Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile The dreaded delay - Glasgow

Currently sat in the holiday inn at Glasgow airport waiting on a conference room to spend the next 8 hours in. Our flight has been delayed for 10 hours.
Looking on the brightside,we’ll be well fed and watered,have saved money on our usual Frankie and bennys breakfast and we’ll not be going out for dinner when we arrive so more money to spend on treats. Also think we’ll be looking at the maximum compensation. I would obviously much rather we were leaving on time but trying to find the silver lining.
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

What a shame. I hope they let you out for walks etc! At least you might sleep on the flight and the compensation will go a long way towards your next trip.

Have a great time when you there. x
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Gosh that is one heck of a delay!
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We got delayed for 17 hours coming home the last time and got £510 each so not too shabby. It’s only our 2nd time going to Orlando,in all our previous holidays we’ve never experienced delays like this. Luckily the kids are all teens,feel so sorry for people with little kiddies.
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That's pants! What a start to the holiday. Get the No 77 first bus to Braehead. The only thing is you'll have to spend your own money on food there. There's a cinema & the usual shops & restaurants.

The food is Ok in Holiday Inn - they do a nice superfood salad.

Are they needing to do repairs on the aircraft that came in from Orlando this morning? Or is it weather related knock on delay?

Edited at 09:50 AM.
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Disney_time it’s the knock on effect,apparently they’re will be delays till Wednesday. We could actually go home thinking about it but there’s 8 of us and we paid £120 for a mini bus here so we’ll just stay put, I would be too worried that we had more bad luck getting back . We already had a near catastrophe last night when my other half realised his mum had got a new passport since our last visit without telling him and didn’t have a valid esta 😱 It was showing as 72 hours to find out if it was approved but luckily I read on here and knew if we logged in and out,it might show as approved straight away which it did. Hopefully it’s plain sailing from here on in.
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
So sorry to read this, I was aware of the possible delay late last night after reading another Dibbers post on trip planning as they are also affected and were unsure what to do. Is everyone on the flight being kept together in one hotel or are you free to leave the airport and go into Glasgow (at your own cost I would imagine). I am curious as we are on this flight in 4 weeks and have had delays with TC on every trip but only of 2/3 hours.

Hoping you all get away tonight and the day doesn't drag too much.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Tracy,we would be free to go,we were just told that the conference room would be available at 10am. We’re in reception where there is comfier seating,3 of the 4 teens are actually sleeping. We didn’t know anything till we were literally checking in. When we arrived at the airport,our flight wasn’t even displayed on the Where to check in board which caused panic as I thought we had came to the wrong one 😂We had to ask someone where to go and it wasn’t displayed on the board at the T2 area either. Then when we joined the que, a TC person took us to one side to have as he called it “a discussion” where he asked us all the security questions which we’ve never had before at this stage. No mention of the delay till it was our turn to check in. It was the weirdest experience to be looking at everyone standing in line behind us thinking you’re all about to be disappointed just like we were. I wonder if they did it like this to stop people kicking off. Anyhoo,it is what it is. Could be worse and we could be at work 😂
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joelin View Post
I wonder if they did it like this to stop people kicking off.
I wouldn't be surprised.

"THERE'S A WHAT HOUR DELAY?" "Shh!" "oh, woops, was I being loud?"

Make sure you document everything you can though - you'll want that sweet compensation money. I'd be sat there planning what to do with it...

I'm sure you'll have a great time when you get there. We seem to get delayed on the way back on holidays by a couple of hours, which might seem better but staring out the window of MCO at the lovely scenery you'll be leaving soon starts to make one a little melancholy.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Squidgyness,my father in law is sitting working out how much money we would get if we get delayed coming back too! I text my dad to tell him and he messaged back at least we can now do things we were planning to do around the house sooner. It’s a pain but what can you do,no use getting upset over something we have no control over.