Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Aug 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 2 - Five Have Fun In Florida(& The Bahamas)

Today was another early start for me so I wrote up yesterday’s post! Every one is is doing okay with sleeping. As swimming did not happen last night, I told Mona we could start the day at the pool. We grabbed some breakfast- fruit for me and Bron, myself and Moni headed to the pool.

We headed back upstairs to get ready to pop out.

The kids are ready!

So are we!

And we headed to IHOP - breakfast for lunch! Cupcake pancakes for me.

We then drove back to Hard Rock and headed into the studios to pick up where we had ended yesterday. Starting with Minions for all.

Then we split up. Bron and Mona rode Rip Ride Rocket. While we went to Shrek.

The Mummy.

A cup reactivation and a Jaws photo op!

We then headed to ride The Fast and The Furious, a new ride for us all and another drinks refill before heading over to ride The Simpsons.

Next it was Men In Black, Bron was the highest scorer until Bay hit the red button! My kids, especially my big kids have always been really competitive and this has not stopped even though they are adults!

Then we headed off to Diagon Alley where we rode Escape from Gringotts.

We snacked on ice cream whilst sitting on the steps!

And visited Knockturn Alley for a nose around!

Before heading out and catching the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmead.

It was really hot!

We meandered through Hogsmead. Mona wanted a frozen butterbear but being cruel parents we said no as she’d not long had ice cream which she had spoon fed to her dad and brother because she couldn’t finish! So a bit of bickering and dramatics accompanied us on our walk through Hogsmead!

We headed to Jurassic Park and Bron and I joined the Raptors line which promptly closed as there was lightning within a 5 mile radius so we headed to grab a picture before walking on.

We wandered to Skull Island , it was Bron’s first ride on this version on King Kong, she rode the original aged 1 and half when it was back in the studios and didn’t bat an eyelid. When we had rode the new ride there were actors jumping out in the line giving out frights and heart attacks, we asked the attendant as to be pre prepared and were told they were not in the express line. The ride went tech before we got on and also whilst riding however was soon back up and running!

We exited to dark skies there was a storm brewing so we headed back round via the arcade for Mona to change up the unused tokens and add a few more!

We got to the store at the end and the heavens opened so we had a super long browse I gathered some bits to buy then put them all back again! I wanted to be in the Christmas shop across the walk way as had seen a plastic cup with lid grinch themed. Myself, Alex and Mona are off on a cruise tomorrow and thought I could use this then as well as to take coffee/drinks in on my drive to work. We waited a long time for the rain to slow! We sat outside the store undercover and people watched. Some family’s had come prepared for all weathers some like us had not. One family of about 8 had gone into the shop and must have asked for plastic bags as had the idea to make their own rain macs! One ripped a giant hole for her face, another two giant eye holes, one pulled his head through the top, we were not sure his thinking begind this as the bags were only covering to just below the shoulders! One, an older women actually placed said bag over her whole head and shoulders, no holes were ripped for eyes or breathing! Despite the obvious suffocation risk they all then headed off getting absolutely drenched apart from the small areas the bags were covering! I had been shaking with silent laughter and thought I could of actually passed out! It really was comedy gold! About 5 minutes later I made it over to the Christmas store and then dithered over whether or not I should buy the plastic lidded cup which I was desperate for half an hour earlier! I did, I was then joined by my crew. Alex had shelled out on 2 umbrellas which I’m hoping we can get home as they look longer than our luggage! We then, all 5 tried to walk in formation underneath these trying to keep as dry as possible which is easier said than done as come in a variety of shapes and sizes! We headed to Bubba Gumps to eat, I had coconut shrimp which was okay. We had a 20 minute wait for a table, the server was sweet and gave us a quiz as we waited.

We took a slow wonder back to the hotel stopping for coffee water and Diet Coke. The intention was to pack up as tomorrow we part ways with Bron and Bay. We head to port canaveral after dropping them at Cabana Bay and so I won’t be able to post for a few days as don’t think I will have wifi. I’m new to cruises but the plan for us tomorrow is to hopefully arrive for about 1.30 ish. Tuesday is in Nassau and I have booked the Atlantis beach day. We then have a day at castaway cay and finish with a day at sea which if I’m honest is making me feel quite nervy! I have brought some sea sickness tabs and patches to wear as want to be prepared.

Bron and Bay have 4 nights at Cabana Bay and I think they are going to chill initially. I will ask Bron to make some notes of what they get up to and combine in some way with my days!

We will drive to collect them on Friday and check into Disney’s Old Key West, not my favourite resort but suits size wise!

We have a flight of passsge fast pass and are then attending mickeys not so scary halloween party. We have come unprepared, so no costumes which was not the original plan!

I hope someone is reading and enjoying and maybe has some info on how I can turn this report into a photo book if I do end up completing it! Goodbye for now.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I hope you have an amazing time on the Cruise, I was so apprehensive before we did ours, but it was incredible and I'd love to do another.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day for you👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Sounds like you are all having a great time. Looking forward to reading about the cruise. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
Thank you for reading
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I hope you have an amazing time on the Cruise, I was so apprehensive before we did ours, but it was incredible and I'd love to do another.
Thank you for reading. We had a fantastic time and glad we went. I wouldn’t rule out doing another but they are quite pricey.
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day for you👍
It was I do love the universal parks
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
Sounds like you are all having a great time. Looking forward to reading about the cruise. X
Thanks for reading and commenting. We are haing a fab time, it’s lovely (most of the time) all being together x