Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I have three children, two are teens.
My 19 year old (almost 20) is ok as she’s working full time from home and also doing Uni work evenings and weekends. She’s also quite a home bird compared to a lot of her friends, so didn’t go out all that often anyway.
My youngest is 15 and doing school work all day, gaming the rest of the time. He is very much a home bird - he’s quite happy to be home all of the time. He’s only been outside a couple times in 6 weeks.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I’m just heading into a virtual group meeting with young people (I’m a part-time youthworker).

As adults I’m sure you’ll agree that we are going through a whole range of emotions at the moment and are trying to make sense of what’s going on globally along with finding our new “normal”. While we are all experiencing Covid-19, our experiences will all be unique.

Some of us will be enjoying pressing the pause button, taking time to reflect and maybe make plans for the future while others will be finding every minute a challenge.

Passive behaviours are present in all of us whether that’s doing nothing, over adaptation, agitation or incapacitation.

If we as adults are finding this unprecedented period strange imagine how it might feel to experience it on top of being a child or teenager when you’re already trying to make sense of so many other things .
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD 17 a bit lost. All A level work done and no exams to revise for. Driving lessons cancelled for the foreseeable future and can’t work at her coffee shop job. Still contacting friends but missing the person to person contact. Waiting to go to uni in Sept. DD Y10 working her socks off and already worrying about her GCSEs. 🙃
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
DD 17 a bit lost. All A level work done and no exams to revise for. Driving lessons cancelled for the foreseeable future and can’t work at her coffee shop job. Still contacting friends but missing the person to person contact. Waiting to go to uni in Sept. DD Y10 working her socks off and already worrying about her GCSEs. 🙃
I could have wrote this myself but our DD just had her 18th in lockdown and DLP cancelled which was a birthday present, driving lessons also postponed and she was just getting to enjoy them, A levels cancelled after 2 years of hard work, does speak to friends daily but is missing routine and her little job. Now just waiting to see if she gets results needed to get into Uni in September.

At least we are in good health and staying home.
Stay safe everyone x

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine are struggling with not seeing their friends. But not really motivated to pick up the phone and chat, or zoom etc.

They're doing some exercise, but way less than they used to. So they're getting aggressive and frustrated.

I've taken my eldest out to work with me (just in the car, I'm a community nurse) a couple of times in the afternoon, just to get him out of the house.

It's so hard for them.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter was fine, however some of her friends have decided that its 'weird' to video call so are now not doing this, so shes missing them. She has one good friend who she chats with every day without fail and she looks forward to this, but she did admit she is missing school and seeing people other than me and her dad.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Dd19 has online seminars for uni and is working about 3-4 days a week at Morrisons. Her boyfriend is also staying with us as his parents live in France, so when she came home from Uni he came with her. It is great that she has him here but they aren’t used to being together all the time, thank goodness she is working some of the time. They have had a couple of arguments over the last week and it’s hard when they can’t really go anywhere apart from their hours walk.
DS14 is loving it, I’m trying to get him to do as much work as possible but it is really hard. He is doing the bare minimal and enjoying the rest of the time on his Xbox or in the garden playing basketball. I check up on what he’s doing and he has completed the tasks set but apart from PE it’s just enough that he can get away with. He is loving having DD’s boyfriend here as it’s like having a mate to stay, so in that respect I’m really lucky. Just wish I could get a bit more work out of him. His English teacher has suggested watching Romeo and Juliet which is have said I will do with him, but he is adamant he is not doing that.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

My youngest turned 17 this week, he was grumpy before all this and is worse now, his college has just restarted after easter, (remotely) but he is not bothering, he could start driving theory test, but hasnt bothered, he is sleeping most of the day until early afternoon, then xbox through to early hours of the morning, only popping out for a few minutes each evening. I was in tears yesterday as I just find it hard living with someone so grumpy! When he was younger he was just such a lovely child, its heart breaking this teenage stuff. 😓

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
I could have wrote this myself but our DD just had her 18th in lockdown and DLP cancelled which was a birthday present, driving lessons also postponed and she was just getting to enjoy them, A levels cancelled after 2 years of hard work, does speak to friends daily but is missing routine and her little job. Now just waiting to see if she gets results needed to get into Uni in September.

At least we are in good health and staying home.
Stay safe everyone x
We are in such a similar boat. DD 18 in a couple of weeks. DLP cancelled (it was meant to be a post A level escape). Just so grateful we are all well.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahmarie173
Apprentice Imagineer

my DD12 has ADHD so at this time she is struggling because she is out of routinw, she also has dyslexia and receives interventions in school and without this she has really struggled and its put her off doing her work, on the whole she is okay its just her concentration that is taking the brunt of it at the moment.

DD12 Is also struggling a bit without her friends, they video call sometimes but she struggles balancing school, her friends and time for herself. Sometimes i feel like i say all the wrong things lol!

hopefully things can start to go back to normal for them soon once its safe.