Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mummykazzy
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney in late July/August a no no? Here now

Hi there

We normally do Orlando at this time of year, well we are here now lol. Hubby has just changed jobs and now has set hols, so we have three weeks late july/August. What’s everyone’s thoughts re weather and how busy Disney is with all uk and USA schools being off? Also it’s 34 here today I’m not sure how much hotter I could bear it!? Been seven times but only in late September/early October. Thanks in advance 🔥
mummykazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Since I started working in schools we have only been in July / August. I was initially worried about it but we haven’t found it too bad. It is hot but not much more than 34. We move from air con to air con.
And I guess it’s busy but with fastpasses we don’t queue that long. We are now in the position of knowing we’ll be back so if a line is too long we just skip it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
With the kids we are limited to school hols. This year we went 26/7-16/8. It was fine. Yes it’s humid, but you just adapt your plans. As PP said, use air con and FPs to avoid long queues. We also found doing the parks later in the day/night worked better for us, and the humidity wasn’t quite as bad.
Old 30 Sep 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
josephus_fl
slightly serious Dibber

josephus_fl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The heat in July / August was similar to what we are experiencing now, but there is more humidity in the summer which makes it feel hotter and is more energy zapping.

As an approximate guide the heat isn't far off what it was like today (Sunday) if that helps.
josephus_fl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

July and August are no longer mega busy times.
Given how hot it was in U.K. this year, it didn’t feel overly hot for us this year either, think we had got used to it.
If I had a choice, I wouldn’t go then, mainly because flights are so expensive, but I wouldn’t let the crowds or heat put you off.
I’ve been September plenty of times and in fact there is little difference in average humid or temperature between September and Jul/ August.
Old 30 Sep 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

We’ve been in June, late July and mid two weeks of September. September was the worst as we were getting the daytime heat but not the afternoon storms. It didn’t fall below 25c at night. We coped by getting out early, having a nice lunch then back to the hotel/villa for the afternoon, then out again in the evening. I loved those warm summer evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

We went last 2 weeks of August and I thought it was much more manageable queue wise than October half term.

It was hot but because you seem to be in and out of queues and air con I can’t say it bothered us. We did stand and watch a show at 1pm in the full sun in front of the disney castle including waiting for ages and that was the only time my family complained it was too hot. Although as it was a girly show and my boys and husband didn’t really want to watch it, I blame that!

We had bits of thunder and one or two downpours but it was all fine. Not like a miserable summer in the uk where rain spoils everything
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We were there in mid-late August and I was worried about the heat. In the event it was fine, mainly because we avoided being out and about in the afternoon heat (or downpours as it turned out on some days).

And I didn’t find it too busy - we are not queuers, and prefer to make good use of FP+, ADRs, and mornings and evenings in the parks, afternoons at the water parks or by the pool.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

We went for our honeymoon in 2017 end of July into early Aug and it was busy as expected but we planned our fastpasses well so was no trouble however it was bloody hot. Every day 38-40 and one day went to 42-44! It was crazy. We didn't do much that day suffice to say.

We got stuff done but only managed half days due to heat. We either got there morning and stayed until 1-3pm or went there for late afternoon and stayed for evening shows.

Not to sound grim but you certainly sweat from places you didn't know you could sweat from! Like your shins? That was weird lol.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just watching channel 9 news, wonderful weather at the moment, will hit 90 at 4, 10% chance of rain.