. It's all a bit of a joke really. Wish I never booked it in the first place and just stuck to the non Disney stop like planned 😩
You will still get charged for amending it though if the cost of your stay has gone down the only way your not charged is if your changing to something more expensive
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by staryeyedbird View Post
You will still get charged for amending it though if the cost of your stay has gone down the only way your not charged is if your changing to something more expensive
Oh I know, but I'd rather pay the £50 amendment fee than £3300 for a holiday I'm not entirely happy with!

NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I have to agree. We were doing non Disney but got sucked into it now it’s just frustrating . We are debating now dropping Disney again.
What I don’t understand is how Disney are clearky advertising ( and still are ) something that is clearly not available to book . They state you can book free dining upto 30th November but in reality you physically cannot bookanything in November at all . If Virgin did this there would be uproar but because it’s “sparkly I can do no wrong Disney “ it’s actually ok to falsely advertise a product. They should change their advert then put more dates added . Why be patient ? Why should we they are advertising it so it should be there to book . It’s not rocket science . I betTA’s aren’t overjoyed and I noticed Virgin in Meadowhall yesterday had removed the large advertising posters they had up.
I notice the convention booking seems lie to have disappeared now as well. It’s a farce tbh.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I have to agree. We were doing non Disney but got sucked into it now it’s just frustrating . We are debating now dropping Disney again.
What I don’t understand is how Disney are clearky advertising ( and still are ) something that is clearly not available to book . They state you can book free dining upto 30th November but in reality you physically cannot bookanything in November at all . If Virgin did this there would be uproar but because it’s “sparkly I can do no wrong Disney “ it’s actually ok to falsely advertise a product. They should change their advert then put more dates added . Why be patient ? Why should we they are advertising it so it should be there to book . It’s not rocket science . I betTA’s aren’t overjoyed and I noticed Virgin in Meadowhall yesterday had removed the large advertising posters they had up.
I notice the convention booking seems lie to have disappeared now as well. It’s a farce tbh.
Farce was the word I was going to use aswell but didn't want to be jumped on for it lol. I'm definetly changing it when the rooms become available, if they don't? Then I'll wait for my cashback payment to be paid out and then cancel, that way only losing £75 (cashback was £135) and use Davids DVC rentals for a for a MNSSHP night. I got carried away one night when hubby said let's do Disney. Like you, I don't understand how they can be offering free dining and gift cards when it can't actually be booked. Why a big company can't just be honest about what they're doing I don't know!

Old 22 Jun 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It's funny the virgin website now only has the swan and dolphin with no dining plan available
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Wow I didn't even realise the Star Wars thingy would impact and Disney pull the booking option.

Thankfully I booked mine when free dining came out and have mine set in stone for end of November
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Wow I didn't even realise the Star Wars thingy would impact and Disney pull the booking option.

Thankfully I booked mine when free dining came out and have mine set in stone for end of November
Mine too!

Remember all offer are “subject to availability” and currently there isn’t any for later on next year. So the advertising isn’t “wrong”. It does however set expectations which cannot be met at this time and I appreciate how frustrating that is.

I remember before 19th April some people saying “why is everyone desperate to book as Disney have loads of availability and rooms”. This kind of thing is why. Certainly why I booked on 19th and with VH as couldn’t get on the Disney site. You could argue I “panic booked”!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
Mine too!

Remember all offer are “subject to availability” and currently there isn’t any for later on next year. So the advertising isn’t “wrong”. It does however set expectations which cannot be met at this time and I appreciate how frustrating that is.

I remember before 19th April some people saying “why is everyone desperate to book as Disney have loads of availability and rooms”. This kind of thing is why. Certainly why I booked on 19th and with VH as couldn’t get on the Disney site. You could argue I “panic booked”!
Yes it is wrong, it clearly states on Disney website the $200 gift card and free gift card is up to 30th November 2019 but try to book November 19 and you get told they are not on sale yet so it is FALSE advertising . You can’t offer something that doesnt exist . Other companies would not get off lightly with advertising like this.

As for Virgin theydusbey hotels haven’t been on sale at all for a few weeks when Disney suspended all booking , funnily enough just after stars wars announceme of opening late fall.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List