Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
:) **Smiley Kylie Goes Solo Nov 2017- Day 12- My Last Full Day!**

>>> INDEX HERE

Sunday 12th November

This morning I was awake at 10am, 7 hours sleep not bad! I had woken a few times during the night confused as to where I was, being in a different bed had thrown me! Considering I’d been at Magic Kingdom until 2am I didn’t feel too bad, I was expecting to be rolling out of bed and hobbling along like an old woman. I spent the next couple of hours just chilling, writing up yesterday’s notes and watching friends. For breakfast was another healthy Mickey treat which I obviously enjoyed. Today’s plan was to visit Animal Kingdom and then Epcot in the evening. I felt like I hadn’t quite done what I wanted in these parks and considering I was going home tomorrow, today was my only chance. Surprisingly I felt ok about going home. Don’t get me wrong I’d enjoyed the holiday and meeting new friends but I did miss home and couldn’t wait to get back to normality, see Stanly and other familiar faces. However I was still going to make the most of the time I had left here
Stacey had been home a few days now and had sent a photo of her shopping haul to the group chat, she’d got a good bunch of stuff and I noticed we’d bought quite a few of the same items too, great minds! She’d also sent a photo of the rain outside her flat which made me appreciate still being here! Vicki and Julie-Ann had booked a night at the Grand Floridian Resort and had arrived there this morning, I was so jealous! They’d sent pics of their room to the chat and it honestly looked amazing and so luxurious! I would love to stay there one day! Anyway, I was ready, covered in repellant and leaving my room at 11:50am wearing my new rose gold ears.

The weather wasn’t looking great today. Dark clouds filled the sky and it looked like rain was due any minute. I didn’t wait long for the bus this morning luckily and was in Animal Kingdom by 12:20pm. The best thing about arriving at this time was that there were no queues for bag check or the main entrance, it felt nice to be going in at a relaxed pace rather than my usual hot and stressy self!

I grabbed myself a map and a time schedule on the way in. I’ve been to this park many times but I still lose all sense of direction when here and end up in the wrong place. I wanted to see Finding Nemo The Musical and the next showing was at 1pm so I headed towards that way. I saw the tree lady whilst on route I think she was just going back inside but I managed to snap a photo from afar. I don’t think her name is actually tree lady, it’s ivy or something or other. Not even sure if it’s a lady, but it looked cool anyway! Also does anyone else ever stop to look at the animals on the way into the park, I very rarely do as I just want to get in, get a pic with the tree of life and enjoy the attractions. Somewhere along the way I must have stopped as I have a photo of some sort of animal, I think it’s a Pygmy something, no idea why I felt the need to take a photo

There was a bit of a queue to have the standard tree pics and it was painful stood there waiting and watching families trying to cram in, do different poses, forcing kids to smile etc. Some people are so oblivious to their surroundings as well, I saw a few people this trip who would just walk straight in front of the camera not acknowledging that people were having photos taken The photographer I had was really chatty and was getting me doing all kinds of poses taking close up photos and of the tree reflection on my sunglasses. Some of these pics are so unflattering, my face up close looks disgusting! But as you all know I like to include the good, the bad and the ugly in my reports so check it out for yourself. I was photobombed by mrs legs in the background as you can see.

I arrived at the Nemo Theatre with about 15 minutes to spare. This is one of my favourite shows in Disney world, the memories I have are special. I remember during the ‘that’s my dad’ song, actually sat there with my dad feeling well emosh! And when Bruce came on stage I found myself smiling because me and Carley are always mimicking him and saying his quotes. I love the set up, the actors, the songs, colourful displays etc, I adore the film so this show can’t be missed when I visit. It was blaady freezing in there though! I was like a block of ice by the end of it and I couldn’t feel my bum, these are some of the most uncomfortable seats in Disney, joint with the fantasmic ones! Full on ass killers. I found myself a good spot towards the back in the centre so I could make a quick getaway afterwards. Of course I found the seat with the most fidgety woman sat in front of me, she wouldn’t stop shifting around throughout the whole thing, and I’m easily distracted so it took my attention away from the show which was annoying. I enjoyed it all the same though in particularly the girl who was playing Dory, she had me in fits especially when things didn’t go to plan on stage, always makes me laugh when that happens.

I managed to scramble out of the theatre quickly at the end, ain’t nobody got time for hanging about and dawdling. I didn’t have any plans on what I was doing next so followed the path and ended up having some more photos taken. I very rarely pass by a photopass photographer without stopping, I like to take advantage of having my photos taken especially being on my own. This was a good little spot with expedition Everest in the background. I got chatting to the photographer and then asked her a question which had been bugging me throughout my trip. I’d noticed with each photographer that some asked for you to scan your band beforehand and some did it afterwards. No idea why so I asked her. She explained that it had recently changed and was being trialed currently. Apparently with character greets the band is scanned after and with the iconic backdrops it’s scanned before. She said she had no idea why it had changed but that her and her colleagues didn’t like the new change and that it was just confusing for the guests and causing people to lose their holiday snaps She was a nice girl and she wasn’t busy with masses of people waiting so it was nice to spend some time having a conversation with her. See, when you do a solo trip you’re never really solo, the cast members are so friendly and will make time to chat with guests. This girl did a magic shot for me asking if I’d like Jiminy cricket or balloons, i’d never had one with Jiminy before so he was my choice.

I remembered from a previous trip when me and Carley had met Baloo and king Louis, it had been such a fun meet and greet so I was keen to do this again. I consulted my map, found their location and got in line, I didn’t wait long, I think because the meet and greet area is hidden away in quite a secluded place so not many people realise they are there. Well I say they… today it was only king Louis such a shame as I really enjoyed meeting them both before and getting lots of hugs and attention from them. This was the kind of meet and greet where you just stand have a pic and leave, no conversation no trying to figure out what the character is saying etc, it was a quick one which I didn’t mind, saves from any awkwardness!

I’d been to Animal Kingdom twice already so had pretty much covered most attractions. I thought I’d see which characters were out and about for some more meet and greets and photo opportunities. I had a look on the Park app and remembered that Goofy and Pluto do a joint character meet, I’d done this before with my ex and enjoyed it so off I went to find them. The queue looked long but it seemed to be moving quickly and I didn’t have much else planned so didn’t mind waiting. Boy I was so wrong! I ended up queuing from 13:55 until 14:50. I didn’t realise I’d be stood there for a whole hour! Half way through I was at the point where I was thinking do I leave the line now or do I stay and suck it up. I decided to remain in line as I’d come this far and felt it would be time wasted if I didn’t even get to meet them! They went for 2 breaks I think whilst I was stood there, maybe 3 and they spent a lot of time with guests hence the wait time! I kept myself entertained as always by people watching and earwigging. I’d spotted this little Chinese girl in a Minnie outfit and she was actually adorable, she kept waving at me which was cute. I also witnessed a toddler in his stroller having a full on meltdown, he must have been getting annoyed with the waiting. His dad wasn’t helping, rather than trying to entertain him or distract him he thought it would be a good idea to cover his mouth. So now I could hear muffled screaming. I’m not a parent and I’d never interfere or tell people how to be a parent but surely there were other ways. The poor kid was clearly distressed and the dad just seemed to make him worse when doing that I was fuming at one point as well because when the family in front of me met the characters they had a herd of about 20 other family members who showed up and decided to jump in the photo, some together, some apart. One with a girl who got her photo alone with them, even though she hadn’t even stepped foot into the queue. I didn’t think it was fair at all! They should have queued along with everyone else! Wow, I just went off on a little rant then So, an hour later my time came and I can honestly say this is up there with one of my best meet and greets! I loved it! They made me feel at ease, gave me hugs, fought over me, were being playful and using my sunglasses as a mirror. I completely forgot my surroundings and that others would be watching me and just enjoyed my moment with them. I soon forgot about the wait time and queue dramas, it was so much fun. When I saw that the photographer had captured it all on camera too I was made up. Look at me, I look like a kid at Christmas giddy with excitement smiling from ear to ear

It was around 2pm now and I was feeling hungry! I still had a couple of Quick Service credits left, I’m not sure how! I thought I’d changed them to snacks I thought I’d head round to flame tree barbecue as I’d never had it before and I know it’s recommended by members of the dibb, especially for a quick service. Well I got there and it was heaving! The queue went on forever and I couldn’t see any seating anywhere and didn’t fancy perching on a random wall somewhere so I continued on and ended up having a bacon cheeseburger in the restaurantosaurus place. I’d never been in here before but I liked it. It wasn’t crowded, there was plenty of seating and the burger was nom. Especially as there was a topping bar in here minus the plastic cheese though. I always appreciate a topping bar!

I spent half an hour or so just enjoying my food, resting my feet and charging my phone. I’d managed to get bitten by a mozzie at some point on my toe and it was itching so bad! Had to keep taking my shoe off to get to it and have a good old scratch, that relief you get from a scratch is such a nice feeling. Speaking of mozzies I came across this sign with a big container of insect repellent next to it! How on earth did I not know about this sooner, never seen this in any of the other parks or I’d have been all over it! It was a little too late now! Plus I’d spent a months wages on my own in the resort shop.

Next on my plan as you go agenda was to pop over to Rafiki’s planet watch. Me and Carley had the best character greet over there with Chip & Dale. My main reason for going was to meet Rafiki and to see if they had any animals in surgery. Last time they were operating on a tiger and I had found it so interesting to watch! It’s a great area to visit especially for kids, lots of facts and interactive activities so plenty of opportunity to learn new things. On the train I like seeing the behind the scenes bits, one of the rhinos wasn’t far away at all, closer than you’d see on the Kilimanjaro safari.

I arrived there at around 15:45 after a short train ride and headed into the main building to find Rafiki. There he was meeting his guests and there was barely a queue, result The cast member assisting was called Kylie! I obviously informed her that we had the same name and we probably got way to excited than we should have. There’s not many of us (well unless you’re in Australia) and I never meet other Kylie’s back home so we shared in that joy for a moment. When it was my turn she informed Rafiki that we had the same name too and he was jumping around clapping his hands, it was cute. He gave me the biggest squeeze, he’s always a nice character to meet. The queue is never long either, perhaps people don’t want to make the train journey over or don’t realise he’s there.

After here, I had a quick mooch around the conservation centre, I briefly watched some woman giving a reptile talk and then continued on. They didn’t have any animals in surgery which obviously was good as that meant they were all in good health. I still saw the theatre where they usually are and saw people working away keeping themselves busy with jobs. After here I headed back out to the affection section. The old me would have never stepped foot in here, I've never really been much of an animal lover and would age ran a mile if one came near me! But as I’ve gotten older I seem to have developed more of a liking for them. This area had several goats, pigs, a sheep, a donkey and cows. It was like being back home in the new forest, I love that place! I went round stroking them and watching their mannerisms. Goats are funny animals, I watched one jumping on and off some apparatus constantly and 2 locking horns ready for a fight. There were cast members here too who were answering questions and looking after the animals making sure guests were treating them kindly.

I made sure to wash and scrub my hands twice over before leaving and then headed back to the train. I can imagine that young children would love this area, it’s a nice break away from the hustle and bustle of the main park as it’s relatively quiet here. I didn’t have anymore plans for Animal Kingdom so decided to call it a day. I left the park at 16:45 so had spent a good few hours here. It felt strange to be leaving knowing that I wouldn’t see Animal Kingdom for god knows how long! I was grateful that I’d been here a few times this trip though and had managed to do everything I wanted. My plan now was to go straight to Epcot and spend the evening there. I suppose I was saying goodbye to each park Animal Kingdom and Epcot today and then Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom tomorrow. I always like to visit them one last time before leaving for home. I was soon on the bus and arrived at Epcot at 17:20. I was doing well with the buses today, I haven’t complained about them for a while actually! I did feel so tired during the journey though and could feel my eyes dropping, uh oh I was in major need of a nap, but nope, no time for that. Bag check was quick as most people were leaving the park rather than entering, it had been a strange day weather wise, looked as though the heavens would open all day but it never did rain. It was still humid though! I made sure to stop and have my last photos taken at Epcot. When I look back at these photos I feel like I’m thinner there than I am now! I blame Stanly, being in a relationship makes you comfortable and then you just pile on the weight!

I was keen to have a look at the different ‘leave a legacy’ walls to find Steph of Krispysmores photo. I have watched Steph and Dave’s YouTube channel for years and have been lucky enough to meet them too. They had informed us viewers of the location of Steph’s photo and like a geek I’d noted it down on my phone. It took me a little while to find it but I did eventually and then proceeded to take my first selfie with her.

I tagged them on Instagram and received a like from them which was nice. They are lovely people and so informative when it comes to Disney holidays so if you haven’t already, then do check them out. I had a fastpass booked for Soarin’ at 17:30 so headed straight there. I was excited as I hadn’t done it yet this trip and apparently there had been an update as well so I was really looking forward to it. I think they had added an extra queue or loading area too as it looked different to normal. I was sat with some older ladies on this, must have been in there 70’s, they were funny and had me laughing, it was like looking into the future at me and Carley. One of them couldn’t find or do her seatbelt so I helped her, throughout the ride she was laughing and screeching like she was a little girl and I was absolutely loving that. If I am still coming to Disney world and going on Soarin’ at that age I will be a very happy lady! My notes fail me with regards to this ride and my memory! But I know I enjoyed it and remember thinking and appreciating the different smells throughout the journey, I don’t actually remember the new bits though so can’t comment on them.

After here I headed to see what the queue was like for Baymax and to my disappointment he was finishing up for the day and the line had been closed off. I would have liked to meet him again although last time I was afraid I would pop him! I took a pic of him from afar and then headed off into the world showcase, look how grey that sky looks!

My feet were starting to feel it by now. I had my trusty sling back boats on which I absolutely love. So much so that I’ve had the same pair 4 times They are so comfy and never let me down, today was the first time my feet were achey in them! I decided that I did not want to walk around the world showcase. The only reason I was going there was to grab some snacks from Karamell-Küche and try the American dream drink from the USA pavilion. Trust me to want to go the places that were furthest away. I was so grateful for the friendship boat and was soon onboard ready to be ferried across to Morocco. During the journey I noticed how busy the world showcase was! I was even more grateful to have gotten the boat now too. I battled the crowds to get to Germany and was soon in the Karamell-Küche shop smelling all the caramel yumminess.

I absolutely have to get a snack from here each time I visit Walt Disney world. I didn’t pick anything during my food and wine visits because they can be quite filling and sickly and I wanted to enjoy all the food and wine offerings. There was quite a long queue which I was happy with for once! I’m the most indecisive person so to be in a queue and have the time to look to see which snacks I wanted was fine by me. I got chatting to a British guy in the queue, he was actually part of the cultural representative program and was currently working in food and beverage in the UK pavilion, I have no idea what his name was but we chatted for ages. I said to him that I was a fan of Ellie and Adam’s YouTube channels and he said he worked with them and that they were lovely people. He said to me that he wasn’t missing home yet but he was missing the cooler weather. Funny how when you’re away from home you actually do miss the cold weather, I recently returned from Malta which was like 35 degree heat hoping to come back to cooler weather, but it was still boiling back home! Roll on the cosy dark autumn nights and rainy days, I actually can’t wait! I couldn’t decide on one snack so got 3! I can’t remember and didn’t note down what they were though, a brownie and a cookie were 2 of them, god knows what the other one was. I said goodbye to matey and headed back into a chaotic showcase.

I made my way to the American pavilion on the look out for the fife & drum tavern. I’d seen on the dibb that people had the American dream drink on their snack lists so I immediately added it to mine too. It looked yummy! And sure enough it did not disappoint. The drink was made up of frozen strawberry, vanilla ice cream and blue raspberry slushie. I used a snack credit but otherwise it would have cost around $5. They sold turkey legs here too and the smell of them made me want to vom, I cannot even imagine holding that thing, let along putting it anywhere near my mouth. The drink was sooo refreshing! I loved it! I’m a massive fan of slushies anyway so having it combined with ice cream made it even more tasty. I stood for a while watching a band called ‘squeeze’ performing onstage, I literally had no idea who they were but everyone else seemed to love them. I saw a boat coming back across so got a shimmy on to catch it in time and was soon back in Canada.

I honestly recommend getting the boat across the showcase, if you have tired feet it will save you from further pain and stress from the crowds. Again as I had visited Epcot several times already this trip I had pretty much covered everything, one thing I had left was mission space, which I had booked a fast pass for. I was a bit hesitant when I initially booked this as I hadn’t been on it in years and had heard that it made people sick. I was still feeling uncertain about it now and was in 2 minds wether to ride it or not. I didn’t want to wuss out completely so found my balls and headed on in. But alas my uncertainty wasn’t over just yet, I had to choose wether to be part of the green less intense team or the orange more intense team. I must have been a proper billy big balls tonight as I chose orange.

