Notices

Old 17 Jan 09, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Brookeabel
VIP Dibber

*~*Our Walt Disney World Wedding Trip*~*

This is my first ever Pre-Trip Report so please forgive me if I bore anyone or ramble on.

The Cast So Far:

Cheryl (Me), The Bride

DF Lee, The Groom

DD Brooke Age 3, Flowergirl/Bridesmaid

DM Jean, Mother Of The Bride

Hopefully joining us will be:

DFIL David, Father of the Groom

DBIL Scott, Brother of the Groom

This will depend on the date I get for the wedding and on there employers to give them the time off when needed.

How it all began

I will start by telling you how this dream of mine became a reality. After returning from our last trip in October 2007 we were on a major downer, I myself was not looking forward to coming back as whilst I was in Florida the travel agent I worked for was closing our store and I was going to be out of a job. However things started to look up after I recieved a call to say the were offering me a Job at another branch within the company and within the same shopping centre. Basically I worked for Going Places (Mytravel) and as some of you may remember the company Mytravel merged with Thomas Cook. So it was a relief as I still had a job to go back to, however it would be strange leaving my old shop behind and starting afresh.

Fast forward 6 months and I found I loved my new store more than I tought, some may not agree but Thomas Cook is a great company to work for and I am proud to do so.
Still no holiday booked I mentioned to Lee that we should start planning next years holiday (we were giving 2008 a miss to give me chance to settle in at work and Brooke was starting nursery). We both decided Mexico sounded a good idea.

Sat at my desk I was pricing up Crown Paradise or Moon Palace in Cancun, it seemed perfect for us as the resort had plenty for us to do and both hotels are amazing. Anyway as I was sat there my colleague Katy turned to me and said "shame your not getting married there, you get a really good staff discount for booking a wedding package". So you can guess what I was thinking .

I couldn't wait to get home and tell Lee, we had been engaged 4 years and planned on getting married in either 09/10. Lets do it he said, it would cost us so much more to get married over here plus there's the issue with our families (some do not talk etc).

So that was it I got to work the next morning and got started on the planning.

I found availabilty for Crown Paradise

& Moon Palce Golf & Spa

After much debate we decided on Crown Paradise as this this would be more suitable for Brooke and as our friends had honeymooned there, we knew it would be nice.

As I had been off work for the weekend I was waiting till Monday to book, so on Sunday night we sat down and read through all the rules etc for marrying in mexico. It was then I noticed Lee had seemed to loose all enthusiasm (SP) and I could see he was not too happy so I confrunted him.
Turned out to be a good explanation. Some of you may laugh if you knew Lee as he comes across all macho and a real mans man
but deep down he's a big softie and he's really afraid of needles and anything to do with blood. This was a major problem as it is a requirment that you have a blood test taken in Mexico before they will allow you to marry. :angry:

Altough Lee told me not to worry and that he would go through with it for me, I knew he would be worrying from now and until then. This was his day as much as mine and I wanted it to be special for us both and after telling him this he asked me the following.

Whats your favourate place in the whole world?

Where in the world do we have so much fun and feel the happiest?

I replied "Florida of course, but i'd rather us get married than go back just yet". "Then lets get married at Disney World" he said. At this point I smiled and told him altough I have dreamt of this since I was young, the idea never entered my head as I guessed it was far out of our price range. "I dont care he said, I will do whatever it takes - let's get Married at Disney"

Well I didnt need asking twice, so on the 20th June 2008 our Walt Disney World Wedding Trip was booked .

Mum of 3, Wife & Disney Bride To Lee! We Everything Disney!
Our WDW Wedding - The Pre Trippie
Dreams Really Do Come True 09 Trip Report
Hawthorn Suites 2003
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2005 & 2006
All Star Movies 2007
All Star Movies 2009 - The Wedding!
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2012
Art Of Animation 2015
ALL STAR MOVIES 2024 - The Countdown Begins!

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Brookeabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting! Can't wait to read more
Old 17 Jan 09, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Sounds great Cheryl, looking forward to reading all about your plans.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm sure you'll have a great wedding in Disney Cheryl It will be like a dream come true. We'll be there at the same time as you. It won't be long now
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Sounds like a fairytale wedding cheryl, cant wait to read more.
Old 17 Jan 09, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Brookeabel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marionmcclung View Post
I'm sure you'll have a great wedding in Disney Cheryl It will be like a dream come true. We'll be there at the same time as you. It won't be long now

I know I cannot wait, can't believe when we booked we had 470 days to go, how its only 258!

Hawthorn Suites 2003
All Star Movies 2007
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2012
Art Of Animation 2015
Brookeabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Brookeabel
VIP Dibber

*~*Our Walt Disney World Wedding Trip*~*

The Details

Where ~ All Star Movies

When ~ 03rd October 2009

How Long ~ 21 Nights

The Wedding

Disneys Wedding Pavilion

Dates & Times Requested

For our 1st choice we have chosen Monday 12th October. The reason for this being we have a week before hand to prepare and make any last minute decisions-get the licence from the town hall etc, and we will have our last week as the honeymoon.

The second choice is Wednesday - same reason as above but avoiding the 13th for obvious reasons, not that im supersticious (SP) or anything .

We had 4 choices of time, 10am, 12pm, 2.30pm or 5pm.
Our 1st choice is 2.30pm - not too early and avoiding the mid-day heat. We then choose 5pm as our second choice for the same reasons.

Hawthorn Suites 2003
All Star Movies 2007
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2012
Art Of Animation 2015

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Old 17 Jan 09, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Aww what a lovely story and lovely wedding plans. You deffenatly haven't bored me with your pre trippe
I bet getting married at Disney will be so magical, like a real princess day. Cant wait to read more
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You started at last, I am so glad. Your plans look great so far, and I am so happy you got to do this, I cannot think of a better place. You are going to have an amazing time and I cannot wait to hear all about it, the planning and the wedding.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Brookeabel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ariel2006 View Post
You started at last, I am so glad. Your plans look great so far, and I am so happy you got to do this, I cannot think of a better place. You are going to have an amazing time and I cannot wait to hear all about it, the planning and the wedding.

I did, I bit the bullet and made a start, dont think it will be as good as yours I love them. It's made me even more excited if thats possible

Hawthorn Suites 2003
All Star Movies 2007
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2012
Art Of Animation 2015