Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jul 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Help!not long to sort myself out

Hi all... I need help please!

Usually a super organised person but it all went pear shaped with a family illness. Now have got little time left to sort a plan we leave 18th aug...

Family of 4 kids aged 15 and 11

Basic plan was:
Staying at universal hotel 3 nights. Gives us chance to do 2 main parks in 2 days whilst full of energy and up with the larks... So use the busy day guide to pick the order of which park on which day yes? And please remind me does front of the line mean for all rides? Do you book the hogwarts express? How is best to decide what order to do rides in assuming we want to do all the big rides / attractions?

Is there anything else I need to do for universal up front?

Then a day at universal water park and move to a hotel on international drive.

Then 7 days for Disney /Ksc / Disney water parks... This is where planning confusion goes into overdrive. Have 14 day passes with fast pass plus. I had thought a day each for mk , Epcot, ak, Ksc, a Disney waterpark and a day doing nothing... Does that sound ok?

Once that's agreed I should again then use the busy day guide to put this list into some sort of order.? Then again how on earth do you decide what order to do rides in and pick fast passes for? And I have to do the Fp booking soon don't I?

Finally not too bothered about the meal side but maybe would like to do one evening meal somewhere special on a park. Is this too late too but if not then which is best for girls aged above

I don't even know if this should be in itinerary or park and rides section ... but if you've read this far then thanks so much and your help is very welcome!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Regarding universal, as you are staying onsite, I would find out which park is opening early and go to that one first. Otherwise I don’t think there is going to be a lot of difference in terms of one park being busier than the other.

If you want to go on Hogwarts Express you will need park to park tickets in which case you would probably visit both parks on both days. I don’t think we have ever stayed in one park for the whole day. You don’t prebook Hogwarts Express. The FOLP used to exclude the two big HP rides, but I believe that changed this year and there is FOLP there too. I have never found the need to plan wharvorder to do rides in at Uniceversal, we jus wander around and go on whatever we fancy.

For Disney, yes I think you would want to visit each park at least once, you haven’t mentioned Hollywood Studios though? I would also book FP for the day you are thinking of a waterpark, for example AK is very close to Blizzard Beach, so we would book FP for there for later afternoon. I would book some for your planned day off as well just in case. When booking FPs, I would think about what land they are in at MK to avoid crisscrossing the park unnecessarily.

I have never taken too much notice of busy day guides. If I was an offsite visitor I would probably lay avoid the extra hours parks for the day though.

Happy planning.

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Exactly as Claudette advised, don't worry about Universal as you have express pass, and it does cover HP rides now. Do book FPP for everyday you might be able to visit WDW. As you are offsite you can book them 30 days in advance, unless you are lucky you won't get the headliners, so I would plan to arrive at least an hour before park opening at AK & HS, on a non Extra magic hours morning. AK usually opens at 8am, so I would arrive at 6:30am, ride Flights of Passage and Navi River, then hit the waterpark for 10am. For your first 2 days in WDW I would do AK & HS, while getting up early is easier than it will be at the end of the holiday.
Old 4 Jul 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok ... So for universal no panic and the cross parks tickets and front of the line should mean we fit it all in in whatever order we like really but just mind end up crossing parks due to hog warts express. Nothing to book or do... Fabulous. Thanks

So for Disney ak and hs are the busiest parks now. Ok good to know. So really I need a list ofa favourite rides for each park and attempt to block book them by day and as you say on non disney days too...

Do I need to think about fireworks and parades or are they the same each day?

Are the extra magic hours and park opening hours fixed now ie I can plan around them?

Thanks again...
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You go the same day we do! We are first timers so not much help but just checking what hotel at universal you are staying at as it's only hard rock, portofino and royal Pacific that give the express pass.
Crowdpleaser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

MK is also very busy, and I'd try and do one early start there too, it's just that Flights of Passage is a hard FPP to get at 60 days let alone 30. After you have booked your FPP's and not obtained everything you want, do try to amend them as often as you can, including when you are actually in the park. I've just had a quick look at Touring Plans and it's expects all parks to show their nightime entertainment everyday while you're there.