Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your reply HerculesTiger, ill go with the gift card but think its unfair that some got both!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SoraXIII View Post
Thanks for your reply HerculesTiger, ill go with the gift card but think its unfair that some got both!
I don't think it's a matter of fairness, some people got lucky and are in a position to hopefully take advantage of disneys mistake.
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm not begrudging those who got lucky and received both the discount and the gift cards, I just think that Disney should treat all UK customers who booked before the announcement of the refurb the same
After all, we pay a lot of money for our holiday and I know that while it is our choice to choose to holiday in the great Disney bubble, it is not going to be the same experience as it was when we went in 2015.
There will be no shop,or a decent pool bar and a huge tent to have your meals in, as well as all the construction going on. We have 2 rooms booked which means we will get $2100 in gift cards, which is great but I wouldn't necessarily spend that amount on Disney merchandise and I don't think that Disney will really notice much of a loss when people spend their "free money".
I apologise if I have sounded ungrateful and gloomy, just wanted to air my feelings, im sure it will be ok in the end(I hope)
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have you called to ask for a move?

If the gift card isn't going to enhance your experience to what you want it to be would a different resort do that?

We have 4 rooms & for 3 of those rooms the GC would have been nice but as we already have DDP would have been spent just for sake of spending

The move eventually was a much better option for us & staying in a resort I wouldn't have been able to afford had we been paying for it
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm not begrudging those who got lucky and received both the discount and the gift cards, I just think that Disney should treat all UK customers who booked before the announcement of the refurb the same
After all, we pay a lot of money for our holiday and I know that while it is our choice to choose to holiday in the great Disney bubble, it is not going to be the same experience as it was when we went in 2015.
There will be no shop,or a decent pool bar and a huge tent to have your meals in, as well as all the construction going on. We have 2 rooms booked which means we will get $2100 in gift cards, which is great but I wouldn't necessarily spend that amount on Disney merchandise and I don't think that Disney will really notice much of a loss when people spend their "free money".
I apologise if I have sounded ungrateful and gloomy, just wanted to air my feelings, im sure it will be ok in the end(I hope)
Absolutely, Disney were a mess the first week or two after the announcement (some would say it's no better now), one hand didn't know what the other was doing. I would have snapped their hand off for the discount but it was never an option for us as we had booked through Thomsons
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
diyorks
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Wishing everyone a truly magnificent holiday. Ask for a move if gc isn't going to be great for you, it's your holiday. Not long for us now and this group has been a huge help and source of humour and help. Just want a straightforward indirect flight and to be tucked up in bed by early eve on the 19th August. It can rain as much as it likes, I quite like dancing in puddles, because they are Disney puddles... rooting for you all across the way in Saratoga springs x
diyorks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi QueenElsa, no, I haven't asked for a move, wasn't sure it was possible as Disney didn't give me that option. Can I ask where you have moved to?
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Gerddon, I think it shouldn't matter if you booked direct with Disney or through a TA, everyone should be treated the same, as its Disneys mess!
Old 1 Aug 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi QueenElsa, no, I haven't asked for a move, wasn't sure it was possible as Disney didn't give me that option. Can I ask where you have moved to?
We've moved to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness.
We got offered Port Orleans River but I just kept asking if they had anything else. Cabins were valued higher than some deluxe too.

Before we booked we could only afford 2 cabins for the 10 of us.

They gave us 4 cabins for the 4 rooms which was amazing

If you are only expecting a gift card it's worth giving them a call and just say you are concerned that the holiday you booked won't be the holiday you get. You might be surprised - most are being offered Port Orleans but some Akl, Saratoga, art of animation

Worth a call - nothing to lose by asking xx
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you think if I request a move to a 2 bedroom villa at SSR, they would do it? you can live in hope, LOL
Closed Thread