Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Definately don't agree about Illuminations,we adore it!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Illuminations is on my list.

Actually, how do I find out what other night shows there are?
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Good post but also a huge fan of illuminations, sad to see it going. We can't all like the same things!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

re Illuminations I thought some might disagree, but surely its nostalgia for those who like it?

That interminable globe showing a cringey Americanised view of the world (with blurry projections), sub-par fireworks, droll music, no flow or pacing whatsoever

I watched Illuminations two nights after Happily, was really looking forward to it partly because of people raving about it on here, but frankly we all thought it was pretty rubbish and well past its sell by date, no surprise its getting the chop

I would be very amazed if any Disney newbie like me didn't think the same if they watched Happily first followed by Illuminations, the difference in quality is startling
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Illuminations is on my list.

Actually, how do I find out what other night shows there are?
All on here

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/parkhours.php
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks monkfish
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by monkfish72 View Post
re Illuminations I thought some might disagree, but surely its nostalgia for those who like it?

That interminable globe showing a cringey Americanised view of the world (with blurry projections), sub-par fireworks, droll music, no flow or pacing whatsoever

I watched Illuminations two nights after Happily, was really looking forward to it partly because of people raving about it on here, but frankly we all thought it was pretty rubbish and well past its sell by date, no surprise its getting the chop

I would be very amazed if any Disney newbie like me didn't think the same if they watched Happily first followed by Illuminations, the difference in quality is startling
Everyone likes different thing personally its the music and atmosphere, sitting on the floor with lots of room listening to the soundtrack and watching the lights fireworks and music makes my holiday,I will be sad when it goes!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That interminable globe showing a cringey Americanised view of the world (with blurry projections)
It's a funny statement to make when, arguably, you are in a theme park resort that projects a cringey Americanised view of the world. Many of us spend thousands of pounds and travel thousands of miles for that "cringey Americanised view".

sub-par fireworks
Unless things have changed in the last 3 years or so, I would disagree that the fireworks were sub-par. They may not be as good as some of the other fireworks at Disney (I haven't seen Happily Ever After), but they are far better than any non-Disney firework show I've been to. Compared to the fireworks at Universal, they are awesome.

The rest about droll music and the like is purely subjective. You didn't like it, others will.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's a funny statement to make when, arguably, you are in a theme park resort that projects a cringey Americanised view of the world. Many of us spend thousands of pounds and travel thousands of miles for that "cringey Americanised view".
Very little about Disney made me cringe apart from that, totally schmaltzy Americanised tosh yes - but hard not to get wrapped up in it all and find it utterly charming and endearing - and I'm a cynical Brit who still had tears in his eyes at the end of Happily

Right from the start with the wisecracking car park tram drivers onwards I was sucked in and easily sold the Disney Magic

I am not sure how they make a grown man hugging Chip n Dale not feel awkward, but fair play they did
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Very little about Disney made me cringe apart from that, totally schmaltzy Americanised tosh yes - but hard not to get wrapped up in it all and find it utterly charming and endearing - and I'm a cynical Brit who still had tears in his eyes at the end of Happily

Right from the start with the wisecracking car park tram drivers onwards I was sucked in and easily sold the Disney Magic

I am not sure how they make a grown man hugging Chip n Dale not feel awkward, but fair play they did
The shows in Magic Kingdom and Epcot cant be compared the parks are completely different, one makes you believe that Fairies are real and the other introduces you to the world and other cultures, the shows reflect this,we will be in Epcot on the last ever showing of illuminations and yes I will have tears in my eyes.
Talking of Happily ever after it is incredible but when talking about pulling on the heart strings it doesn't come anywhere near close to Wishes did!