Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 May 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

11.10.2017 - Universal IOA with a Toothsome Twosome

So today was Universal IOA. The plan was to all travel together and split up for the day once we got there. DS and DIL had decided to buy FOTL passes so they could blitz the headline attractions. My sister and BIL wanted to just wander aimlessly, and DH and myself just wanted to do HP tbh

We parked up at 10:17 according to the receipt, which wasn't bad considering we were all still shattered from a long hot day at AK yesterday.

Once inside DH and I headed for Suess Landing

It was 10:30am and already so hot and humid. Struggling already

On round to HP

which wasn't too busy

I still marvel at this castle

We rode of course, but this time I felt really sick after. Unlike Disney there are no water fountains or places to recover after such a ride, so I found myself trying to force my way through the crowded shop and out into the fresh air before I found a bin to lean over.

I wasn't actually sick, but I was very embarrassed all the same - I got a few odd looks

We carried on round the park and soon found ourselves back at the entrance. We decided on an early lunch and a bit of a chill in some air conditioning before going back into the park for round two.

The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium was a new one for us so we made our way there.

Seated upstairs

this quickly arrived

Mushroom flatbread and the Heavenly Hazelnut for me, and Pepperoni flatbread and Chocolate x5 for DH

It was all delicious and came to $58.78.

Feeling much better for the cold aircon, we made our way outside and decided to site on the patio for a while to chill. We figured we would not be asked to move on for the following reasons:

1. We had our 2 empty shake pots so had obviously spent loads of money in the establishment.

2. There was nobody else there so we weren't preventing other people from spending load of money in the establishment!

So I soon found myself nodding off!

Yes sitting in the chair - I didn't lie down on the patio!

I think he did a bit of nodding on the quiet too!

I did love just sitting there for an hour (or maybe 2!). The view is most pleasing!

More photos as we left to go back into the park. It really is an impressive building.

Back in the park we wandered into the Christmas shop, where the obvious just has to be done!

Also we wandered through the large gift shop right at the entrance, where I found 'Arry!

Well OK it was Sirius Black but I bet you can't tell which one is which can you! I HAD to have him for obvious reasons! $34.95 plus tax

Sirius or 'Arry?

It's about 3:30pm by now and on the way out of the shop we receive a message from my sister asking where we were.

They are flagging and asking what time we are leaving!

Well I was up for that, but I knew DS and DIL had planned to purchase FOTL passes which are expensive, so they would want to be making the most of them. I suggested we meet up for a chill, and I know the very spot!

We actually ended up on the same table, and BIL went in to get these

A Key Lime pie for my sister

and a chocolate x5 for BIL

So the rest of the afternoon saw us chilling some more, until a message from DS and DIL around 5pm saying they were ready to leave.

It turned out perfect! It may seem like a waste of a day to some, but I really enjoy just sitting and people watching these days. We have done all the rides before, and just knowing that everyone else had enjoyed the day was enough for me.

DS and DIL turned up and they had actually done everything without having to buy the passes.

They visited the shop inside Toothsomes for a takeaway delight, and we were all piled into the fun bus to go back to the villa at around 6pm.

We had a meal out on the itinerary for tonight, but we all decided to stop at Publix in Berry Town Centre for some BBQ essentials. I had paid extra with the villa rental for a BBQ and we hadn't even used it yet, so BIL volunteered, and $67.71 later he was stood outside the pool screens getting eaten alive by mozzies, trying to BBQ in the dark!

DS and DIL got comfy in their PJ's

and the wine and beer flowed.

Maybe a little too much!

and the food was delicious!

and I can't remember what time I went to bed that night, so I am assuming it was a good night!
Old 1 May 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Lunch looks and sounds lovely but you can't beat a barbecue can you!?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List