Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

I think my main dilemma is convenience of Bristol V's price. I saw flydrives with BA dec/jan this year for August for £428 pp from gatwick however into Miami. there are 6 of us travelling possibly 8 so adding up the savings it often feels we have no choice but to trek to London! If i could find flights for the £550 mark as mentioned above i would defo be booking from Bristol as it cost us £130 per car (took 2 cars) for a hotel overnight and parking so would be worth it! But really fancy a flydrive with a villa...
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Just to throw it in the mix we all have virgin miles from our last Florida trip so could possibly use these if going from gatwick (new to miles so will start another thread lol! )
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
Hi we are from bath and flying from Bristol with TUI in September we booked a Fly drive last September and upgraded our seats to premium for the 2 of us paid £2000 but my brother in law and his partner only joined our holiday booking 6 weeks ago and paid £1030 for the two of them and that’s extra leg room seats. I know our price sounds a lot but got a good deal on the villa so it balances out the price but to be honest I would pay anything not to have the journey to Gatwick again. 😊
See you on that flight! Did the same one in May 17 and apart from the flight back being cancelled due to a technical issue with the plane identified when we started taxiing, the flights were great .
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I live very close to Bristol Airport. It's cheaper for us to go from Heathrow/Gatwick including fuel and hotel the night before.
We are very lucky as usually a family member will take us to London as I would not be able to drive home after that flight. If we HAD to drive, I would stay in London another night I think.

I also to fly into MCO as we don't hire a car in Flroida. If we couldn't stay the night after or get a lift then I would prefer to get a train and fly from Heathrow - still cheaper than flights from Bristol for us.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi,

We paid £790 each to fly Bristol- MCO via Dublin for Aug this year (currently in WDW).

At the time I was delighted as we were on the 2nd Bristol flight out so would have had a short layover in Dublin & no need for a hotel the night before.

However, they changed our Bristol flight to the first one of the day 8.10am. This meant approx 5.5hrs in Dublin and made it a very very long day!

To be honest I am not sure I would do it again.

We have done the car to Gatwick/Heathrow and find the drive home awful (live in Devon). I booked a taxi one year but we were unlucky with that as due to an accident on the motorway he was 3 hrs late picking us up from Gatwick!

Not sure what the answer is to be honest although it probably won’t matter for us. For various reasons I think this trip may be our last...

Not much help was I 😆
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I live very close to Bristol Airport. It's cheaper for us to go from Heathrow/Gatwick including fuel and hotel the night before.
We are very lucky as usually a family member will take us to London as I would not be able to drive home after that flight. If we HAD to drive, I would stay in London another night I think.

I also to fly into MCO as we don't hire a car in Flroida. If we couldn't stay the night after or get a lift then I would prefer to get a train and fly from Heathrow - still cheaper than flights from Bristol for us.
I'm pretty close too... Walking distance in fact. We even pimp our drive out to holiday makers!

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scully View Post
I'm pretty close too... Walking distance in fact. We even pimp our drive out to holiday makers!
Hi Neighbor!

We're 10 minutes away flying from Bristol on the 22nd September actually Only over to Edinburgh though
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
See you on that flight! Did the same one in May 17 and apart from the flight back being cancelled due to a technical issue with the plane identified when we started taxiing, the flights were great .
My auntie and uncle were on that flight in may first time with tui but it didn’t put them off. See you in a few weeks time 😊
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are from South Devon and I just suck it up for the drive home. I do hate it though.

Thought about doing Bristol>Belfast>MCO but I think I'd rather fly direct and do the drive.
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

We live in mid Devon and have done various routes over the years. Gatwick, Manchester mostly which have involved long drives, Manchester last year was easier on the way up than Gatwick, but took 9 hours on the way back with the traffic.
We have done Exeter to Dublin then mco which was fab, apart from flybe cancelling the dub/exeter leg on the way home, which meant us landing in Bristol and hiring a car down to Exeter to collect our car!

For next year I have my eye on the ext/man/mco which popped up for our dates when checking for this year. It will cut out loads of driving but depends on price. The tui ones from Bristol are prohibitively expensive for us.
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List