Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 7 Apr 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Sonique in Birmingham,
They have hundreds really nice shop, you need an appointment but it’s a lovely experience.

Expect a £500 bill! But it’s only once in a lifetime

We are 2 hours away and made a day of it with lunch etc. 2 nannas and a aunt !
Is that normal for prom dresses nowadays ?
(I don’t do posh)

Edited at 07:20 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
(I don’t do posh)
It’s possible to spend £500 but not necessary. Dresses are available for all prices.

My dd has her prom in June and for some reason it’s only just been announced so we haven’t been shopping yet but I won’t w spending anything like that.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

These aren’t specific prom websites but theres lots of evening dress choices on Asos, there’s quite a lot to look through but definitely some lovely options! I also think there’s some good maxi dress options on Zara at the moment. Good luck finding one ☺️

Edited at 07:30 AM.
hopex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Depending on where you live take a look at Red Carpet Ready. They are an amazing shop in Lincoln which is set in a huge house. They have a sale room too with dresses starting at £80. They don't do online though. 😒 we are planning to make a weekend of it with DD next year.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I like Little Mistress for occassion dresses, they have a specific prom section on the website and lots of different styles and colours.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Dd spent £70 on hers from Jjs House online, took 5 weeks to arrive as they are made on order.,( though a few are available in limited size and colour in less than a week) She chose a long, sleek, elegant high neck.

Wore it with a bling belt to prom, with a fitted jacket to the school's prize-giving dinner and with a cardi for the prefects' dinner.

She's just asked me to check it over for a formal at uni.

She is not a "dressy" girl so begrudged the money, even when we've pointed out afterwards how much she has actually worn it.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiz
Getting to know the DIBB

Check out silkfred, they are an online shop - lovely dresses and always had great customer service from them 😀
Tiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the extra places to look at. We live in Kent and to be honest with all the revision going on for A levels are going to have to either stick with local or online. Really wish we had looked earlier, but of course two years ago at this time I was very relieved I hadn’t shelled out for a prom dress when the Y11 prom was cancelled! DS was a lot easier with a quick trip to a suit shop a couple of weeks before hand and sorted!
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
(I don’t do posh)
It seems so from talking to other parents !
It’s the second most expensive item of clothing in my house currently 😂 after my wedding dress.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

My daughters was just under £400. It's still in the bag upstairs as has never been worn due to her prom being in 2020 🙄 x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List