It’s been a while since I felt this nervous on a ride before, my stomach was churning and I hadn’t even got on yet. There are plenty of opportunities on the way to change your mind and doors to leave if you wished to, plus there are warning signs everywhere and then a safety video too which kept making me think that it must be really bad. I rode in a shuttle with a young American couple and omg never again. I felt sick as a dog. I’m not even exaggerating, they weren’t wrong when they said it was intense. I felt like my brain was going to explode and that my ass was going to fall out, it was so intense. Ok I maybe over dramatising it as some people would love this ride but I was hating every second and was pleading for it to end. The American couple were laughing their heads off at me and found my constant swearing and grabbing of the sick bag very amusing. I can’t even begin to explain to you guys what happened on the ride as all I remember is cursing all the way through and trying to control the urge of vomming the American dream up into my lap. I took a photo immediately after to try and show you all how I was feeling. Never again. Ever.

I felt as a fart afterwards too, my legs were like jelly I was swaying from side to side, had to sit on a nearby wall and compose myself. I don’t think I have ever felt like that on a ride before. The time I went on years ago it must have been the green less intense one. And even then I felt sick because of the smell of my own fart in such a small space, my poor brothers Once I’d recovered I had a mooch in mousesteps as I wanted to look in the pandora section, this was a complete fail as I couldn’t find it?! Maybe it had been moved elsewhere unless I was just blind and didn’t see it. I can’t even remember what I wanted to get from there! I thought about staying at Epcot to watch illuminations but figured I’d better get back to the hotel as I still had packing to do. I waved goodbye to Epcot and good riddance to mission space and was on the bus back to All Star Movies at 8pm. I still felt dizzy and weird from the ride on here like I was going to collapse, not a drama queen at all When arriving back I popped into the resort shop as I still had my Disney voucher to spend, I chose to get a photo frame in the end and had planned to use one of the photos with me, Stace, JA and Vicki to put in it.

Once back in the room I started the long and stressful process of packing, meh! I’d only just got here and was packing already, it had gone way too quick. My case weighed a ton afterwards but I’d convinced myself it would be fine. It was quite a challenge making sure any breakables were secure and cramming everything in, I made sure not to leave any liquids in my carry on case this time. Last time I had put my new Victoria Secret creams/sprays in and it had to be thrown away at the airport, oops I was relieved once I had finished and sat down to have some of my chocolate brownie from Karamell-Küche. I found it to be quite dry so it ended up in the bin! I spent time writing up some notes whilst watching everyone loves Raymond, this show still makes me chuckle years later. It felt strange knowing this would be the last night sleeping here, my solo trip was coming to an end but I felt ok about that. I must have fell asleep by 11pm, I was shattered
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Another brilliant, busy day! Sad that your report is coming to an end 😔

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another brilliant day.

I looked very similar when I done mission space ... but I did the green, no way could I hack the orange! well done you! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great last day, I love the Rafiki photos!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Another very full day.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Okay I definitely won't be braving Mission Space Orange, the first time I rode Green I felt a bit queasy so there's no way I'm gambling.

I'm definitely going to make a point of taking the boat across World Showcase this year, something we've never done, I'm sure you get some different views doing it as well.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’m going to miss your reports, so entertaining 👍🏻
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
:)

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
Another brilliant, busy day! Sad that your report is coming to an end 😔
This was a busy day and my feet felt it too! I know right, can’t believe I’ve managed to nearly complete it!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another brilliant day.

I looked very similar when I done mission space ... but I did the green, no way could I hack the orange! well done you! X
Thanks Kelly! Honestly I felt so ill, never again am I stepping foot on that attraction!

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
What a great last day, I love the Rafiki photos!
Thank you! He’s always a fun character to meet

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Another very full day.
Thanks for reading along as always my lovely

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Okay I definitely won't be braving Mission Space Orange, the first time I rode Green I felt a bit queasy so there's no way I'm gambling.

I'm definitely going to make a point of taking the boat across World Showcase this year, something we've never done, I'm sure you get some different views doing it as well.
I don’t blame you at all, it was horrible! Yeah it’s a nice little trip and saves your aches feet!

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I’m going to miss your reports, so entertaining 👍🏻
Aw that’s lovely to hear, thank you for reading them! Glad I’ve kept you entertained
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara & Jas
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Hi Kylie 👋 I’ve just spent the week binge reading your trippie - and I’ve loved it! I’m so sorry but I’m still drying my laughing tears over your mission space experience, bless you 🤣. We’ve just come home from Florida and for the first time I’ve been bitten to death by the horrible mozzie community 😡 evil creatures, so I’ve feel your pain. Looking forward to your final report xxx
Sara & Jas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List