Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Disney Early Check-in

I'm just about to put my DVC request in for next year. However, I'm thinking I could save quite a bit of money if I stay in the airport on the night of arrival and then go over to the resort early the next morning.

Would Disney hold my luggage if the room wasn't ready (probably not going to be if I'm checking in at 7am!)? Will they give us our magic bands etc.. so we can go straight to a park? Will all my DDP credits be added prior to the room being ready?

Just doing some maths and to stay at the Polynesian is £312 per night. As we're buying the dining plan, we'd also have to buy that night too at a cost of £179. Considering we pretty much get off the plane and go to sleep, spending an extra £500 vs. staying at the Hyatt in the aiport for £140 seems like it might be a sensible option...

Also, would the Magical Express still take us the next morning, even though we hadn't landed that day?
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I'm just about to put my DVC request in for next year. However, I'm thinking I could save quite a bit of money if I stay in the airport on the night of arrival and then go over to the resort early the next morning.

Would Disney hold my luggage if the room wasn't ready (probably not going to be if I'm checking in at 7am!)? Will they give us our magic bands etc.. so we can go straight to a park? Will all my DDP credits be added prior to the room being ready?

Just doing some maths and to stay at the Polynesian is £312 per night. As we're buying the dining plan, we'd also have to buy that night too at a cost of £179. Considering we pretty much get off the plane and go to sleep, spending an extra £500 vs. staying at the Hyatt in the aiport for £140 seems like it might be a sensible option...

Also, would the Magical Express still take us the next morning, even though we hadn't landed that day?
Fine to checkin early, yes they'll hold luggage and you'll get credits etc once checked in. Don't see why ME would deny you but don't have experience myself on that.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

It would be no problem checking in at 7am and leaving your bags with bell services until later in the day.

I shouldn't think it would be an issue to use ME. They check that your ME booking is consistent with the dates of your hotel booking but I can't see why they would want that to agree to your flight. Although they do ask for flight details.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. That might be a plan then... I’m trying to piece together so many bits of this holiday without knowing actual dates - I just hope it all comes together!

Claudette, yes, it was the asking for flight details bit that threw me. Wasn’t sure if it had to be the same day or something. If not, it’s no bother to hop in a taxi.
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I always stay offsite on arrival night, then arrive at Disney bright and early to collect magic bands, they’ll text your room number when it’s ready so you can go straight to your room when you’re finished at the park.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

There should be no problem with this and you would save a lot. We did something similar on our first night as we were heading straight off on a cruise. For our dates the Hyatt was £250+ so we stayed at a different airport hotel with a free shuttle. As for DME they really wont mind and you have 2 choices, 1 - try to convince they that they don't need your flight number and that they can do this with just an airport arrival time or 2 - give them a flight number of a US flight due to land about an hour before you would want to catch the bus. They don't check which flight and don't mind if you bring your own bags but some of the people you speak to when trying to arrange ME like this get very stressed by the lack of a flight number.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post

Am pondering the same thing.
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

We just stay at All Stars (about £120 a night) on our first night if we don’t have a car, we hop on the ME and the following morning, we let the front desk know we’re transferring to another Disney resort and they move our luggage over for us. We pack a day bag though as luggage tends to turn up about 4pm in the new resort but that’s never been a problem for us as we’re either at the pool or in the parks!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List