Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
The Woods Wonderful Holiday to WDW Nov 2010 Pre-Trip

Part 7 – Weekly update -
240 days to go

Hi all, I firstly want to thank everyone who is reading my pre-trip report, I am really enjoying doing it. Its lots of fun, even for those of us that as of yet have had no input. DH has taken over the keyboard temporarily and for this I must apologise, being kicked off again so goodbye from me.

Well that is the input from Nick, so I will start with this week’s update, which I am going to try and do each Sunday. This week as gone very quickly, I have done a few things nothing major, but spent a little, which is always good for us women.

I topped up my FairFX card with £20.00 which I try and do each Monday now, and my balance is growing nicely. I have a total of $238.10, not a lot but I know it will keep growing into a nice little extra sum, without even realising. I recommend this to you all, a little each week, is better than nothing.

I’ve been spending again...ooops.. I doubt we need much more my DH keeps saying, but I keep finding more we want, or should I say what I want. Charlotte had a few things this week, some bargain sunglasses from Primark at just £1.00. A lovely 2 piece swimsuit from next which I thought was so sweet; she just had to have it. Was £8.00 but I couldn’t resist. She also had 2 new pairs of shoes from additions, Timberland sandals and a pair of Crocs.

Max had some Timberland sandals too, but I say they are for the holiday, but they will also get used through the summer as well.
As of 30th Sept, Max has not worn his Sandals, lesson here for the future, buying way in advance make your you get wear out of things, he just fits in them now, but after the holiday no good to us...

DH and DS had a bargain each, some swim shorts from Primark at just £2.50 per pair. We have to keep them happy don’t we. Sorry no images from Primark and I doubt they will want to do a model shoot for us either...

I also had a few things from Primark, mainly shorts and vests, nice and cheap, but hoping I loose some weight, so I may not need them at all. Spent a total of £32.50, on me, yes I had something, even if it was only a small amount. I mentioned the Disney Passporter in my last update. I was going to buy the leather bound one, but guess what I couldn’t wait...lol so I purchased the spiral bound one for just £9.53 off Amazon. They are such a great tool to Disney planning, I highly recommend.

I eventually sent off for my passport. I was suppose to do it a couple of weeks ago, but only just managed it. It was those silly photos that were holding it back. The first set I had done, really did make me look like an escaped convict, and prompted me to get my hair done, due to the amount of grey I could see... The second lot were taken after my hair was done, and guess what I decided to use the 3rd attempt only to blink, and the result was something that looked like one of those dead people. Well I was so annoyed; I screwed the damn thing up as I was walking out of Coop muttering stuff to myself. I did however go back a few hours later, after I had calmed down and took the one from the first attempt. It ended up costing me £12.00 for passport photos.:angry:

As I had mentioned earlier, I had my hair done and a big difference too. I’m still not sure about it though. I have been dark brown for a long time, but all the same it was nice to get it done, hoping I stick with my appointments, and keep it looking nice. It looks different on every photo, so heres two.

Things already sorted
Old Key West Resort
Disney 14 day ultimate tickets
Universal 2 Park Bonus Tickets
Disney Dinning Plan
Flights
Nick’s Passport
My Passport
Nick’s ESTA Application
Hilton (night before travel)
12-digit reservation number

Things still to sort out
Passports
Esta
Holiday Insurance
Magical Express – Mentioned we wanted it during order, not sure if we need to do anything else when the flights are booked.
Train to and from Airport
ADR’s 7th May can start
Prescription and medical letter
Car Hire
Luggage scales and TSA locks

Thanks for taking time to read my Pre-trip report

More to come next week xx

Part 8 here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pink crocs.jpg
Views:	1694
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	21495   Click image for larger version

Name:	white timberlands.jpg
Views:	1688
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	21496   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue timberlands.jpg
Views:	1689
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	21497   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiral passporter.jpg
Views:	1694
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	21498   Click image for larger version

Name:	SV108121.jpg
Views:	1747
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	21499  

Name:	20100303_005.jpg
Views:	1737
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	21500  

Edited at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling..lol
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 10, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
-
Part 8 – Weekly update Spend, spend spend...
233 days to go

Hi everyone, had a lovely week this week, and spent some more £'sand I have got a few things sorted for our up and coming trip. Everyone is starting to get really excited which is nice, seeing as this trip has be on and off many times, throughout the planning.

After having a long winded conversation to the in-laws about the way the exchange rate is at the minute, and the fact that the papers are telling us the rate may drop as low as 1.20, I thought we may as well change the children’s well saved pennies into dollars. We started with Beth’s; she had a healthy £150.90, which resulted in $210. Brandan had £79.60, and made him $115. Charlotte had £59.85 and gave her $85, and finally Max had £36.55 which made him a little $50. We got them new tins to begin again. Well at least now the spends are changed into dollars they can’t spend it.
Whilst we were counting the children’s money tins we were thinking about how much was in ours. Oh heck, let’s open it; we had £276, which bumped up our fairfx card nicely.

Whilst we were changing money in coop this week, we paid a little bit of money off our flights, I feel a little bit better about that, as we seem to have been buying lots of stuff for the holiday but no money had been going towards paying off the three separate balances we owe...

On the passport front, we are getting into a nice pace. Mine arrived safely this week and only took 6 days, another very check service. We decided that as my photos for the passport ended up costing me £12.00, we took the children to Max Spielmen for theirs. They only charge £5.99 for eight, not that we needed eight each... and they guarantee that if they are refused, they will do them free of charge. So I am now feeling happy that all of those are out of the way, I also sent straight off for Beth’s passport. We are now half way done at a cost of £204. Whilst on the conversation of security, I completed my ESTA when my passport came, i can officially visit the USA...

For purchases this week, I haven’t really spent too much. Nick had 2 more pairs of shorts. I got a few toiletries for the hotel the night before the flight, and I got some luggage scales. These were off ebay and were a great price at £2.99.

Things already sorted

Old Key West Resort
Disney Dinning Plan
Flights
Nick’s Passport
My Passport
Beth’s Passport
Nick’s ESTA Application
My ESTA application
Luggage scales

Things still to sort out

Passports
Esta
Holiday Insurance
Magical Express – Mentioned we wanted it during order, not sure if we need to do anything else when the flights are booked.
ADR’s 7th May can start
Car Hire
TSA locks

More to come next week xx

Part 9 here

Edited at 09:57 AM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 10, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Can't believe I've missed your amazing pre-trip. You are so organised and I love your new haircut! Can't wait for next weeks instalment, off to check out m and m direct now!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 10, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Can't believe I've missed your amazing pre-trip. You are so organised and I love your new haircut! Can't wait for next weeks instalment, off to check out m and m direct now!
Hi Joanna, thank you for you lovely comments. M and M are great, I buy alsorts from them xx
Old 14 Mar 10, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

It all seems to be coming along nicely Sarah.

Katie
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 10, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tink3 View Post
It all seems to be coming along nicely Sarah.

Katie
Thank you Katie, i am really enjoying the planning. Not sure what i will do once its all over. ooohhh just remembered, i can start a new one if everyone wants to go again...lol
Old 14 Mar 10, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have reall enjoyed reading your trip report. Can't wait for next installment.
Old 14 Mar 10, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by rachelmuir76 View Post
I have reall enjoyed reading your trip report. Can't wait for next installment.
Thank you Rachel, I could find something to babble on about everyday, but i think you get very bored very quickly...hehehe So glad you are enjoying my weekly ramblings xx
Old 21 Mar 10, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook

Part 9 – Weekly update – It’s all so quiet sshhhh lol -
226 days to go

Hello everyone, well this week’s post is quite small. I have had a quiet week and not really done much planning. It’s not that I have not wanted to, more a fact of nothing to do...ooops I do however make up for the no real planning, i have spent extra time on The Dibb...

I need money; anyone got any spare?... i can get other things done then. Next week should be better.

I had some really good news through the post with is week. I have been invited to a selection interview at De Montfort University to do Adult nursing. I applied for both Adult and Mental Health, but they probably thought the issues i have at home with DH Nick is enough. I did have a little tantrum though, you ask why? Well can i manage it? I have 4 children, and Nick who struggles daily. As i am his full time carer, should i do it? I so want to do something for me...

During my quiet week i have been making lots of lists, apparently, i make more lists when I’m stressed. I have packing lists for all of us including what we will take in our hand luggage, Lists for everything imaginable. I have decided i will take control of all paperwork, tickets, passports, money, and cameras. I am wondering whether to take my laptop with me, so that i can add things to my trip report. I have been looking at a nice good sized bag for my hand luggage, and have found a few that i like. Problem is there are completely different, and in price as well. First is the good old Disney holdall from Argos, at £17.99 it’s a bargain.

The second one is a Radley holdall, not quite as big as the Disney one but what it lacks in size it gains on style... However, the price tag is steep, £120.00

Now because i like the Radley one, DH has requested a good quality one. It’s a fossil one, and i doubt he will ever use it after the holiday, so i am trying to talk him out of it, also the price is extortionate, £180.00. I have said to him that he can have one in Florida. Sorry no pic. So neither of us are having the Radley or the Fossil one, as a little too expensive.

Still on the theme of hand luggage, the little two have asked if they can have a Trunki, to which they are been purchased by their Nana. Charlotte has chosen the Ladybird one, and Max has chosen the Gruffalo. Not sure if they are a little too old for these but Nana has promised them.

One thing that got me really cross this week. We are sort of Alton Towers fans in our household, and having littles ones we need buggies. Well off I trot into the garage, to see if the rain cover was with Max's buggy, as we all know British weather requires one. I was not prepared for what was coming, OMG the buggy was furry with mould, every inch was covered. This really upset me as it was not a cheap buggy (Maclaren Techno XT) After advice on here about what to clean it with, i set out the next day. Nope its working, i gave up and rang my friend, who for £30 sold me her Quinny Zapp. Note... don't leave right by the garage door this time.

Things already sorted
Old Key West Resort
Disney Dinning Plan
Flights
Nick’s Passport
My Passport
Beth’s Passport
Nick’s ESTA Application
My ESTA application
Luggage scales

Things still to sort out
Brandan’s Passport
Charlotte’s Passport
Max’s Passport
Esta for the children
Holiday Insurance
ADR’s 7th May can start
Car Hire
TSA locks

Until next week xx

Part 10 here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	30-2864512SPA73UC617724M.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	21841   Click image for larger version

Name:	089010267933.jpg
Views:	1543
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	21842   Click image for larger version

Name:	230654504.jpg
Views:	1555
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	21843   Click image for larger version

Name:	ladybird trunki.jpg
Views:	1539
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	21844  

Edited at 10:01 AM.
Old 21 Mar 10, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Hi Sarah

I hope the interview goes well for the nursing degree. As for the bag, I am a hugh Radley fan. They may be expensive but the quaility is great.

Katie

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread