Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Sep 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile Going in February. Cheaper to buy tickets before or after the new year?

We have just booked to go back in February. With park tickets (we’ll be buying the 14 day package for Disney and Universal), does anyone know if it’s normally cheaper to buy them the year before, or right at the beginning of the year of the holiday? Not sure if they’ll be cheaper now as it’s the year before, or if they do sales in January. Tia x
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Prices vary and trying to predict whether they will go up or down is a bit of a lottery. The ticket sellers do usually have sales around Black Friday and after Christmas (Boxing Day / New Years sales) but these are generally only small-ish discounts of a few %. In the meantime the prices might go up and, if they do, that increase would cancel out any price reduction due to sales.

Having said that, in the past two years Disney have reduced the price of the 14 day ticket from mid-December for a few months. It's possible they may do the same again. Therefore, I would tentatively suggest waiting until the New Year - the tickets might be cheaper then.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

There will be tickets on sale with a 2018 and 2019 date. The 2019 tickets may cost more but you will need to buy these.
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As already mentioned above Disney usually reduce the ticket price once the free dining offer has finished. So the current 14 day price of £419 may come down to £399 or less. Shop around as Disney may not be the cheapest. ATD are reliable to buy from and will price match.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We booked our tickets for february 19 back in march. £3306 for 3adults 2 kids. I think it was £672 adults and £648 kids. That also.included sea world and busch gardens though. Ive never seen them come anywhere near that price since. My parents paid £720 each last month for the same ticket
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Prices vary and trying to predict whether they will go up or down is a bit of a lottery. The ticket sellers do usually have sales around Black Friday and after Christmas (Boxing Day / New Years sales) but these are generally only small-ish discounts of a few %. In the meantime the prices might go up and, if they do, that increase would cancel out any price reduction due to sales.

Having said that, in the past two years Disney have reduced the price of the 14 day ticket from mid-December for a few months. It's possible they may do the same again. Therefore, I would tentatively suggest waiting until the New Year - the tickets might be cheaper then.
Just to confirm as I’ve posted this on another thread - Disney have confirmed to me that in 2nd week of December there will be a good offer on their tix prices
(I rang to upgrade a 14d to 21d at cost of £120) and they said I might want to wait as in Dec it ‘may’ only cost me around £20 so I’d wait

ETA: that’s for 3x adult tix
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Just to confirm as I’ve posted this on another thread - Disney have confirmed to me that in 2nd week of December there will be a good offer on their tix prices
(I rang to upgrade a 14d to 21d at cost of £120) and they said I might want to wait as in Dec it ‘may’ only cost me around £20 so I’d wait

Interesting. Thanks for that.

I'm surprised they gave that sort of information out over the phone. In fact, I'm surprised a random telephone operator in a call centre somewhere knows that sort of information this far in advance (or at all!). But it is similar to the last 2 years so it fits.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Interesting. Thanks for that.

I'm surprised they gave that sort of information out over the phone. In fact, I'm surprised a random telephone operator in a call centre somewhere knows that sort of information this far in advance (or at all!). But it is similar to the last 2 years so it fits.
But he didn't really give me any solid information other than 'we may have offers in mid December' and 'you may want to wait as it may be cheaper, around £20' and then went on to say or he could upgrade me now for £120

I knew what he was saying and I thought it was really good of him without actually confirming anything definite at all to me IYKWIM

He used the word 'may' quite a few times though!
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
But he didn't really give me any solid information other than 'we may have offers in mid December' and 'you may want to wait as it may be cheaper, around £20' and then went on to say or he could upgrade me now for £120

I knew what he was saying and I thought it was really good of him without actually confirming anything definite at all to me IYKWIM

He used the word 'may' quite a few times though!
I do wonder whether he actually knew some inside knowledge of an upcoming offer or whether he was just basing it off what Disney UK has done in the last 2 years.

I can say that Disney may have an offer in mid December - in fact I said it back in the second post. However, it doesn't really mean a lot because it's based on nothing more than what's happened in the past. It may happen again or it might not.

I guess your post makes me a little more convinced that the OP should wait until the end of December.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 4 Dec 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Well this proved to be good advice! I'm so glad I read this and held off buying. They've just reduced them by £24 and now include free Magic Bands. Thanks so much for sharing this.