Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 09, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Vegas help

We are considering going to Vegas next May can any one tell me if it would be ok to stay off strip a ten min walk from the Tuscany suites which we are looking at. Also what is the weather like that time of year end of May.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 09, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
We are considering going to Vegas next May can any one tell me if it would be ok to stay off strip a ten min walk from the Tuscany suites which we are looking at. Also what is the weather like that time of year end of May.
Hi Jo, I'm going back to Vegas in April for my 8th trip (in 7 years)

I've never stayed off strip so can't really comment on the Tuscany suites. Is there any particular reason why you'd chose to stay off Strip? When I've priced up places to stay in Vegas I haven't found a great deal of difference in prices.

I've also never gone in May but have gone March, April and June. For me April is the better month only because it's a more pleasant climate so I expect May to be nice too but warm, so walking for 10 mins may be a little too strenuous.

There are plenty of seasoned Vegas people here on the dibb so I expect someone will be able to help you more with staying off strip.
Old 31 Jul 09, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
I presume this is the Tuscany Suites just after the turn off for Koval Lane on East Flamingo? If so, I stayed almost parallel on East Tropicana at the Motel 6 in 2006, and it is as you say an easy 10-15minute walk to the strip even in heat. If you are walking down Flamingo, you will come out next to Bally's which is pretty central.

I've only ever stayed off strip once (see above) and that was only because Saturday rates had rocketed for that particular night. I would be interested to hear your reasons for choosing off strip? Not everybody likes the full on Vegas experience so if that is the case then fine, but I still think you would be better off with a property on the strip.

I put in some dummy dates for the Tuscany end of May and I must admit prices are pretty good and you also get some good perks as well. If you are up for Vegas but don't want full on I can fully understand why you have selected this property (and ranked #44 on Tripadvisor as well).

As for end of May weather. Only been once at that time in 2002 and it was very warm, touching 100f most days, clear blue skies but certainly not as hot as August. I think it will be a good time to visit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 09, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bowcutt
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in May and the temps reached 114f. Everywhere is airconditioned and its a very dry heat - not like Florida, which can be very humid - so its not really that uncomfortable.
bowcutt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 09, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bowcutt View Post
We went in May and the temps reached 114f. Everywhere is airconditioned and its a very dry heat - not like Florida, which can be very humid - so its not really that uncomfortable.
Spot on. Even though I mentioned August was very hot, I didn't find it half as uncomfortable as what people were making out it would be last year. Some people were saying stay by the pool until 7pm and don't walk anywhere until after that especially on the strip, but we did and as long as you suncream up and take in lots of water there is nothing to fear.
If you are in Vegas for a tan, stay by the pool. If you want to explore in the summer months you will spend most of your time in and out of hotels anyway. It's very easy to find a happy medium to do both in Vegas if you ask me.

July/August are also very good times for hotel deals primarily because people think it is too hot. Unfortunately from a UK perspective this is also when flight prices are high, so I think the OP is making a sensible decision to head over at the end of May.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

I am considering staying off strip as you said above we are going for a week, and I think i may find it a bit much. Obviously the reviews are good and the price is better.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread