Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Timings through Gatwick

Afternoon Lovely Dibbers

Am just after some advice, or what you would do with regards to timings through Gatwick.

We are staying in the premier inn the night before and plan to do Twilight check in to get rid of the check in bags.
We are travelling PE so should get fast track security. Our flight is at 10:05.

I have booked in breakfast at the premier inn, but am just wondering what time we should aim to be at security for. I know normally its 3 hours, but would you say it is less than that if you have already done check in?

Am now panicking that i should cancel the premier inn breakfast and have something air side

What timings do you think, or if anyone has done this time flight, how did you find it?

Thanks, An over thinker
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m always a believer in eating airside, can always rush your brekkie, not the security guys.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

My DH flew on the 10:05am flight in September (I ad gone a couple of days early). He did twilight check in, stayed at the Premier Inn and definitely had his breakfast there before heading over. He was in economy so no expedited security either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

The usual advice for 3 hours before the flight includes for checking in baggage.. Assuming you are at PI North Terminal, i would want to be hitting security 2 hours prior to departure, to allow for getting through, browsing duty free, and the 15 mile walk to the gate :-)

Have brekkie over by 8? allows good time to my mind.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Depends how laid back you I guess.

I personally would agree with the 2nd post in this thread but the others aren't wrong - its just we like to be through security asap.
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Better to be 3 hours early than 3 mins late
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Better to be 3 hours early than 3 mins late
Every time! Chill out Air side is much better than the alternative!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

im flying out on the 10.10 plane and plan to have breakfast at the PI first then head over. Will be dropping my bag off in the morning so plan to be at the check in desk at 8am.
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

If your checked in, 2hrs is more then enough time to get through security at Gatwick, so if you can eat your PI brekkie at like 7 I’d stick to that, the choice airside at Gatwick is a little limited, and will probably be busy that time in the morning! I wouldn’t leave any less then 2 hours, because they call your gate somewhere between an hour and 45 mins before the flight time and you want to allow enough time for delays in security (last time I went though they were very efficient though)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Considering you would be checked in and luggage will already been dropped off, I think you will be fine to have your breakfast as planned, obviously if you hear of any issues at the airport prior to your trip you’d make sure you were extra early anyway but I’d prob rock up two hours early if I’d done twilight bag drop & checked in.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List