Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Nov 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip, I really enjoyed reading it, it brought back lots of memories. You forget how much there is to see and do in Rome besides the obvious but it's great that most of it is walkable.

I feel you with the older kids undecided on holidays with us. Mine are 19 & 22 and it's hard to plan far out as they are unsure whether they will travel with their friends etc
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip, I really enjoyed reading it, it brought back lots of memories. You forget how much there is to see and do in Rome besides the obvious but it's great that most of it is walkable.

I feel you with the older kids undecided on holidays with us. Mine are 19 & 22 and it's hard to plan far out as they are unsure whether they will travel with their friends etc
I enjoyed writing it as well so it was my pleasure to share with you. It's always nice to read reports that bring back your own memories of holidays and I'm glad it brought back so many happy memories for you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Fantastic last day Abby, we love to visit a park or a green area of the city too, it’s always nice to see the local people relaxing and using their green spaces.

You packed so much in, lots of beautiful sights, fantastic food and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the Aperol Spritz. Such a shame that you had the stress of Max having to be tested at the airport

I feel your sadness at Max deciding not to go with you next summer. Our boys were the same when they were around that age too, although Georgia still loves to come with us at 21. I feel sad that we’ve lost the last 2 years of travelling overseas with her though as I do realise she’s not going to want to travel with us for very much longer 😢

Thank you for taking the time to write another of your excellent trip reports. I look forward to reading the next one 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Thanks for sharing! Rome looks beautiful 😍
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

All good things come to an end, I think this was my favourite day with all the photos….belissimo

What a faff with Max at the airport but as you say easily sorted, annoying that it prayed on your mind all night but at least with the restaurant making a fuss it wasn’t quite as unexpected.

I still can’t get over the Aperol Spritz once again the food and restaurant photos are making me drool-and I also could just eat some pistachio ice cream…I wonder if I should take the dog for walk down the beach and see if the gelato shop is open

Have you heard anything back from your lack of Meet & Greet yet?

I don’t want to think about Max not being up for going on holiday with you perhaps I need to get Florida booked up instead of being all laid back about our return…time is ticking a little too fast
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Fantastic last day Abby, we love to visit a park or a green area of the city too, it’s always nice to see the local people relaxing and using their green spaces.

You packed so much in, lots of beautiful sights, fantastic food and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the Aperol Spritz. Such a shame that you had the stress of Max having to be tested at the airport

I feel your sadness at Max deciding not to go with you next summer. Our boys were the same when they were around that age too, although Georgia still loves to come with us at 21. I feel sad that we’ve lost the last 2 years of travelling overseas with her though as I do realise she’s not going to want to travel with us for very much longer 😢

Thank you for taking the time to write another of your excellent trip reports. I look forward to reading the next one 😀
The park was lovely, we barely scratched the surface of it though and we were all feeling our aching feet by that point.

I am sad Max has decided he doesn't want to holiday with us next year, but it's not wholly unexpected and as you say often it is the way at this age...I do feel sad we missed out on trips over the last year, but then none of us can have that time back and we have all got tales of things we've missed out on. All in all I can't complain as over the years we've had some fantastic trips and we've been able to take our kids to some amazing places. I'm grateful for the time we've had and hopeful for more times to come when he's a little older.

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Thanks for sharing! Rome looks beautiful 😍
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Rome really is a beautiful city.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
All good things come to an end, I think this was my favourite day with all the photos….belissimo

What a faff with Max at the airport but as you say easily sorted, annoying that it prayed on your mind all night but at least with the restaurant making a fuss it wasn’t quite as unexpected.

I still can’t get over the Aperol Spritz once again the food and restaurant photos are making me drool-and I also could just eat some pistachio ice cream…I wonder if I should take the dog for walk down the beach and see if the gelato shop is open

Have you heard anything back from your lack of Meet & Greet yet?

I don’t want to think about Max not being up for going on holiday with you perhaps I need to get Florida booked up instead of being all laid back about our return…time is ticking a little too fast
Yep, I was kicking myself we hadn't got Max tested when Kate had hers, but it did all work out fine and the system and testing set up at the airport was really good, plus cheap...just €20, whereas all the UK covid tests seem to be way more than this for in person tests.

The pistachio ice cream was sooo good. I could definitely eat some of that right now.

I've tried phoning the meet and greet a few times but no answer, and no option to leave a message. I'm trying to forget about it and wait for the credit card to sort it out.

I'm trying to be a big girl about Max! It's easier said than done. I know he's practically an adult, he's allowed to make decisions for himself, some of which I will agree with and some of which I won't, but it is his choice. That's the sensible side of me. If I allow myself to think about it too much then the emotional side of me wishes this little boy was still going to come with us to Florida next summer...

And then my heart aches.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic last day! I can't believe how much you squeezed in to such a short time in Rome, you certainly maximised your days Even though I went with my exDH it holds some really fond memories and I'd love to go back to explore some more. Thank you for writing all about it!

I'm sad to read that Max won't be joining you next year but totally understand his reasonings. If it wasn't for the fact we are getting married next year, I don't think Sam would be going with us and it will be our last family holiday for a while. However we can't get shot of Hope yet

I can't wait to hear about your DVC plans! How many weeks do you have a year? Will you do a mixture of Coronado and Copper Creek? Oh and what dates? Would be fantastic if you are out there at the same time as us!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 11:57 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a fantastic last day! I can't believe how much you squeezed in to such a short time in Rome, you certainly maximised your days Even though I went with my exDH it holds some really fond memories and I'd love to go back to explore some more. Thank you for writing all about it!

I'm sad to read that Max won't be joining you next year but totally understand his reasonings. If it wasn't for the fact we are getting married next year, I don't think Sam would be going with us and it will be our last family holiday for a while. However we can't get shot of Hope yet

I can't wait to hear about your DVC plans! How many weeks do you have a year? Will you do a mixture of Coronado and Copper Creek? Oh and what dates? Would be fantastic if you are out there at the same time as us!
Now I know what I need to do to force Max to come...renew our vowels! 🤣 OK so I won't do that. Max is enjoying his independence, he's got money in his pocket from working at McDonald's, he's in the last year of 6th form and he's far more interested in spending his time with his friends than with us. I remember how that feels and of course it's a natural part of growing up so I'm really pleased for him, I'm just a bit sad for me that he won't be with us.

For next summer I'm hoping for a 3 week trip from around 26th July to 16th August. I haven't booked flights yet, because I've been hoping Max would change his mind...but I should just accept it as a fact he's not coming and get on it. As for all the hotels I want to stay at with the DVC points, well I need to remember I've got them for the next 50 years so I don't need to try and fit everything in all in one trip. Lol. I've got eyes bigger than my belly, or bigger than my dvc points allowance will stretch.

It would be lovely if our trip dates overlapped in Orlando next summer. It would be fab to meet up with you again.

A x

Old 30 Jan 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Great report and I also love a negroni! We’re going to Rome in August so I’m getting useful tips! What was the restaurant with all the pictures on the walls and fancy toilets?
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Great report and I also love a negroni! We’re going to Rome in August so I’m getting useful tips! What was the restaurant with all the pictures on the walls and fancy toilets?
That was a great restaurant and barely a minute away from the Trevi Fountain. I just checked our photos and i couldn't find one of the front with the name, but a quick look at the photo location on Google maps and found out it is called Hostaria Trevi, it's on the right of the fountain along the road Via del-Lavatore.

I hope you have a good trip this summer