Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Following along for GF option in QS for next year. Hope you’re having a great holiday so far

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We leave Cabana Bay and move to Disneyworld today!
Old 7 Aug 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

oh love cabana bay,looking forward to the disney bit also x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

First day at Disney we had RFC for lunch at Disney Springs. This was OOP as we’re on the QSDP but we had a Landry’s card as we anticipated a trip or two.

The chef came out for DD1 and crossed off the kids menu items she couldn’t have, he only removed three items. The rest could be substited (I think the removed items were all pre-packed frozen things turkey twizzler style). DD1 had pizza (again) she said it was fantastic and much better than the Cabana Bay ones.

DD2 had kids hot dogs. She didn’t eat the sausages (too sausagey) but enjoyed the bread!

Me and DH had the Rainforest Burger. It was fab, exactly as we remembered and cooked exactly as we had asked.

The bill was around $50 but we had $25 removed from the Landry card aswell.

Dessert for DD1 was as Erin McKenna’s free from bakery. A haven for those with allergies or dietary requirements as zero chance of cross contamination as they don’t use anything (or at least almost anything) people could be allergic or intolerant to.

DD1 chose a whoopie Pie. This was ok. A brownie sponge is probably the easiest free from thing to make and the DD1 was intending on getting a donut but in real life they looked terrible and she was put off.

DD2 had a Mickey Premium Bar. Excellent as always!

Old 8 Aug 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Tea was at MK Columbia Harbour House. Allergy eating was easy. We asked for the menu on the way in and when we ordered at the till we got a pager as obvs it’s cooked to order. Mine and DH was in the same order to arrived at the same time. DD2 had her fries as a snack credit so they came out straight away as it was a separate order.

DD1 had gf chicken nuggets and said they were fab. We all had one (they were small but there was loads) and they were really nice, very crunchy. They originally were passed to DH on a different tray to the rest of the food to keep cross contamination at bay but DH transferred it (carefully!) over so he could carry it to us as we were all sat upstairs.

DH had chicken nuggets and I had tuna sandwich. My crisps were a little past their best but ok.

Edited at 12:10 AM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Lunch today was at Be Our Guest. Again allergy eating was easy. The touch screen had an allergy section where you tapped what you couldn’t have. From memory (apologies I didn’t get a photo as we were starving and trying to be quick) she could eat the majority of the menu as it was all substituted where necessary.

DD1 had gluten free ham and cheese. She didn’t eat anything bar fries but the bread was really soggy so a bit of a fail but she ate plenty and didn’t go hungry. This was brought out to us on its own so no cross contamination.

The rest of us shared the turkey sandwich (lovely but needed more mustard), beef sandwich, DH loved this and the ham and cheese which was better than the gf one!

Old 9 Aug 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great choices!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Tea was at Port Orleans Riverside Mill.

DD1 had a kids pizza which came with a drink and two sides.
Not great tbh. I despise it when flatbread is sold as pizza becuse it just isn’t. She didn’t eat much but that’s usual.

DD1 had gluten free pizza. She said this was the best one so far. I tasted and felt the base was a little gritty but I didn’t taste any of the others she’s had so can’t compare directly. She ate 80% of this anyway.

DH got us two burgers. A double cheese burger with bacon and a Bayou burger which had shredded beef inside. Both were lovely and really meaty.

For the three adult meals we subbed the drink for a dessert

Tiana Cupcake, DD2 demolished this vanilla cupcake but left most of the icing

DH had the magic cookie bar (I think that’s what it was called). I had a taste and wasn’t a fan but I don’t like US chocolate and there was loads of chocolate chips in it so that may have been why

This carrot cake was amazing!

DD2 had cotton candy as a snack credit

ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Lunch was at Seasons in The Land today.

DD2 had a kids meal. Pasta (without sauce or meatballs) and apple slices with a cookie and chocolate milk. She ate most of this but she does love pasta (plain!)

DD2 didn’t find anything she wanted us to enquire about a gluten free substitute for so had a selection of snacks

***EDITED***

These Rice Krispies were not gluten free. DH checked the packaging and as nothing was in bold he wrongly assumed it was fine. I checked another box today and they have malt flavouring in them. Kellogg’s are terrible for this but we wrongly (again!) thought the US version was safe as it wasn’t in bold. DD felt a little odd after eating but not overly so.

DH and myself both had sweet and sour chicken. This was lovely. I’m not usually a fan of sweet and sour but also couldn’t be bothered queuing again for a different dish after sorting the kids out! I was pleasantly surprised how spicy it was with the sweetness been mainly the pineapple

Water for me and milk for him

Edited at 12:14 AM.
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Tea was at Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks this evening

The process at this QS is order and take a number then it’s brought out to you in the dining hall.

DD1 had gluten free hamburger. Again this was very easy to sort, the allergy menus are behind the till. She really liked this and said the bread roll was decent. It was brought out separately as is the norm at Disney.

DD2 had chicken and waffles. Her dad had the chicken but she devoured the waffles.

I had western chicken. This was lovely.

DH had chicken sandwich and really enjoyed it.

Desserts were...

DD1 really liked the gluten free cookie. It wasn’t overly crumbly as many are.

Edited at 12:16 AM.