Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Jul 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
Not sure exactly when you are there but just had a DiBB update email showing hours have changed from 2nd Aug-16th (when we are in Florida). Extra morning hours for VB have been removed!
Looks like we'll use our day pass later in the holiday when we've got 4 days of no tickets, no point using it when we're staying at Universal now ☹️.
what is going on with universal and their opening times they keep swapping and changing and not for the better.We are staying onsite and wanted to get in early to VB but now it looks as if that wont be possible.
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I'm on the same ship

and let me tell you that, even if I understand things should be understood as "may change without notice", I'm absolutely fuming

I booked CBBR back in september 2018 for next month

We then found out that our APs were blocked out from VB before 4pm until the 18th of august
we said, well, we'll just go after 4pm for a few days, then we'll fully use Early Admission for the rest of our stay after the 18th ... well ... no sir, you won't ...
Early admission were pulled from the scheduled for both parks, then now only one (until they change again)

Basically, they have taken away all the perks of staying onsite at CBBR, for us, except for room charging (yeah we'll sure take advantage of not being able to go to the parks to spend our hard earned money at the stores instead ... sure)

I have emailed (snipped in an earlier post on this thread)

basically, universal's answer is :
-blockout dates : upgrade your AP and pay $250 per person, to gain access to an early entry that's now non-existent
-no perks left at the hotel : upgrade to a deluxe, you'll get express passes ...

Hope they make it right at some point, because the poor Team member that will be unfortunate enough to check me in in a little over 4 weeks, will hear me sing God Save the Queen in multiple languages ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Universal have been awful this time round with the swapping and changing. Totally gutted we've not got early access. One of the Perks of staying in the hotel. Was all ready for my 7.30am entrance to volcano bay. I don't think I need four days of Express passes as staying two separate nights. Was using two of the days for volcano bay. There goes my plans once again. May cancel a hotel?
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Early admission has been changed again and it is back!
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RayVisions
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi just wondering what email you sent your complaint to as I am in the same situation and would like to have a politely annoyed word with them to see if I can get anything resolved

Did you just mention about being mis-sold and being annoyed?

I was also told August is always okay when I upgraded to a Seasonal Pass.
RayVisions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RayVisions View Post
Hi just wondering what email you sent your complaint
I wouled suggest you used the online form on the universal website (contact us)
this will generate a ticket number, and help tracking in case you exchange several emails back and forth with guest services

but, the direct email is GuestServices@universalorlando.com
(actually self explanatory, lol )
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
this will generate a ticket number, and help tracking in case you exchange several emails back and forth with guest services

Did the same as above. Takes a few days for them to reply though. Good luck x
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RayVisions
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

Thanks for this, I went through the online form and aired my grievance.

Hopefully I get someone who is in a good mood and provides some sort of useful resolution!
RayVisions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by RayVisions View Post
Thanks for this, I went through the online form and aired my grievance.

Hopefully I get someone who is in a good mood and provides some sort of useful resolution!
It took me three polite but very annoyed complaints before I was offered 4x1 day passes into VB which I am happy with as we only have 1 day in which we can go.
Don't give up, I repeated each time that I considered I had been mis sold/misled into believing Aug was never included in the block out days.
Fingers crossed 🤞
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
RayVisions
Getting to know the DIBB

I got a reply and they have offered 20% off an upgrade price which I was a little disappointed in.

However, I have just noticed Universal have now lifted the restrictions on the power pass and can enter volcano bay at any time which is great news.

I think I'm going to take the offer, upgrade the two passes for $96+tax total and we can go to volcano bay as much as we want and at any time! Previously it was entry after 4pm on that pass but I'm happy with the lifted restrictions.

universalorlando/web...tes#power-pass