Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Las vegas!

Hello
It is our first ever trip to Las Vegas this year! We are staying in the Excalibur hotel on th strip for four nights (befor flying out to stay in a villa in Orlando! ) As it is our first time we were wondering what we definatly need to do? And if there is anything that we should avoid?
Thank you!
Mollie x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Do all the free stuff like the Volcano, Pirates of T.I, and especially the Bellagio fountains they are amazing. Just go in to the hotels and look around. The Venetian, Ceaser's Palace & Forum shops, Paris, well nearly all of them to be honest, are beautiful. And if you didn't like any of that, it didn't cost anything so no worries
If you like thrill rides try Insanity on top of the Stratosphere. It's truly scary.
Make sure you visit Downtown Las Vegas, it's intimate after the vastness of the Strip and very cool. They are quicker at serving free drinks too while you're gambling
And visit a buffet or too! The Wynn & Bellagio are great.

I can't say anything to avoid, the only thing I didn't like was there is so much dust in the air (hey, LV is in the middle of the desert) and I was forever rubbing my eyes & washing my face but maybe I'm a bit sensitive?

You'll have a great time I'm sure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
HI,

As above, but you must also visit the Grand Canyon - it is absolutely stunning. Also a visit to the Hoover Dam is highly recommended.

We also had a strip tour by limo - was fab, good value and highly recommended.

DS and DH did all three rides on the top of the Stratosphere, I'm too chicken.

And, of course, you MUST see an Elvis impersonator.

HTH
Anne
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
OMG just thinking about the rides at the top of the stratosphere stare me to death

They are nothing in comparison to ANY in Florida - they are out of this world... literally !

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post
OMG just thinking about the rides at the top of the stratosphere stare me to death

They are nothing in comparison to ANY in Florida - they are out of this world... literally !

I know! I can do all the big rides in Florida (except Gwazi and Mission Space - Intensive), but couldn't even consider any of these 3. The only one I could potentially do would be the Big Shot.

I was feeling ill just watching X-Scream coming over the roof of the viewing area inside.

DS, age 13 LOVED them all, DH wasn't as keen, but still did them

Anne
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread