Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Aug 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
1disneyfanatic
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Which Disney accommodation for 5 people?

Trying to book for 2 adults and 3 teenagers for next July. Ideally a 1 or 2 bed villa onsite but can’t seem to get any availability. Am I doing something wrong?

My son is autistic and needs some space so having us all in 1 hotel room won’t work. It needs to be onsite as he can struggle during the day and it’s easier to have the accommodation in close proximity. That way one of us can take him back and rejoin the rest later. Also with his food allergies it’s easier to book onsite restaurants to suit him and the free dining helps.

Any ideas?
1disneyfanatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, are you looking for old key west/Saratoga? We want to book OKW for next July (which we did in July 2017 for a stay July 2018) but I have noticed it is not showing on Disney holiday web site. I am beginning to get a little nervous cos we want the free dining plan offer but also like the extra space in a 1 bed villa as opposed to the standard hotel room layout. I am checking daily but not sure what to do if it doesn’t become available soon 😬
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately, there's much more limited availability for villas at OKW and SSR next year than there normally is. Also, Disney have said that they're only releasing villa accommodation at 330 days this year, so July is only just being released, and some dates won't be released yet.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Has anybody managed to get OKW 1 bed villa at 330 days? We have booked POR for sept 2019 as the 1 beds were not available for our dates but would have preferred OKW
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would be very interested to know if anyone has managed to book okw even at 330 days out. It’s a bit worrying because we love okw!
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Look into renting DVC points at David’s, or similar. You need 5 sleep surfaces, are two of the teenagers happy sharing a sofa bed? If yes you could get away with some studios (although I wouldn’t) and a number of DVC 1 beds.
DVC 1 beds that have 5 sleep surfaces are Animal Kingdom (both hotels apart from DVC value rooms), Bay Lake Tower, Villas Grand Floridian, Old Key West. This is because they have a sleeper chair, VGF has a Murphy bed. The one beds at DVC have a kitchen. These rooms seem to be in short/ virtually non existent supply nowadays to cash guests.
Ironically more of the studios have a Murphy bed in (small fold down bed, but plenty of adults sleep in them) and thus 5 sleep surfaces. These include Boardwalk, Beach Club, Polynesian, Villas Grand Floridian and likely Saratoga after next year’s refurb.
My personal favourite if you could get one (probably most difficult to get room on property as it needs to have both a 1 bed and a studio available in Standard View which are extremely good points value, these cost the same as a 1 bed at BLT for example) is the 2 bed Standard View lockoff at Boardwalk Villas. You’d need David’s to get you an owner at Boardwalk to book it near the 11 month mark to get one of them, but it’s worth going to Daves early and getting on a wait list if possible.

Edited at 08:08 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Following this.

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Possibly cheaper option than onsite villas would be 2 connecting rooms at any resort, we are looking into this for 2021 when our children will be 12,15 & 16.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shoegirl
First POST

I just booked OKW for early July 19 (3 - 10) - one bed Villa. I think I got very lucky. Its still showing as available on the Disney holiday website for those dates.
shoegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List