Notices

Old 30 Jan 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooooh, a pre-trippie, how exciting!

From your countdown ADR's will have been booked by now. Please do share what you went for. Our ADR day is less than 100 days out so of course I am already deep into the research and planning.

I did think you could ask your parents if there were any cuisines from countries in WS that they'd like to try and that could then help with your Biergarten V Chefs De France V Teppan Edo quandary.

I am with you on skipping 'Ohana as we had a very rushed meal there too. We had a bad table and waitress at Tusker House so I would choose Crystal Palace, plus Kate needs to see Piglet Have you seen the new Christopher Robin film yet? Piglet is tiny but very cute in it.

Bonus of being at POFQ is that if your parents want to relax you can split up and they can take the boat to Disney springs for a wander around, or a drink somewhere instead. From holidays with family in the past (although not Disney holidays), the piece of advice I would give is to remember that you don't have to live in each others pockets, you can always split up, do different things and meet up together later.

Bit of an odd idea, but i just thought of it as I have been Marie Kondo-ing the house and there is a bag of stuff to be donated next to me, which includes a set I got in a lucky dip Secret Santa... what about cheap walkie talkies at TL to keep track of each other? Don't know if they are allowed or would work but I read you were unsure about keeping in touch and the idea struck.

Looking forward to hearing what meals you went for and how planning is going.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Ooooh, a pre-trippie, how exciting!

From your countdown ADR's will have been booked by now. Please do share what you went for. Our ADR day is less than 100 days out so of course I am already deep into the research and planning.

I did think you could ask your parents if there were any cuisines from countries in WS that they'd like to try and that could then help with your Biergarten V Chefs De France V Teppan Edo quandary.

I am with you on skipping 'Ohana as we had a very rushed meal there too. We had a bad table and waitress at Tusker House so I would choose Crystal Palace, plus Kate needs to see Piglet Have you seen the new Christopher Robin film yet? Piglet is tiny but very cute in it.

Bonus of being at POFQ is that if your parents want to relax you can split up and they can take the boat to Disney springs for a wander around, or a drink somewhere instead. From holidays with family in the past (although not Disney holidays), the piece of advice I would give is to remember that you don't have to live in each others pockets, you can always split up, do different things and meet up together later.

Bit of an odd idea, but i just thought of it as I have been Marie Kondo-ing the house and there is a bag of stuff to be donated next to me, which includes a set I got in a lucky dip Secret Santa... what about cheap walkie talkies at TL to keep track of each other? Don't know if they are allowed or would work but I read you were unsure about keeping in touch and the idea struck.

Looking forward to hearing what meals you went for and how planning is going.
I had to start this at new year because the ADR day was fast approaching, even though I'm not finished on last year's report. I will do a proper ADR update, probably at the weekend, I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear it didn't go smoothly, MDE is very glitchy like I said no one saw that coming

I have dropped one of the Epcot restaurants, so that I can squeeze in GG breakfast! But 2 out the 3 you have mentioned are in. Answers on a postcard...all will be revealed.

I haven't seen the Christopher Robin movie yet and we really should rectify that as I bet it's great fun.

I think you are right about not being in each others pockets 24-7. When it's just the 4 of us we like to have our own space, which is hard when you're all sharing 1 hotel room. So often at the pool we ignore each other, in the nicest possible way we do all get sun beds together. But often Dave will go off to the Jacuzzi, I will read, the kids will mess about in the pool, but it just gives us all a breather from being on top of each other all day and night. I'm sure we don't have arguments, as long as everyone does what I want when I want then we'll be fine

Oh god I loved that Marie Kondo series on Netflix. I already do the clothes thing anyway, but Kate and me watched the whole show in one weekend! We've done books, then my mum and sister in law were over at the weekend and I showed them the pile of books we were going to take to a charity shop and they took most of them! Ha ha, I'm not sure that's the spirit of it really, palming off our stuff on family members.

I have a memory that when my mum and dad went on holiday with one of my brothers and his family they had walkie talkies. I've got a feeling that as they had 2 cars they used them then, but I think that my mum may have turned the volume down 'accidentally' and so they didn't hear my dad's instructions, or something like that and he got a bit cross that they didn't do what he said. Hmm, now would having walkie talkies lead to a harmoniuos holiday experience or would it lead to

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no way, sorry to hear that your ADRs haven't gone to plan. But I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got planned. Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh no way, sorry to hear that your ADRs haven't gone to plan. But I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got planned. Xx
Oh I'm so dramatic I meant the booking of them wasn't smooth.

