Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We did this last week! Started in HS because it was open so early(7am, but we rocked up around 8.15), had booked fastpasses there, had a coffee and a doughnut, boat to Epcot( in through International Gateway) and had breakfast in France(delish I might add!). Got fast pass for Soarin’, also went on the boat ride in Mexico. Then the monorail to MK, went to Philarmagic and then a fast pass for Barnstormer, had lunch in Be Our Guest. Finally got the bus to AK, had a fast pass for Kali, but the weather came in and they closed it, so had an anytime fast pass and went on the safari, then Bugs Life. Had a coffee and tea there whilst sheltering from the torrential downpour, then got the bus to AKL for dinner at Boma. Fab day if tiring! Fast pass is your friend, get hate er you can as soon as you are ready to leave a park then keep amending it until you get a decent time.
Wow you managed to fit quite alot in! I'm feeling much more positive about it now, thanks ...I'm sure it'll be fun! And if not there's always the drinking around the world plan previously mentioned
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Maybe a drink in each park too? And a signature pose for each photo?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've just done this a week ago too!

We started in AK, EMH from 7am but we didn't get their until about 7.30. We had 2 FP 1st for dinosaur around 8 and then FOP at 9.15. You don't need to use all 3 in 1 park before getting more...We only had the 2 and then went on to book Tower of Terror at HS. I don't know when this changed, but it was a great tip from Tim Tracker vlogs.

Anyway, in our challenge we met a character, had a photopass, did a ride and had at least a snack in all the parks. We also used all the Disney transport. It was an amazing day.

It was our last trip to AK of this trip and we rope dropped Navi river, then onto Expedition Everest and primeval whirl before our dinosaur FP and then onto FOP. We met Dug and Russell from Up and had a photo in front of the tree of life. I think we just had donuts for breakfast.

We caught the bus to HS and were there by about 11am. We met Daisy in the entrance. We went on star tours and had an early lunch at Backlot Epxress. Then there was a massive storm, but we did make it to ToT for the FP. We did RnR single rider.

We caught the boat to Epcot and ate in France, going the long way round World Showcase. We went on figment and mission space. We got a FP for the character spot which I was really happy with.

Then the monorail to MK. We arrived around 4pm and went in to see Tink. It was our longest wait at about 30 minutes, we were that family sitting on the floor shuffling along! It was great to just be in the aircon. Then we caught the train over to frontierland and had dinner at Pecos Bill's. We saw an impromptu performance of a hoe down with cast members and characters from country bear jamboree. We went on Pirates and then the tea cups. DH and DS were wiped out and it was looking stormy so they went back to the resort. Me and DD stayed in the park and did monsters Inc laugh floor followed by carousel of progress. This turned out to be a fab idea as sitting in the air con for these shows really revived us! We ended up staying until closing and going on under the sea and Haunted mansion.

We were tired by the end of it, but it was amazing. I had planned a no park day for the day after so we could have a proper lie in and just laze about the pool. This was really needed.

So I would say your plan will be fine and you shouldn't have any problems completing the challenge. I hope you have a brilliant time trying it out. Good luck!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Maybe a drink in each park too? And a signature pose for each photo?
I really like your thinking ...I shall defo mention it to the hubby as possible additions to the challenge
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is always our last day fun when we go. We normally do HS, then AK, MK (via EPCOT Monorail), the end with a beer in the UK in EPCOT this is a bit of a toast to the end of the holiday and we are going home.

We don't normally do food, it is just a ride and a photo for us...

One year we even made this a six park challenge including the universal parks as well... it certainly made me sleep well on the flight home the next day!
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've just done this a week ago too!

We started in AK, EMH from 7am but we didn't get their until about 7.30. We had 2 FP 1st for dinosaur around 8 and then FOP at 9.15. You don't need to use all 3 in 1 park before getting more...We only had the 2 and then went on to book Tower of Terror at HS. I don't know when this changed, but it was a great tip from Tim Tracker vlogs.

Anyway, in our challenge we met a character, had a photopass, did a ride and had at least a snack in all the parks. We also used all the Disney transport. It was an amazing day.

It was our last trip to AK of this trip and we rope dropped Navi river, then onto Expedition Everest and primeval whirl before our dinosaur FP and then onto FOP. We met Dug and Russell from Up and had a photo in front of the tree of life. I think we just had donuts for breakfast.

