Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 08, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by justus2again View Post
Oh dont you just want to be there now all these memories. We had a villa last november just the 2 of us the freedom we felt was amazing dont think we would do a hotel again either
Snap! we were in a villa just the two of us last November.

I agree with everything that's already been said - just the freedom of having loads of space and the pool to sit round and play cards after a day at the parks or sit with your feet in the pool with a nice drink. I don't think I could bear a hotel room even for the two of us again in Orlando.

This year the grandchildren can go comfortably to bed while we can all have a chat without disturbing them.
Old 31 Aug 08, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Well you have all made us look forward even more to our holiday.

We leave in four weeks and need a good break.

Cheers all!

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Our first two visits to Orlando consisted of Bus Transportation to a Hotel on I Drive.

My work colleague had purchased a new build off the US27, and was encouraging me to take advantage of it. Well as there are only two of us and the significant rise in cost, Hotel v Villa I thought not. Until that is...we had a bad experience in the Hotel with noisey neighbours!

After two further visits using his Villa I would not return to a Hotel. In fact you would have to drag me back there kicking or screaming!

Much more private.
Much more room.
Much less arguments!
Much more cheap Beer by the Pool!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nattyk
Imagineer

we are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) and we always stay in a villa as the thought of 2wks in one room with 5 of us - no thanks!

love all the space - the kids can spend ages in the pool morning, noon or night - being able to have b'fast at the villa -- our 'own' room! being able to wash the clothes when i want... watch TV in our room or the living room...

love getting back late from the parks - kids in bed - dh has a cold beer, me a cup of tea (sad I know! ) and sit in the jacuzzi - blisssssss

However would still love to say onsite in one for the luxury hotels but only for acouple of nights...

but villa is the only way to go for us...

roll on xmas 2009!

x
2008 (April) - Villa Windsor Hills, 2009 (Dec) - Villa Tuscan Hills, 2012 (Aug) Regal Palms/Marco Island 2013 (Aug) NY & Orlando, 2015 (Aug) AMI & Orlando, 2016 (Aug) Cabana Bay & AMI, 2017 (Dec) Orlando Villa Formosa Gardens
nattyk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ros & Jim
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Villainlover View Post
being able to leave your inflatables by the pool and not have to negotiate them in the lifts and through the hotel.
This really made me smile and got me wondering - what did you do with them when you got back to the room? Did you put Shamu in the bath, lay a lilo on the bed or stand it in the shower, the mind boggles? !
Old 31 Aug 08, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotdee
Proud to wear my Ears

Scotdee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
When the parks get too hot, or crowded we love to escape back to the villa and just chill out round the pool in peace and quiet, with a fridge full of snacks and ice cold drinks. Recharge the old batteries for the evening outing. Bliss
Do you have to pay for parking again when you go back later in the day or is your original parking ticket still valid?
Scotdee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Originally Posted by rusty30 View Post
We usually breakfast at the villa - get in cereal, bread, marmalade, milk & juice.

Sometimes I'll cook the kids a healthy tea as I hate the unoriginal kids meals on offer - just something simple like pasta with a veggie sauce and cheese for example.

DH has always threatened a BBQ but there are too many brill restaurants to eat at to bother! We keep wine, beers, nibbles like tortillas, dips, trail mix, jelly beans, cookies in for snacking. Lots of American soda drinks - diet cherry 7Up, vanilla Dr Pepper for example!

Lots of pool time, relaxing in the evenings watching TV or out by the pool - sometimes we will get in a takeaway (all the restaurants do them - Outback, chilis etc) makes a change if you dont feel like dressing up to go out.

One thing I hate about hotels is tripping over each other and the stuff you buy so we like having our own space! We keep one room for all our unpacked cases and our shopping so the villa stays nice and tidy!

The best thing about a villa is being REALLY able to relax - coming back to a small hotel room when you are hot and sweaty - then all fighting for the one bathroom - YUK. Villas have numerous bathrooms so you can all freshen up at your leisure, put on your PJs and slob about - wander to the fridge, grab a beer or soda, dip your feet in the pool - total bliss!
What she said

Jodie
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
steery1
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at...

Homewood Suites Universal (1 bed)
Springhill Suites LBV (1 bed)
Beach Club Villas (1 bed)
Homewood Suites I Drive (1 bed)
Boardwalk Villas (1 bed)
Coronado Springs

Havent had a bad experience at any of them. Some of them are better than others. Some are on site, some are off site. Some are delux DVC properties but I think my favourite is Coronado Springs. (Maybe thats because its the most recent).

If you notice all of them except Coronado are suites. This is for the extra room. I like my space and am somewhat of a light sleeper. Odd then that the only non suite (Coronado) is my favourite.

I've always thought about booking a villa but just never did. I like being close to WDW or Universal. But reading throug this thread has really made me want to try a vill next time.
I already have booked flights for next June/July and have been looking at booking accomodation. Was thinking of AKL Villas or Coronado Springs, so keep going guys - talk me out of it. Tell me of a great Villa area thats clean, highly recommended and importantly - close to WDW?

Edited at 11:05 PM.
steery1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Robster View Post
Much more cheap Beer by the Pool!
You know I completely forgot about that one... that's a most compelling arguement if ever I heard one

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
I havent stayed in a hotel since 1990.
After our first Villa holiday, nothing would entice me back for more than a day or two.
The space,
The freedom,
Doing things when I want to, without wondering what other people think.
My favorite thing, is getting back from a park, late, [as late as 2am] grabbing a drink, sitting with throbbing feet in the pool, chatting about the great day we have had.