Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Feb 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

ADR date - split stay(ish) - Trying to work out my +10 days date

Disney hive mind...I need your help.

So we've got AKL booked for two weeks from Tuesday 11st August. So our ADR date would be Thursday 13th Feb.

However, we've booked a night at BLT the day before so we will be arriving at Disney on Monday 10th August - which means I can book an ADR for that day on Wednesday 12th Feb.

So my question is:

As my ADR opening date is 12th, will I be able to book +10 days on that date, or will it only let me book for Monday 10th at BLT as that is our one night stay?

In that case, do you think I'll be able to book for the 10th August next Wednesday and then book for the rest of the holiday 11th August +10 the next day (Thursday)?

Has anyone done something similar? What do you think?
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I think FP booking windows are connected when there are consecutive stays, but not sure about ADR booking windows. Worst case scenario, you book the following day though, I would just wait and see what happens.

You would not be able to book for the entirety of your two week holiday at any time, you will only be able to book ten days together and thereafter you can book a day at a time.

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. I’m working from home on the Thursday so it would be less stress to book that day. However, we do have some popular restaurants to book so sooner the better on those.

I guess I’ll just take my list to work with me and see what opens up on Wednesday.
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

You can book 10 days from that date.

We did this last year... BLT first night and then 13 nights at POFQ. If both reservations are on MDE then it is the earlier date.
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
Thank you. I’m working from home on the Thursday so it would be less stress to book that day. However, we do have some popular restaurants to book so sooner the better on those.

I guess I’ll just take my list to work with me and see what opens up on Wednesday.
Don’t stress about booking ADRs, reading the dibb can make it feel more difficult than it really is. The reality is you will have no problems. The only one I would be remotely concerned about would be California Grill brunch if I wanted it on my first or second day. If you want that, book it in a break when you are at work and leave the rest until you get home, a few hours won’t make any difference.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
You can book 10 days from that date.

We did this last year... BLT first night and then 13 nights at POFQ. If both reservations are on MDE then it is the earlier date.
Yes they’re both linked to MDE. It’s good to know for definite, thank you.
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Don’t stress about booking ADRs, reading the dibb can make it feel more difficult than it really is. The reality is you will have no problems. The only one I would be remotely concerned about would be California Grill brunch if I wanted it on my first or second day. If you want that, book it in a break when you are at work and leave the rest until you get home, a few hours won’t make any difference.
Ha ha, yeah it is easy to get hyped up about these things. We want California Grill for dinner on our first evening and then the brunch that Sunday. I’ll just book those first.
Old 8 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’m in a similar boat. I have 1 night booked, then 15 nights with ddp, then a 5 night stay. My first night is 7th August so I will find out tomorrow what opens up and report back if it’s 2 days or 10! I’m very interested to read the FP window appears to open the whole stay, that would be good news.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

Mobile

So in terms of feedback, only my first and second days opened up today. I can see on the website that my whole stay is highlighted but it’s only opened the days related to my first night booking. I also couldn’t book the adr on the website along with the issues many others are having despite trying all the tricks but that’s another saga 😂
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mycaseispacked View Post
So in terms of feedback, only my first and second days opened up today. I can see on the website that my whole stay is highlighted but it’s only opened the days related to my first night booking. I also couldn’t book the adr on the website along with the issues many others are having despite trying all the tricks but that’s another saga 😂
Great, thanks for the heads up. 👍🏻 Did you book in the app in the end?