We caught the bus to HS and were there by about 11am. We met Daisy in the entrance. We went on star tours and had an early lunch at Backlot Epxress. Then there was a massive storm, but we did make it to ToT for the FP. We did RnR single rider.

We caught the boat to Epcot and ate in France, going the long way round World Showcase. We went on figment and mission space. We got a FP for the character spot which I was really happy with.

Then the monorail to MK. We arrived around 4pm and went in to see Tink. It was our longest wait at about 30 minutes, we were that family sitting on the floor shuffling along! It was great to just be in the aircon. Then we caught the train over to frontierland and had dinner at Pecos Bill's. We saw an impromptu performance of a hoe down with cast members and characters from country bear jamboree. We went on Pirates and then the tea cups. DH and DS were wiped out and it was looking stormy so they went back to the resort. Me and DD stayed in the park and did monsters Inc laugh floor followed by carousel of progress. This turned out to be a fab idea as sitting in the air con for these shows really revived us! We ended up staying until closing and going on under the sea and Haunted mansion.

We were tired by the end of it, but it was amazing. I had planned a no park day for the day after so we could have a proper lie in and just laze about the pool. This was really needed.

So I would say your plan will be fine and you shouldn't have any problems completing the challenge. I hope you have a brilliant time trying it out. Good luck!
Yay! Thanks so much! How cool...it really does sound like great fun! We're really looking forward to trying something new...can't believe we've never got round to it before tbh. And as it's our last full day we'll be able to have a relatively chilled morning the next day to recover before we sleep the whole journey home so hopefully that'll work out fine
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
This is always our last day fun when we go. We normally do HS, then AK, MK (via EPCOT Monorail), the end with a beer in the UK in EPCOT this is a bit of a toast to the end of the holiday and we are going home.

We don't normally do food, it is just a ride and a photo for us...

One year we even made this a six park challenge including the universal parks as well... it certainly made me sleep well on the flight home the next day!
Oaft! 6 parks?! Wow! Think we'll defo need to add that to the list for the next trip thanks
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Last time we did AK - bus - HS - boat - EPCOT - monorail - MK.
We left MK to last primarily for night time entertainment and also greater 4+FP availability.
It was also pre-Pandora / Rivers of Light so AK rarely had evening hours.

This time round we're planning to do it on our last full day
MK - Monorail - Epcot - Walk/Boat - HS - Bus - AK

Magic Kingdom is first as it has EMH on that day. We're hoping to ride one headliner in each park, meet Mickey in each park, signature photo and whatever else we can manage. We're saving FP all until AK in order to have one last ride on Flight of Passage although this might make HS plans tricky in the afternoon.
There won't be an ADR schedule to stick to as lunch will be Food & Wine and dinner will be Landry's Card Rainforest Cafe in AK.

Whatever you choose it will be a fun and exhausting day. The last time remains one of our kids most memorable park days
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Last time we did AK - bus - HS - boat - EPCOT - monorail - MK.
We left MK to last primarily for night time entertainment and also greater 4+FP availability.
It was also pre-Pandora / Rivers of Light so AK rarely had evening hours.

This time round we're planning to do it on our last full day
MK - Monorail - Epcot - Walk/Boat - HS - Bus - AK

Magic Kingdom is first as it has EMH on that day. We're hoping to ride one headliner in each park, meet Mickey in each park, signature photo and whatever else we can manage. We're saving FP all until AK in order to have one last ride on Flight of Passage although this might make HS plans tricky in the afternoon.
There won't be an ADR schedule to stick to as lunch will be Food & Wine and dinner will be Landry's Card Rainforest Cafe in AK.

Whatever you choose it will be a fun and exhausting day. The last time remains one of our kids most memorable park days
Great, thank you! It’s so good to know that you guys all recommend it as being a fab fun day! I’m really hoping it’ll become a new Disney family tradition 😀.

And so glad you mentioned the Landry’s card as we’d actually forgotten we had one 😂...we’re only at YC for our last 2 nights so no dining plan...hoping the card will come in very handy!
Old 27 Aug 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did 5 parks in one day! 3 rides in each park, pressed penny buy a pin a photo in front of the park and a snack in each park! We started off at animal kingdom then went to blizzard beach next was Hollywood studios and this is where we used our three fast passes next to Epcot and we gained another fp to use while we were there then onto magic kingdom and fireworks! It’s great fun! If you want to read about our day it’s on the “if you can dream it you can do it” trip report

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List