Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
How long have you got ?
Not getting what you’ve paid for ,
Misleading offers, unhelpful staff ..
I don't understand how you couldn't get what you pay for. We have booked 4 times in the last 4 years each over 7k and have never had any issues. everything was exactly as we booked.

what went wrong for you exactly surely if you were out of pocket in anyway Atol has you covered.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Just to add you can sometimes get double discounts (or even triple if you can use discounted vouchers).

Our booking this year (although through Thomas Cook) initially had a discount applied when their Signature team pulled the package together, however then the fun starts and the local store can apply their discount and the haggling begins...

Love it
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie 83
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Just got £750 discount on ours by haggling over chat
Melanie 83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie 83 View Post
Just got £750 discount on ours by haggling over chat
Wow, that's impressive. Couldn't get anywhere with chat last week. Tried to get them to price match with BA but no joy
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie 83
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I got quotes from the local travel agents and asked them to price match they said they couldn’t but went down £300 I said that wasn’t enough could they throw in anything for free so they gave me the 5 universal tickets for £800 and the vroom free so I asked them to send the details of that package to me, then I emailed them back and said I had been offered a better price again, they called straight away said they had to talk to management but they knocked it down another £200 I’m really happy with what we got
Melanie 83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
My dog shamu
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Being facetious the best way to get a discount on VH is to book direct yourself - you'll save loads.

However if you want to book via them - still do your DIY research for the same products on the same days and if it is cheaper take that into store and they will usually go some way to meeting it

Also join flying club (but there is a 28 day wait period for this perk) and you get 7% off

Similarly just ask most stores have leeway to give 3-8% in discounts if you book "there and then"

I am another exception to the rule ! I have been doing DIY holidays to Florida and California for over 20 years and never use a TA but this year Virgin came in £1200 cheaper than I could do it on my own for next September.

Definitely join the flying club the 7% off makes a lot of difference. I rang and went through what I wanted and they were great.
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie 83 View Post
I got quotes from the local travel agents and asked them to price match they said they couldn’t but went down £300 I said that wasn’t enough could they throw in anything for free so they gave me the 5 universal tickets for £800 and the vroom free so I asked them to send the details of that package to me, then I emailed them back and said I had been offered a better price again, they called straight away said they had to talk to management but they knocked it down another £200 I’m really happy with what we got
I'll be giving it another go then! Thanks for sharing
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much for all your replies. It’s all booked,managed to get a 7% discount via web chat. In addition through my employers corporate scheme we can get a 4% discount on Virgin gift cards so 11% overall and a saving of around £700.

Happy with that,together with free dining I think a good deal coming in at around £6700 for 3 adults at AKL for Sept 2019.

Now I can start to get excited.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

I tried 2 years ago in store in Ely Sainsburys and she wouldn't budge!
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List