Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Who’s started to think towards Christmas?

As the title asks
Who’s looking towards Christmas now? Starting to think presents etc
I think I’ve seen something dd1 will like the new Fitbit ace or whatever it’s called she’s been after a tracker for a while (shes8!)
And three of them want stunt scooters!
I think gone are the days of toys as such
Also starting to look towards getting decorating started (and please god
Finished) before Christmas.
With at least four rooms to do and the stairway as well as new flooring
Has anyone else started planning?
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve already bought 3 presents!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Don’t particularly enjoy Christmas. I had hoped to go away this year but it does look to be happening. I have already bought quite a few presents in sales though. Hopefully if I am more organised then I may enjoy it a little more !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Noooooooo, not the C word already

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile

Went to a card shop the other day and they already have Christmas cards in there. Can’t believe how quickly this year has gone. My daughter has started to give me some hints on what she would like and I’ve started to think about family etc. Not bought anything yet but I will probably start in September
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I've bought presents already too - I start really early though and always pick up bits and pieces in the sales like christmas socks or pjs and although I can't usually get any main bits early (due to forever changing minds ) its just a case of looking out for deals.

I got one recently for DD, she's really getting into make up and at the moment thinks she would like to be a make up artist - she saw a set of make up brushes she wanted and put them on her list as they were £65 - then I saw an offer where you got that exact brush set for free if you bought fake bake tanning water for £24.99 seemed a bit too good to be true so did a bit of digging, then decided to chance it and order and they arrived a couple of days later I'm always on the lookout for a bargain
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve been thinking about it since June! not sure what’s happened this year, I think since I’ve been diagnosed with coeliac and gone gluten free I’ve become this whole new excitable person!

I’ve started making lists and I’m going to start the shopping when I get paid this month. I’m also really excited as I want to re do my tree this year!

Autumn and winter are my favourites, can’t wait for cosy nights, Christmas trees, Christmas markets ect ect
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Christmas is hitting the forefront of conversations here - DD18 (on a gap year... or 2... or 3...) is moving out to live with her beau (at uni) and getting a job etc... 2 hours away. It hit her yesterday "if I get a retail or catering job, I might not get time off at Christmas, but we have to have Christmas back here, muuuuuumm, what do I do...?"

trying to placate her was a little heartbreaking... telling someone kindly, that essentially it is tough, you are in the real world now... without killing their spirit is quite tricky.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Oh goody! Not long until the Easter Eggs are in the shops now.

Nothing bought in the Morrow household yet. And it won't be for many Months.

I do so admire those people though who think so far ahead and can nab a bargain. I tend to wait for the Amazon Black Friday date.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Only buy for DS and partner. It is our Anniversary and our birthdays whilst we are in Florida so go to one of our favourite away from it all restaurants.

Edited at 08:16 AM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List