Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We did a couple of days there in July/August this year - loved it! So much so that we are going to pop back for a couple of days at the end of next year's holiday.

I've not exactly finished my trippie yet, but I've done a couple of days including Toronto (link in my sig).
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Thanks all! It sounds great so we have decided to go for it! Really looking forward to it now!
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mmorrice
Apprentice Imagineer

We did 4 days in Toronto last month (part of a tour of Ontario) and loved it. Definitely worth the visit and the hop on/hop off buses are a great way to get around and see the various sights. We had a Toronto City Pass ticket too - again worth the money. And if you like shopping, the Eaton Centre is a must!
Old 18 Sep 16, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Toronto is fab, Ive been five times & I love it.
I love Niagara falls, the surrounding areas etc
Shopping .. not cheap but good quality stuff ..Roots Canada is a really nice shop
Lots of different neighbourhoods... cabbagetown, China town etc etc
I really want to go again this year during our Orlando trip but DH is not so keen as its bloomin cold in December ..
Also Poutine -- This stuff is fab chips, gravy & cheese curds its sounds awful but on a freezing day it amazing .. real comfort food

I have an affinity to Toronto as my great grandparents lived there and to me it feels a bit English without the brashness you can sometimes find in the USA
I could happily live in Toronto I like it that much.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
DD has just left Toronto for NY. She has been messaging me with pictures and both she and BF are enamoured with the whole place - so much so, she got engaged! (Eeek). They said that they absolutely loved the place and would go back in a heartbeat. The beginning of the trip was a bit uncertain as they had forgotten that they had booked their hotel via Lowcostholidays and it was only when they started to print out all the paperwork that they found the hotel they had paid for was dead in the water. They have been lucky and got a refund from their bank so the next thing was where to stay. Happy to report that they got an apartment in Ice Boat Terrace via Air BnB and when they face timed us to announce the engagement, they took us around the apartment - stunning views.
Old 22 Sep 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Glad you've decided to go for it. We just arrived back on Friday after 2 weeks in Toronto and had a brilliant time. We have family there, but stayed in a condo on the lake front booked through Flipkey which gave us some time to ourselves. We had been before, 6 years ago and loved it then too. We did the touristy stuff on our last holiday, CN Tower, Niagra Falls, baseball and football etc. There's lots to do and see, although take your warm clothes with you as it could be pretty cold in November. Happy planning.
Old 22 Sep 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread