Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Interestingly I’m reading in the New York Times, that an order has been issued by the government for the airlines to turn over contact details of passengers from flights from South Africa.
It’s apparent that the CDC then does the contact tracing, testing etc.
This tells me that as a matter of course, the CDC do not have access to the attestation form and other details or even passenger details from planes.
That being the case, how the heck would they ever be able to do a general test and trace, enforcing quarantine etc of everyone coming in?
Basically you will be contacted by them with info taken via the airlines if someone on your plane gets symptoms/tests positive.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by G82 View Post
Fauci is doing a press conference. I didn't catch much of it but by chance there was a question on travel and he said that we will be changing testing requirements to within 1 day (he didn't mention any other restrictions). He actually said within 24 hours of travel but I assume this will remain the previous day of departure.

Oh ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ great. This may affect me tomorrow if they change it tomorrow. I hope it doesn't apply from tomorrow.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

We have our first case in the US. Just announced
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Oh ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ great. This may affect me tomorrow if they change it tomorrow. I hope it doesn't apply from tomorrow.
I’m sure they’d have to give a bit of notice
You’ll be fine 🤞
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’m sure they’d have to give a bit of notice
You’ll be fine 🤞
X
Fauci, no! I have packed and done my nails!
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
We have our first case in the US. Just announced
And we all know you have a ton of cases, hundreds of flights from Southern Africa have come in over the last few weeks, and it looks like it’s been around since October.
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve just changed our LFT to the day before travel (pre-empting possible changes). All this uncertainty is too stressful.
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Interestingly I’m reading in the New York Times, that an order has been issued by the government for the airlines to turn over contact details of passengers from flights from South Africa.
It’s apparent that the CDC then does the contact tracing, testing etc.
This tells me that as a matter of course, the CDC do not have access to the attestation form and other details or even passenger details from planes.
That being the case, how the heck would they ever be able to do a general test and trace, enforcing quarantine etc of everyone coming in?
The CDC can get their hands on any attestation form they want. Just because they opted not to so far (I guess) doesn’t mean they couldn’t or wouldn’t. And it appears that they now will.

Maybe they’re planning a certain percentage of spot checks?

All speculation until tomorrow I guess.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

And we all know you have a ton of cases, hundreds of flights from Southern Africa have come in over the last few weeks, and it looks like it’s been around since October.
She meant first confirmed case. We all know there’s a lot more than that here. There’s no way there couldn’t be.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I know what you mean - we fly Friday had my test yesterday 😩
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List