Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jun 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Anyone had a pick-up truck with Alamo?

Hi
Hoping to see some pick up trucks in the garage at MCO to complete my list of American classics. Might need to upgrade from a premium but both the mid size & full size trucks on Alamo.com say only 4 passengers which wouldn't be much use.
Has anyone rented a truck from Alamo and did it have seating for 5?
TIA
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

There were a few Chevy Silverados in the line at MCO in early May. According to Chevvy website they hold five. But bear in mind your cases will be out in the open as there's no cover at all.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
There were a few Chevy Silverados in the line at MCO in early May. According to Chevvy website they hold five. But bear in mind your cases will be out in the open as there's no cover at all.
Hi
Only two of us for the airport run but need 5 seats later for a few days. Both the trucks on Alamo show only 4 seat but the manufacturers web sites show 5. Was hoping some DIBBer might have had one and could confirm. As DW is not that keen I didn't want to go to the trouble of trying for a upgrade only to find there's only seating for 4, that would really put the cat among the pigeons :angry:
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not sure if this answers your question but we have an Isuzu pickup here and that seats 5 people, so I cant imagine that the bigger American pickups don't.
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

There were double cab pick ups in the Full Size line up at MCO in April.

I didn't want one myself but in the interest of future Dibb enquiries I checked whether it would be ok to take one and it was.

Never thought to look how many seats there were but I'm pretty sure there was a bench seat in back for 3.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bovril View Post
I'm not sure if this answers your question but we have an Isuzu pickup here and that seats 5 people, so I cant imagine that the bigger American pickups don't.
Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
There were double cab pick ups in the Full Size line up at MCO in April.

I didn't want one myself but in the interest of future Dibb enquiries I checked whether it would be ok to take one and it was.

Never thought to look how many seats there were but I'm pretty sure there was a bench seat in back for 3.
Thank you
Was surprised that the Alamo web site said for only 4 and wonder if perhaps there was only seat belts for 4. Not long to find out ( if DW isn't to tired to wait while I negotiate)
Alex
Old 9 Jun 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I had the option to take a Ford F-150 think it was in May but choose the explore as it was more luxury than the pickup. I loved the idea of the pick up but as stated above it was just a bench seat which didn't look very comfy for those in the back. Then when I got on the road the F150 looked small compared to the Silverado and other bigger Ford pickups. Due to it being a bench I thought it would have been 3 seat belts in rear but I could be wrong.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
I had the option to take a Ford F-150 think it was in May but choose the explore as it was more luxury than the pickup. I loved the idea of the pick up but as stated above it was just a bench seat which didn't look very comfy for those in the back. Then when I got on the road the F150 looked small compared to the Silverado and other bigger Ford pickups. Due to it being a bench I thought it would have been 3 seat belts in rear but I could be wrong.
Thank you
Only two of us for 10 days then might need the extra seats for a few days but DNiL has full size for those days so shouldn't be a problem! He'll be doing all driving Have a premium booked for remainder of the month.
Alex