Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Is this for this year or next?
This year, I never like to book too early and there were issues out of my control this year which meant I couldn't really commit until now. May have to rethink my tactics in future.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
This year, I never like to book too early and there were issues out of my control this year which meant I couldn't really commit until now. May have to rethink my tactics in future.
Have you considered renting DVC points? Either through the DIBB or one of the main rental websites? They may have some availability. There’s a thread on here where kind owners will check for you.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We were led to.believe it's the opposite we have got a stupidly cheap holiday at the begining of October as there are lots of holidays available!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Have you considered renting DVC points? Either through the DIBB or one of the main rental websites? They may have some availability. There’s a thread on here where kind owners will check for you.
I've not really considered that, or even thought about it to be honest. Thanks for the suggestion I'll have a look.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
We were led to.believe it's the opposite we have got a stupidly cheap holiday at the begining of October as there are lots of holidays available!
Same! I’ve booked for mid October as was led to believe it’s not that busy! Touring plans are saying that it’s not that busy either? I only booked a few weeks ago and got it for a great price. Strange x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

There's nothing special going on in October, Disney are just really, really good at filling their hotels.
Occupancy rates over the last few years are consistently in the 90% region, every week of every month.

I agree that there aren't any quiet times anymore but when offsite hotels are approaching that sort of occupancy, that's when you know the parks will be busy

Edited at 08:02 PM.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I've not really considered that, or even thought about it to be honest. Thanks for the suggestion I'll have a look.
Here’s the thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...965585&page=43

You can just give your dates and someone will check what’s available. You might need a studio or a 1/2 bed villa. Then you can use the DVC points calculator on here to see how many points you need for that room type and resort.

There is a points section on the DVC board offering points for rent. But there are online websites too.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
We've done that in the past and never had a problem and that was in August, thought it would be the same this time but really struggling at the moment. Plenty of offsite deals around it's just onsite that is proving tricky. Thomas Cook only have a family suite at AoA and want over £6k for the 3 of us
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go Oct/Nov and every time it’s gets busier . Last time was ridiculous . Struggled with fastpass and adrs . The parks were busy with food and wine and parties . It’s a myth it’s quiet but somehow people just don’t believe you .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
There's nothing special going on in October, Disney are just really, really good at filling their hotels.
Occupancy rates over the last few years are consistently in the 90% region, every week of every month.

I agree that there aren't any quiet times anymore but when offsite hotels are approaching that sort of occupancy, that's when you know the parks will be busy
Yes there is - Halloween and Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Both these increase attendance at Disney especially.

There basically are no quiet times any more as Disney have done their job in making every time of year attractive for some reason or other.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List