Old 13 Aug 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Deano123 View Post
Hi all

We have booked a night in the All Star Music Resort as we wanted to do one night in a Disney hotel before our Villa is available for check in the following day. From using the info I found on this thread, we are going to really benefit from the early access and magic bands provided with the booking.

I am trying to personalise the magic bands as the hotel is now in MDE. It won't let me progress without supplying a USA address so is there a way to still personalise them without using a personal shopper?

Cheers
You should be able to customise them without issue. Just put your mailing address in (or leave it blank so it picks up the address in your account). You'll have a message saying that if your address is not in the United States that you will need to pick up the bands at the resort.

I've just double checked mine in my account and my address showing is my UK address and the magic bands are all personalised just fine. If you're still having an issue, then it may be an IT/website issue and best to call Disney IT.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

It has my UK address but wants a phone number as a mandatory field. It won't accept my UK number and won't progress without one.
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123

Just used the good old 555 555 1234 as it said it wouldn't be used for any contact... all sorted now so thanks for the advice. Getting really excited now.
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
You should be able to customise them without issue. Just put your mailing address in (or leave it blank so it picks up the address in your account). You'll have a message saying that if your address is not in the United States that you will need to pick up the bands at the resort.

I've just double checked mine in my account and my address showing is my UK address and the magic bands are all personalised just fine. If you're still having an issue, then it may be an IT/website issue and best to call Disney IT.
I have the hotel booked for the 20th October and the fast pass calendar only shows up to and including the 12th September. When will it change to show me 60 days before we arrive?
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

it will change 60 days prior to your checkin day. It will then let you book for the day of checking and all days upto the day you check out. the other days will the open up as they hit the 60 day mark.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
it will change 60 days prior to your checkin day. It will then let you book for the day of checking and all days upto the day you check out. the other days will the open up as they hit the 60 day mark.
Thanks for the reply... love this forum
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Deano123 View Post
It has my UK address but wants a phone number as a mandatory field. It won't accept my UK number and won't progress without one.
ok, my phone number field is blank and has never been a problem. Are you sure it's a mandatory field? It's not 'starred' as a mandatory field in mine? I'm currently looking in MDE on the computer rather than in the app. Maybe that makes a difference?

If it still gives you trouble put the resort phone number in, but you should be able to leave that line blank.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Hi
We are staying at a villa for 3 weeks next August. Want to book the campsite for a couple of nights the 3rad week. If I use fairytale personal shopper, and use an American address, how far in advance are the magic bands posted? Also if I buy my Disney tickets not through Disney but through ATD or similar and link them through mde will the tickets be on the new magic bands that they ship and can enter the parks as normal using them.
TIA
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chazb View Post
Hi
We are staying at a villa for 3 weeks next August. Want to book the campsite for a couple of nights the 3rad week. If I use fairytale personal shopper, and use an American address, how far in advance are the magic bands posted? Also if I buy my Disney tickets not through Disney but through ATD or similar and link them through mde will the tickets be on the new magic bands that they ship and can enter the parks as normal using them.
TIA
Ours were posted to the fairytale shopper around 4 weeks before our stay at the campsite and took 3 days to arrive so if you're not staying at the hotel till the 3rd week of your holiday they should arrive in time but will be cutting it quite close to the start of your holiday. Your bands will link in your mde with your tickets once you add them, it doesn't matter if you buy them from Disney or an outside seller, we booked with ATD and florida tix and it all linked fine. The only thing I would suggest is staying at the campsite towards the start of the holiday rather than your last week as your 60 day fastpass selections will only start from your check in day, meaning you'll make more use of it than if you book in your final week. If you aren't too worried about the 60 days, it doesn't matter when you book it, and I know some people rather book the campsite towards the end if August as it is much cheaper than the start, so both options have their pros and cons. Hope this helps. ☺
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jaspr
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Booking time

We're heading to do our one night throwaway campsite tomorrow. There is a suggestion that some people might not get the campsite booking they want. This Forum is FULL of people that book things early sometimes a couple of years! If I want to book somewhere I do it early or book somewhere else. Unavailability of a space either in a hotel or campsite is down to prior planning. I dont think about anyone who's missed out on a cheap flight because I booked it early, so why would I in this case ? As someone has previously stated it's a service offered by Disney that is paid for, it's available for anyone to book as soon as disney make it available on their website.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is mine and hopefully respectful to others.
X Love and Peace everyone X
jaspr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List