Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 15 Jul 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

The start of a plan - Any thoughts anyone

We have preliminary booked for 2018 August to return again to WDW with another family - so 4 adults and 2 daughters who will turn 18 when we are there.

Initially the plan is 7 nights at OKW in 2 deluxe studios, collect a car then have 3 nights at Cabana Bay, then 4 nights in a villa then fly home.

We have 14 nights Disney & Universal tickets which will give us the flexibility during the 2 weeks.

Several friends have suggested that we look at doing 11 nights in a 2 bed villa at OKW and then the 3 nights at Cabana Bay then fly home, to extend the DDP options and lessen the driving the 2nd week. We would possibly need to collect the car earlier I suspect.

Haven't costed this up yet with the travel agent lady but just wondered if anyone thought this is a) a sensible suggestion, b) could be a cheaper option (as budget is very tight) or have any other thoughts we could consider.

Thanks

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

All I can suggest is have a base and stick to it. We did three or four venues one time and we were forever packing up, being out by 10, not being able to check in until 4.. it was a complete pain. Could you not stay off site in a large villa or 2 villas next door to each other for the duration?
Old 15 Jul 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't split a stay with more than two hotels either. We're doing four nights at HRH and 10 at YC.

With Disney dining and UEP included at their deluxe hotels that was a no brainer for us, we haven't even bothered with car hire as a result.

If budget is tight then I can see why a villa would seem like a reasonable option, but I'd price up how much each individual element would cost, as if you do a lot of TS restaurants you might be better off with a Disney deluxe for longer with dining included. Similarly if you're buying EPs at universal anyway you might be better off swinging for a more expensive hotel.

Plus hiring a mini van really isn't cheap - you could use that cost to offset against the accommodation, and just uber when you need it...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

A villa for less than a week will add a cleaning charge of £100 which is another incentive to stick to two rather than three stays.

If budget is tight I'd consider dropping the Universal stay and splitting between Disney and a villa though. Your breakfast , drinks and snack bill will likely plummet in a villa compared with a hotel stay.

We have booked five nights at Disney and are then moving to a villa very close to Disney for the rest of our time in Orlando. My thinking is that we will be in commando mode the first Park of the stay and want to eat on site , then for the second half of the stay we can dip in and out more and have some relax time ... plus the sheer amount of food on DDP for two weeks would kill me especially in the heat.

Edited at 11:58 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Think we will revisit the plan as it certainly hadn't dawned on me that we would pretty much loose 2 days whilst we move bases!

As this is probably be the last visit to WDW just the 6 of us we want to get it right

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi, your dilemma sounds a bit like mine now that we have decided to stay onsite for 1st part of our trip. Previously we were going to just stay in a villa but DH getting more put off by the sheer weight of traffic we keep reading about (+ parking fees) & time wasted.
We then decided 8 days OKW, 3 days RPR & then villa, similar to you - but again decided against too many changes because of the hassle of packing everyone up etc.
We still haven't actually booked (hoping to book Disney part this weekend), but the thinking is now:-
8 or 10 days OKW, then remainder in a villa. The decision we now have is whether we go for 14, 18 or 21 days. Obviously we'd love to do the latter, but just thinking about the cost. I'd be happy to compromise for 18 days- just want as long as possible as can't see us being able to afford to take the kids back again!
Good luck with your booking & planning!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

Thanks Michyloulou still in our dilemma and onto plan version q or even r now. Currently pricing up 7 nights OKW and 7 nights CB at Universal following comments from my SIL who has just returned back with my niece18 and nephew16.

So need that lottery win this week to remove any budget worries :-)

Hope your planning is going well too xxx