Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Aug 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I drive crap cars at home so tend to use thrifty so it feels the same😋
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Sad that I am I spend quite a bit of time wandering the rows each time I am in the Alamo garage.

You are going to be hard put to find the Premium SUV row as they dot them about.

I have seen an X3 in the Luxury row, but I have also seen a Cadillac XT5 in that row and also mixed in with the Full size SUV's

My money would be on an X3 a Q5 or Q3 and an XT5 as being the ones most likely for that class.

I drive an X3 here so what would I take if I was faced with the above choice?

Well I like to use indicators so that rules the Audis out as Audi drivers don't use them.

So probably the XT5 which I have had twice. Nice car but smaller than the X3

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Hi,

We have the same cat booked out of Miami Airport next month for 21 days, I emailed Alamo earlier this week asking what I could expect their response: -

* Ford Expedition EL
* Chevy Suburban
* Yukon XL
* Toyota Sequoia

Have to say I was a little underwhelmed, we had a BMW X5 from Avis last year which admittedly was an upgrade for an extra $210 for the 21 days, would rip their hand off for a similar deal this year.
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

i'd be happy with an X3 or Q5 or similar, i've read of people getting land rover discoveries and similar.
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Leemcd View Post
i'd be happy with an X3 or Q5 or similar, i've read of people getting land rover discoveries and similar.
With Hertz yes. I have never seen a Landrover in the Alamo garage in the last 30+ visits. Mind you that's not to say they don't have them just not when I am there.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

i'll go with your experience on this one! with alamo do you just select from the row? or is a car allocated?
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Yanto View Post
Hi,

We have the same cat booked out of Miami Airport next month for 21 days, I emailed Alamo earlier this week asking what I could expect their response: -

* Ford Expedition EL
* Chevy Suburban
* Yukon XL
* Toyota Sequoia

Have to say I was a little underwhelmed, we had a BMW X5 from Avis last year which admittedly was an upgrade for an extra $210 for the 21 days, would rip their hand off for a similar deal this year.
I think the X3 is a premium elite SUV this list is for the premium SUV very confusing..
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by arty688 View Post
I think the X3 is a premium elite SUV this list is for the premium SUV very confusing..
i agree! it's pretty confusing, premium or premium elite!?
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Leemcd View Post
i'll go with your experience on this one! with alamo do you just select from the row? or is a car allocated?
You pick what you want. The Guys point out the row appropriate to what you have booked and you wander along and pick whatever you like.

Old 10 Aug 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Sad that I am I spend quite a bit of time wandering the rows each time I am in the Alamo garage.

You are going to be hard put to find the Premium SUV row as they dot them about.

I have seen an X3 in the Luxury row, but I have also seen a Cadillac XT5 in that row and also mixed in with the Full size SUV's

My money would be on an X3 a Q5 or Q3 and an XT5 as being the ones most likely for that class.

I drive an X3 here so what would I take if I was faced with the above choice?

Well I like to use indicators so that rules the Audis out as Audi drivers don't use them.

So probably the XT5 which I have had twice. Nice car but smaller than the X3
Ahem... Audi S5 Driver here... We most certainly indicate Especially with the dynamic lights!
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List