Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Best character breakfasts

Hi all,
Please could you tell me which were your favourite character breakfasts. We are staying off site but would like to book a couple of reservations. Fussy children so think breakfast may be a better time.
We’d ideally like one meal where we meet Mickey and co. and another where we meet princesses.
Keep reading on here about Bon Voyage with Ariel, but can’t find it on the Disney dining site-what should I be searching for?
TIA
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
For Mickey I would always go tuskers in animal kingdom for me it was much better for food and interaction then cafe Mickey. Can’t really help with princesses as I’ve got all boys but we all loved the breakfast at o hanas in the Polynesian you get lilo and stitch and I think Donald and Pluto, and they serve the food family style at the table.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Tusker House is fab
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

We love Chef Mickey for meeting Mickey & co and really good variety of food there too.

Bon Voyage is just the name for it, like Chef Mickeys is actually called something like “mickeys fun time buffet”

You just need to book breakfast at Trattoria al forno At the Bordwalk and that is bon voyage.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m not a massive fan of enormous breakfasts as I’m not interested in that much food first thing but over the years I have done them all but Tusker House so can comment. For food my favourite is 1900 Park Fare. Also my favourite characters but not the ones you want. Second food favourite is Cape May Cafe. For Mickey and co I’d suggest Chef Mickeys and for Princesses Cinderella’s Royal Table. I can’t stand Akershus for any meal. It’s shoulder to shoulder chaos and noise.
Old 24 Jan 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

For Chef Mickey you pay more than Tusker House or Garden Grill which are both way superior in terms of food and interaction. Chef Mickey is noisy and chaotic and I don’t rate the character interaction. Food is not great either.

Tusker House Have lovely food and good character interaction. You see Mickey, Donald Goofy and Daisy

Another great alternative is garden Grill at Epcot. Breakfast served family style at your table, but still all you care to eat. You get fruit and the most amazing warm sticky bun followed by a skillet with bacon eggs sausage tater tots and Mickey waffles. They will bring more of anything you request. Characters are Mickey Pluto chip and dale

Cape May is probably my favourite breakfast on property. Buffet, but lovely choices...amazing smoked salmon! Characters are Minnie Goofy and Donald
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

We did lots of character meals when we went last year.
Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno was very good. Food is brought to your table rather than a buffet. The interactions were good; Ariel & prince Eric, Rapunzel & Flynn Ryder. Definitely a good choice. We also went to CRT, this is difficult to get an ADR for though and is extremely expensive. However it's the only way to get inside the castle. The food was good, princesses galore - ariel, aurora, snow white, jasmine and a meet and greet with Cinderella downstairs. Chef Mickey's was ok but too much like a canteen to feel special. The tables are quite crowded so character interactions felt rushed and impersonal. We wouldn't book this one again. We had lunch at Tusker House and loved it, food was great, interactions were very good. It's a large restaurant but is divided into sections so didnt feel too massive and the characters were all really good fun. We had dinner at Garden Grill and enjoyed it. Pluto was brilliant. Good luck with your bookings, you'll have a wonderful time whichever you choose.

Edited at 12:27 AM.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
For me chef mickeys would win hands down every time. I love it there, we make it our first morning breakfast it's a bit of a tradition now haha
I've also done tusker house but for me the food wasn't great a lot of different types of food do some adventurous waters but for us we prefer the more traditional things. I also felt rushed and sort of like being in a canteen so for me I won't be going back.
We've also done Crystal Palace but that's Winnie the Pooh and friends again similar to chef mickeys food wise so it gets a vote from me plus it's in the park which is always handy for a speedy start to the day x

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Tuskers has the normal breakfast offering but also has African inspired food so it’s a good mix and you can try something different. I guess it’s down to personal choice and also people’s experience but for us tuskers was better for quality of food and character interaction, I’m not sure I’d ever do chef Mickey again after the two times we have done it but other love it.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

We’re only doing one character meal this year and are sticking to chef Mickey. It’s just a standard American breakfast buffet but my boys love the atmosphere and the character set.