Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Smiggles

Hi,

My nine year old would like a Smiggle backpack and pencil case for returning to school, but I am not convinced.
If
Expensive but great quality or overpriced tat?

Edited at 05:23 PM.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My 6 year old has just found out about smiggle and wants everything at the moment. I paid £4 for a pen! 😱 I think it is expensive but the stuff is really nice and some things do seem good quality.
I wanted one of their backpacks to take to the parks when we go in August but £33 seems abit pricey compared to primark prices lol
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

My daughter has had a backpack for a year and it is starting to look at bit worn now. It is lovely and roomy, with a large pocket at the back and sides pockets for water bottles etc. It has done well for her first year of secondary school. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I think it is worth it. We bought ours Smiggles stuff in Sept and it is still going strong.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My daughter loves smiggle, her backpack, book bag and lunch bag she had last September for start of school year still look as though they will last her and she won't need for start of next school year... result!
Only thing I've been disappointed with from there is the advent calendar we got last year and even that was sorted by staff in store. Make sure you get a saver card and collect stamps you get one for every £10 spent the gifts are pretty good when card is full
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I paid almost £16 for a pencil case a few weeks ago for my 9 year old! It's nice but I think it's more the 'fad of the moment' to be honest lol 😂 my 9 year old is happy though haha!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ones just opened in Inverness and we went in for a look today, my 6 year old was desperately trying to persuade me to buy a rubber... for £5. I declined.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Ones just opened in Inverness and we went in for a look today, my 6 year old was desperately trying to persuade me to buy a rubber... for £5. I declined.
lol I'd have declined too a lot of it is overpriced but when they have a sale on you can get quite a few good bargains. Then again my eldest often goes in paperchase and I think that's even more overpriced 😮
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

We were lucky and got our DD a backpack in the sale. I have to say it's very well designed with plenty of useful compartments.
In fact, I wouldn't mind one myself 😊x
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

My little darling has been looking online and has put all she needs in a shopping basket waiting for me to pay for her haul!

I am steeling myself to look at the total, she maybe a little disappointed
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List