Notices

Old 5 Apr 10, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, so I figure I have my timetable done, so it's probably time to check it out with you guys and see what you think. Feedback is welcome

Day 1 - Sunday 18th April
Flight out to Orlando. I figure that it's safer not to plan anything. We're due to get in at 2:30 but the last time I flew with Virgin we were delayed by 2 hours each way and we might be tired. If we're not, we can go to DTD or look around the hotel. Or maybe check out a movie at the Grand Floridian beach area.

Day 2 - Monday 19th - Welcome to Disney World!
EPCOT. We have 8:05 breakfast at Akershus with the Princesses. I figure as we're here already, we might as well take a look at World Showcase. Maybe get some rides in first in Future World. And then watch Illuminations that evening.

Day 3 - Tuesday 20th
Hollywood Studios. I'm thinking all day at the park. We can catch the 3pm parade (if poss) then we've got a 3:45 diner at Hollywood Brown Derby (Fantasmic! Package). Then we're free til Fantasmic, which that night is at park closing of 8:30pm.

Day 4 - Wednesday 21st
Animal Kingdom. We have breakfast at Tusker House with Donald at 9:25am. The park opens at 9am so I'm hoping we can get fastpass for the safari that morning before we go in to breakfast and then ride straight after (hope we're not on the back or we'll be sicky ). As we're here I figure we'll spend the day here. The parade is at 3:45 and it's EMH's til 9pm.

Day 5 - Thursday 22nd
Magic Kingdom. Later than I planned holiday wise but we had ADRs on the other days. Spend the day at the park and if we're awake, watch Spectro and Wishes that night.

Day 6 - Friday 23rd
Sleepy start I'm sure but we have ADRs for CRT at 8:25am. Might spend the day here or might pop over to EPCOT in the afternoon. I think you can spend longer wandering around EPCOT but we'll see. Nothing set in stone. If we're tired we'll chill out. Epcot is open til midnight on EMHs and it's grad night at MK.

Day 7 - Saturday 24th - Andy and My BIRTHDAY!
We have a totally free daytime. I figured we'd see what we wanted to do. It's a sat and grad night so prob very busy. We do have diner booked at Chef Mickey's at 7:35pm. YAY! Maybe a mall day or downtown disney.

Day 8 - Sunday 25th
Magic Kingdom day. It's open til 2am this day so lots of time. We have a Cali Grill booking at 9:05pm, so fingers crossed we can eat and watch Wishes. I'd like them to have seen it in the park before now if poss though, to get the full experience.

Day 9 - Monday 26th
Chill day. Either our second Hollywood Studios Day or total Chill. Maybe also some EPCOT time.

Day 10 - Tuesday 27th
Another chill day. If we didn't do HS the day before then this is our second HS day. Depends how sleepy we are that day.

Day 12 - Wednesday 28th
Animal Kingdom's 2nd day. It's open late this day, so it makes most sense. But it is our last night so we'll see.

Day 13 - Thursday 29th - Last Day
Chill morning. We're not flying til 8:30 that night so I figure we've got til about 4. I'm thinking we use the morning to do the things we wanna repeat most. Then I've booked, as a surprise for Andy, a lunch at T-Rex (DTD). It's at 12:30 so we've got time in the morning but aren't panicking as we eat.

Day 14 - Friday 30th Arrive home, sleep

And that's it. So... whatcha think?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 10, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Wow! You are an amazing friend, the time and effort you are putting in to this is unbelievable. I hope you all have a fantastic time especially you cos you have earned it !
Thank you, that's really sweet

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
I love it, you are so kind to do all that for them. They are going to have such a fab time!
I'm going to have to see if I can borrow a few idea for the kids if you don't mind of course!
Be my guest. Most of my ideas are pinched from others
Old 5 Apr 10, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, here's the pics I said I'd post.

This is the package for at the airport (Sorry it's a bad quality pic):

And this is the one for when they arrive at the hotel:

Oh, I forgot that they'll also be one of these in their welcome packs ($1 each and Andy's $20):

And finally, I forgot that I made these. They contain a packet of opal fruits/starbursts each. I figured we could have some UK sweets while out there...but with a Disney twist:
Old 5 Apr 10, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I was sorting out all the tickets the other day and they just looked so cute, so I had to take a photo (told you photoholic). I was lying out the tickets and seperating them by designs (some repeats) so that I could divide them between us all.

I then made some envelopes to put them in. Basically they are small adapted mousekeeping envelopes.

Old 5 Apr 10, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Wow, how busy have you been making sure that your friends have everything they need for Disney. Maybe using some of you ideas for our next trip.

Hope you all have a great time and look forward to reading all about when you get back.

Have a safe trip
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 10, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh WOW! What a holiday you and your friends are going to have! I think we have used the same designer as well! I made a ton of the same sort of things for my Mum and my boys for our last trip!

Think DH will kill me if I plan on doing it all again this time as it cost a small fortune in ink!

Can't wait to read all about your holiday looks like you will have an absoulute ball!

Have a great time!

Carreen
xxx
Old 5 Apr 10, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Wow, how busy have you been making sure that your friends have everything they need for Disney. Maybe using some of you ideas for our next trip.

Hope you all have a great time and look forward to reading all about when you get back.

Have a safe trip
Thank you. Go for it! It's addictive but fun.

Originally Posted by caz1712 View Post
Oh WOW! What a holiday you and your friends are going to have! I think we have used the same designer as well! I made a ton of the same sort of things for my Mum and my boys for our last trip!

Think DH will kill me if I plan on doing it all again this time as it cost a small fortune in ink!

Can't wait to read all about your holiday looks like you will have an absoulute ball!

Have a great time!

Carreen
xxx
LOL yep I've gone through a couple of ink cartridges myself!
Old 5 Apr 10, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm gobsmacked at the wonderful designs and materials you have prepared! Outstanding!
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 10, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you to be fair though, I've had a LOT of help from fellow disney fans in terms of ideas and designs.
Old 6 Apr 10, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a huge amount of effort has gone in to all of these things - you are such a good friend

Hope you all have a fab time and can't wait for the trip report!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List