Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I always go for a look around all the resorts at Christmas to see all the decorations,wouldn't dream of trying to use the pools,but shock horror we've plonked ourselves on sunloungers on the beach at the Beach Club and sat in the sun for a while,sat on a rocking chair at AKL,and on the comfy sofas in the Grand Floridian..should I feel guilty for doing so?
We SHOCK HORROR took the lift up to the Monorail platform to get to MK at the GF. We were guests at CBR though so not as nefarious as the dreaded offsiters

And if you come to visit CBR, make sure you don't step a foot on the beaches or take a dip in the village pools! I'll come and tut at you!

And what's this obsession with people using towels? o_O They're not rare diamonds, lol

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We watched wishes from just in front of the castle just behind fp spots. AMAZING wouldn't sit anywhere else everybody sitting on the warm floor bliss
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like a load of snobbery to me. Next thing some people will be wanting is "no rifraf" signs everywhere. As far as Disney are concerned all resorts were open for everyone who wanted to go and look around. If people have abused this trust by moving patio furniture etc; then who can blame them for making these rules. It is down to Disney not guests to who is allowed on their property.
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by ROBBERIFFIC View Post
Sounds like a load of snobbery to me. Next thing some people will be wanting is "no rifraf" signs everywhere. As far as Disney are concerned all resorts were open for everyone who wanted to go and look around. If people have abused this trust by moving patio furniture etc; then who can blame them for making these rules. It is down to Disney not guests to who is allowed on their property.
I think the no viewing from the beach rule is because of the construction work going on. There isnt much beach left.

As to whether it will continue to be enforced post construction is a story for another day.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I was getting quite worried about this as we have booked Ohana's for 3rd July and contacted Disney to see if we would be able to access the beach, this is the reply I received

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that Magic Kingdom fireworks are visible from 'Ohana restaurant and the beach area at Disney's Polynesia Resort is open to guests of the resort and restaurants. Also, the Electrical Water Pageant will go by the resort at 9:00pm on July 3, 2014 and will be at Magic Kingdom park at 10:25pm.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

We look forward to seeing you in July!

Sincerely,

Lee Hampton

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Thank you for your reply.

Will we be able to see the 9pm fireworks from Ohana's?

Can we get access to the beach area at the Polynesian Resort?

Will we be able to see the Water Pageant at 10.25 from the Polynesian Resort?

Thank you,

Fiona
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

That'll be the same team that told me I was mistaken re construction work at the Poly when I enquired last Sept ahead of my stay there in October I guess and that there wouldn't be a problem with me requesting the longhouse I was hoping for ( the one they built infront of). I'm afraid they know as much as we do... Sometimes less.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
alibabaxx
Very Serious Dibber

Are people miffed at the thought of 'offsite guests ' with wristbands visiting the resorts or is this hostility towards other 'on site ' guests visiting and viewing the facilities ? We stay on site but visit all the other hotels and resorts usually for food and drink using the restaurant facilities. Whilst there I think we have a right to look round and take in the different atmospheres. Whilst I wouldn't use the pool facilities why shouldn't we be able to browse the savannah area at akl or the beach at the poly !? All the tips were posted on here by fellow dibbers. Now all I read is a lot of abuse and nastiness about it from fellow dibbers ...

2012 POR FQ Disneymoon
2013 OKW Disneymoon Pt2
2015 AKL and Cruise
2017 AKL, POP and Cruise
alibabaxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FluffyFiFi View Post
I was getting quite worried about this as we have booked Ohana's for 3rd July and contacted Disney to see if we would be able to access the beach, this is the reply I received

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that Magic Kingdom fireworks are visible from 'Ohana restaurant and the beach area at Disney's Polynesia Resort is open to guests of the resort and restaurants. Also, the Electrical Water Pageant will go by the resort at 9:00pm on July 3, 2014 and will be at Magic Kingdom park at 10:25pm.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

We look forward to seeing you in July!

Sincerely,

Lee Hampton

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Thank you for your reply.

Will we be able to see the 9pm fireworks from Ohana's?

Can we get access to the beach area at the Polynesian Resort?

Will we be able to see the Water Pageant at 10.25 from the Polynesian Resort?

Thank you,

Fiona
That's great news as we have it booked for the next day too!
I think it has felt abused because there is so little beach left whilst the work is going on. In normal circumstances I am sure it is Ok but in 4th July it can be a little abused probably, but I am sure a Dibber would always be on immaculate behaviour !
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibabaxx View Post
We stay on site but visit all the other hotels and resorts usually for food and drink using the restaurant facilities. Whilst there I think we have a right to look round and take in the different atmospheres.
We do that, I doubt any other onsite guests would have a problem. We usually stay in DVC resorts now so have restricted pool hopping privileges but even before DVC we'd visit other resorts (not the pools). We enjoy having a half hour in a CBR hammock (sorry pp ) or a walk at POR even when staying at BLT or BC as each resort is lovely and has its own unique attractions.

I do however think that whilst construction is ongoing and the beach limited, that only Poly residents and guests (i.e. those eating in the restaurants) should be able to use the beach during Wishes. Sorry if that's unpopular
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread