Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I love my dyson V10, the newer ones have a better battery life.

Whatever you get avoid a VAX! They are rubbish in my experience
We researched our cordless purchase a lot! Like a ridiculous amount... and discovered that whilst they have extended the battery life this has reduced suction... so we went for a v6... I love it.. it's great for whizz round our hard floors but I use a kirby (remember those beasts) for the carpets and my general fitness. The only problem is I now have one massive bicep!
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lalabelle View Post
Thank you so much for all your reply. I think it will be a shark then!
Don't choose based on a forum. Most shops have both and you can try them out for yourself.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We were between a shark and a dyson and after trying both we went for the dyson v10 absolute and we love it. We have 2 labs and carpet and hard floors and it does a great job. Great suctions and happy with the battery life.
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well yesterday because of this thread we took my V6 apart as much as we could,got right into it with a dry paintbrush and gave it a right good clean,happy to say it's not pulsing and is almost lifting the carpets off the floor with great suction.It lives to fight another day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Well yesterday because of this thread we took my V6 apart as much as we could,got right into it with a dry paintbrush and gave it a right good clean,happy to say it's not pulsing and is almost lifting the carpets off the floor with great suction.It lives to fight another day.
Great news as I was a bit concerned with some of the comments regarding this. Sounds like an easy fix thankfully.
I was beginning to worry that we had gone for the wrong make, but the V10 was better than the Shark in our view when we tried them. But it was more expensive as well. This seems in line with the reviews. But when comparing with the V8, the Shark seems to win out.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Great news as I was a bit concerned with some of the comments regarding this. Sounds like an easy fix thankfully.
I was beginning to worry that we had gone for the wrong make, but the V10 was better than the Shark in our view when we tried them. But it was more expensive as well. This seems in line with the reviews. But when comparing with the V8, the Shark seems to win out.
I've alway been happy with Dyson to be fair, I'm just glad we decided try and fix it,fingers crossed it lasts for a while now,I hate buying new things when I don't need to.I'm sure your V10 will be good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lalabelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Don't choose based on a forum. Most shops have both and you can try them out for yourself.
I have tried both the dyson and the shark is the store but I still find it difficult to choose as they both feel similar in that false environment. Just really wanted a general opinion
lalabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I'm glad you've fixed it, like I said it's a very common issue with the V8 and below and most seen on the V6.

If you do intend to upgrade and stick with Dyson, give the V10 and V11 a try, I did have the V11 on trial before I left Dyson earlier this year and it was a great machine, be aware though.. the 60 minutes is ONLY if you use an attachment which doesn't require battery to operate so run times will vary.

I feel like I'm trying to sell this product to you even though I no longer work for them!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I have tried both the dyson and the shark is the store but I still find it difficult to choose as they both feel similar in that false environment. Just really wanted a general opinion
The main things that made our decision were the Dyson was lighter and the swivel head was MUCH superior and worked much better. We felt this would really matter when spending time using it.
The Shark has the big advantage that it bends in half and this makes it much easier to get under furniture. And to store if not hanging the Dyson on the wall.
The V10 seemed to pick up better - but it is difficult to really tell.

Bottom line is that both are great so I don't think there is a bad choice.

The big thing is moving from corded to cordless. Anything else is detail. We got to the stage of "just buy one".
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

The Shark with two batteries swung it for us as one battery can be on charge while hoovering with the other, so there is always a charged battery. Plus the battery pack itself can go on charge anywhere, it doesn't have to charge on the hoover so the hoover itself doesn't need to be near a plug socket for the battery to charge, unlike the Dyson. We put the hoover away in our hall cupboard where there is no plug and put the battery on charge elsewhere.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List