Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

In your daughter's shoes, I'd phone them. She has a contract, a start date etc. It may be as someone else has said, that she got a bulk email by mistake?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
In your daughter's shoes, I'd phone them. She has a contract, a start date etc. It may be as someone else has said, that she got a bulk email by mistake?
This is what I was going to post. It may be that she has received it in error.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

The thing with my daughter she’s not very proactive. She’s the kind of person to just let it go, unlike me who’d be fighting my way in there lol.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
The thing with my daughter she’s not very proactive. She’s the kind of person to just let it go, unlike me who’d be fighting my way in there lol.
Push her in to phoning, dial the number then give her the phone. Did she have missed calls from them while she was away?
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think they might have made a mistake. From the email it sounds as if they thought this was their first contact with her. I would ring and check
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
This is a good place to start then ! Tell her she will meet this sort of nonsense throughout her life - she will feel a sense of achievement if she queries or challenges it.

Good luck - let us know how it goes. Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Push her in to phoning, dial the number then give her the phone. Did she have missed calls from them while she was away?
She doesn’t live here with me, she’s away at uni.

I’ve messaged her but no reply this evening
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definitely sounds as though she has been sent this email in error. Happened to my sister years ago. She received 2 letters, one telling her she had a job and another telling her she was unsuccessful. She did have a job.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’d say to her that she has nothing to lose by phoning (or at least emailing if she really wouldn’t want to phone) and may have something to gain. Hopefully it is a mistake.

I hate phoning people and Will often bullet point notes so that I know what I want to say before I call. Maybe that could help her.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

She really should phone to clarify the position. The email does appear to be addressing several unsuccessful applicants, not aimed at someone they have offered the position to and are now withdrawing the offer. Very few people enjoy making these type of phone calls but she will find many times in her life when she has to do so, this seems a good time to start. If it makes it easier for her maybe she could write down her opening conversation and bullet points so she doesn’t get flustered.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List