Although, I haven't managed to get 2 that I really wanted. I've decided to convince myself that it's because the restaurants haven't released the slots, I have no idea if that's a real thing though. So I'm going to keep checking, I just don't believe that at 180+10 days out they are fully booked. I'm sure a time slot will open up, it's just a pain to have to keep checking.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am going to guess that Biergarten has got the chop?!

I think it’s fair to say that the allusive ADRs just haven’t had the slots released yet, this has happened to me quite a few times on ADR day and always fly in to a tizz, overreact and rejig the entire plan.

Looking forward to your update.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh I'm so dramatic I meant the booking of them wasn't smooth.

Although, I haven't managed to get 2 that I really wanted. I've decided to convince myself that it's because the restaurants haven't released the slots, I have no idea if that's a real thing though. So I'm going to keep checking, I just don't believe that at 180+10 days out they are fully booked. I'm sure a time slot will open up, it's just a pain to have to keep checking.
I over dramatise things too 😂 I'd have been fuming at not being able to book. I was a wreck that day I did them haha. Hopefully more slots open up if not try calling instead xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am going to guess that Biergarten has got the chop?!

I think it’s fair to say that the allusive ADRs just haven’t had the slots released yet, this has happened to me quite a few times on ADR day and always fly in to a tizz, overreact and rejig the entire plan.

Looking forward to your update.
Ha, I'm really trying to resist the urge to tell you whether you are right or wrong. But I'm rubbish at maintaining a poker face. Ok, so I've had a mini internal debate. When I was about 3 I told my mum that we had got her a brilliant Christmas present and that it was a surprise and I couldn't tell her what it was but I could give her clues. They were red, fluffy and you wear them on your feet.

I've got a feeling she saw through my cunning clues

So, in the spirit of that story plus, I really want to tell you, I've dropped one that we've been to before. I doubt you will need another clue. I'm keen for us to have new experiences together rather than take them to places we think are awesome and therefore try to convince them to love them.

I checked all the days before and after for the restaurants I couldn't book and there was nothing not even a lunch or breakfast slot so I'm pretty sure they have not put the slots up there yet. I'm reassured you've had the same experience.

Old 31 Jan 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I over dramatise things too 😂 I'd have been fuming at not being able to book. I was a wreck that day I did them haha. Hopefully more slots open up if not try calling instead xx
ha ha great minds! I already tried that

All was not lost though as I love that they wish you a magical day at the end of the phone call!

Old 31 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha, I'm really trying to resist the urge to tell you whether you are right or wrong. But I'm rubbish at maintaining a poker face. Ok, so I've had a mini internal debate. When I was about 3 I told my mum that we had got her a brilliant Christmas present and that it was a surprise and I couldn't tell her what it was but I could give her clues. They were red, fluffy and you wear them on your feet.

I've got a feeling she saw through my cunning clues

So, in the spirit of that story plus, I really want to tell you, I've dropped one that we've been to before. I doubt you will need another clue. I'm keen for us to have new experiences together rather than take them to places we think are awesome and therefore try to convince them to love them.

I checked all the days before and after for the restaurants I couldn't book and there was nothing not even a lunch or breakfast slot so I'm pretty sure they have not put the slots up there yet. I'm reassured you've had the same experience.
Hmm, curious and curiouser, I must say I am surprised.

It is so hard balancing the old and new isn't it!? I have made a rule for this year that (IF we book ADRs) we aren't allowed to visit anywhere that I have reviewed in a TR, just to keep things fresh for ourselves, but everyone else's TRs throw curve balls all over the place.

Hope you're mum liked her sliders, they are all the rage these days

collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hmm, curious and curiouser, I must say I am surprised.

It is so hard balancing the old and new isn't it!? I have made a rule for this year that (IF we book ADRs) we aren't allowed to visit anywhere that I have reviewed in a TR, just to keep things fresh for ourselves, but everyone else's TRs throw curve balls all over the place.

Hope you're mum liked her sliders, they are all the rage these days

But of course you're not booking ADRs this year as it's QSDP for you. Come on think of all the snacks that you don't eat as you're too stuffed from eating TS. Think of chilli cheese waffle fries from Golden Oak Outpost, think of all the ice cream cookie sandwiches from the plaza or Hollywood scoops, think of all the Mickey pretzels and churros.

Seriously, I've been thinking we might do qsdp next time got to say that very quietly and not in earshot of Dave! I know he will love the star wars land at HS and will want to see it, or is that just me projecting on him? We'll worry about that another time I think!